http://chispacca.com

Sir C
04-04-2018, 08:39 AM

Steak on steroids. WES would love that.

World's End Stella
04-04-2018, 08:46 AM

You mean because of the long bone? It's a popular cut in Canada and America but it's all show. It's just a ribeye steak on the bone without the bone being cut back to make it manageable. Referred to as Tomahawk, I believe.

I enquired about one in Vancouver once (grain fed, of course) but the chap selling them told me there was nothing different about the meat itself so I couldn't be bothered.

Luis Anaconda
Are you suggesting he is a spacca type of person?

happy belated birthday btw - hope you had a fine day

World's End Stella
Steak on steroids. WES would love that.

No, just cut differently.

I shall add this to the 'Charles knows sod all about food' list. It's about a mile long at this point. :hehe:

Sir C
04-04-2018, 08:50 AM
Are you suggesting he is a spacca type of person?

happy belated birthday btw - hope you had a fine day

ty la. I had a lovely day wandering around looking at aeroplanes at the Imperial War Museum at Duxford and then had dinner and stayed overnight at Jamie Oliver's parents' pub. It was the perfect bithday really.

Monty92
04-04-2018, 08:59 AM
You mean because of the long bone? It's a popular cut in Canada and America but it's all show. It's just a ribeye steak on the bone without the bone being cut back to make it manageable. Referred to as Tomahawk, I believe.

I enquired about one in Vancouver once (grain fed, of course) but the chap selling them told me there was nothing different about the meat itself so I couldn't be bothered.

I got upsold a Tomahawk one in MASH fairly recently. Totally for show. And if more than one of you are having one at the table, it's a logistical nightmare.

Sir C
04-04-2018, 09:04 AM
No, just cut differently.

I shall add this to the 'Charles knows sod all about food' list. It's about a mile long at this point. :hehe:

What are you gibbering on about, man? Who is talking about the cut? YOU'RE HEARING VOICES IN YOUR HEAD AGAIN, AREN'T YOU?

World's End Stella
04-04-2018, 09:11 AM
What are you gibbering on about, man? Who is talking about the cut? YOU'RE HEARING VOICES IN YOUR HEAD AGAIN, AREN'T YOU?

You said it was steak on steroids. That would imply that it was larger than normal. It isn't. It's just cut differently.

Now stop thinking before you hurt yourself.

Sir C
04-04-2018, 09:24 AM
You said it was steak on steroids. That would imply that it was larger than normal. It isn't. It's just cut differently.

You've completely misundersto oh just forget it.

Luis Anaconda
04-04-2018, 09:30 AM

If only you had hair, fewer things would go over your head

World's End Stella
04-04-2018, 09:42 AM
If only you had hair, fewer things would go over your head

At 6'3" it wouldn't be many things.

Charles was possibly referring to grain fed meat which requires the cows to be fed antibiotics but not steroids. Steroids were outlawed years ago. But that's what I get for trying to help him out. :-)

Luis Anaconda
04-04-2018, 09:50 AM
At 6'3" it wouldn't be many things.

Charles was possibly referring to grain fed meat which requires the cows to be fed antibiotics but not steroids. Steroids were outlawed years ago. But that's what I get for trying to help him out. :-)

I think he was probably referring to the headline An Italian Steakhouse on Steriods tbh

World's End Stella
04-04-2018, 09:53 AM
I think he was probably referring to the headline An Italian Steakhouse on Steriods tbh

I meant why he mentioned me as liking it. This is really boring now. :nod:

Luis Anaconda
04-04-2018, 09:57 AM
I meant why he mentioned me as liking it. This is really boring now. :nod:

Finally something we can agree on :)