PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, Aussies caught ball-tampering and are promptly thrashed by 492 runs

PSRB
04-03-2018, 09:29 AM
as they couldn't bowl for toffee........

Burney
04-03-2018, 09:38 AM
as they couldn't bowl for toffee........

Did any of them burst into tears? Honestly, the sight of these spoilt brats crying because someone's taken their toys away would sicken a dog. Revolting spectacle.

Tony C
04-03-2018, 09:47 AM
Wait this has finished??? Godamit. South Africa were 1/10 to win but was on a call with my manager.

Jesus...that was quick work for SA.

Peter
04-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Did any of them burst into tears? Honestly, the sight of these spoilt brats crying because someone's taken their toys away would sicken a dog. Revolting spectacle.

It was funny at first, then sickening.

This has cost them a fortune....

Tony C
04-03-2018, 09:48 AM

Pretty sure Warner faked his tears. Noticed right at the end a little smirk to indicate - Can’t believe you mugs fell for that!!!

Burney
04-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Pretty sure Warner faked his tears. Noticed right at the end a little smirk to indicate - Can’t believe you mugs fell for that!!!

Real or faked, the tears were all about self-pity rather than remorse. The idea that anyone would feel more forgiving towards them as a consequence is laughable.

Peter
04-03-2018, 09:55 AM
Real or faked, the tears were all about self-pity rather than remorse. The idea that anyone would feel more forgiving towards them as a consequence is laughable.

Definitely a stunt, no question. Any genuine devastation on their part will be about the ban and the IPL contracts they are missing out on. And, I suppose, their reputation in the game (less of an issue for Warner who was already despised by pretty much everybody).

Burney
04-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Definitely a stunt, no question. Any genuine devastation on their part will be about the ban and the IPL contracts they are missing out on. And, I suppose, their reputation in the game (less of an issue for Warner who was already despised by pretty much everybody).

Yup. Fairplay to the IPL, actually. They didn't have to put the boot into Smith and Warner, but they did rather gratifyingly. I suspect that came as a nasty shock to them. :hehe:

Actually, I must admit that the depths of contempt clearly felt for David Warner throughout world cricket have surprised even me.

Peter
04-03-2018, 10:11 AM
Yup. Fairplay to the IPL, actually. They didn't have to put the boot into Smith and Warner, but they did rather gratifyingly. I suspect that came as a nasty shock to them. :hehe:

Actually, I must admit that the depths of contempt clearly felt for David Warner throughout world cricket have surprised even me.

I thought Michael Vaughan was rather 'firm' on the matter. Certainly gives me the impression that some of what goes on behind the scenes and away from the stump mic is as bad as has been suggested. I noted he walked a long way towards the stand to give Jimmy Anderson a bit of verbals when he came out to bat. Clearly stuff he didn't want the stump mic picking up.

Basically, a real piece of ****.

Burney
04-03-2018, 10:23 AM
I thought Michael Vaughan was rather 'firm' on the matter. Certainly gives me the impression that some of what goes on behind the scenes and away from the stump mic is as bad as has been suggested. I noted he walked a long way towards the stand to give Jimmy Anderson a bit of verbals when he came out to bat. Clearly stuff he didn't want the stump mic picking up.

Basically, a real piece of ****.

I liked Nasser Hussein's dig that Warner had basically abused every team in world cricket except the Indians because doing so might have jeopardised his IPL contract. Prick.

Peter
04-03-2018, 10:31 AM
I liked Nasser Hussein's dig that Warner had basically abused every team in world cricket except the Indians because doing so might have jeopardised his IPL contract. Prick.

A guy I work with bumped into a few of the england lads in a bar in Cardiff after the Ashes test there. He got chatting with Stokes who was basically telling him that there is no respect between them and the Aussies- they absolutely hate them.

I think the phrase regarding Mitchell Johnson was something along the lines of 'the biggest **** I have ever met'........

I was thinking the other day about the gigantic ****ing stink they kicked up over Broad not walking in that test over here. Even at the time that was ridiculous but looking at it now.....

Burney
04-03-2018, 10:47 AM
A guy I work with bumped into a few of the england lads in a bar in Cardiff after the Ashes test there. He got chatting with Stokes who was basically telling him that there is no respect between them and the Aussies- they absolutely hate them.

I think the phrase regarding Mitchell Johnson was something along the lines of 'the biggest **** I have ever met'........

I was thinking the other day about the gigantic ****ing stink they kicked up over Broad not walking in that test over here. Even at the time that was ridiculous but looking at it now.....

There's been a preening arrogance to them for a while now - since the Clarke era, basically. Oddly, it hasn't necessarily had anything to do with their on-field prowess. They were as objectionable when we were handing them their arses as when they were handing us ours.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-03-2018, 11:21 AM
The biggest crime ever committed is getting caught

Luis Anaconda
04-03-2018, 11:22 AM

Harsh - he did have a go at least one Indian batsman ("Speak English") - sure he upset a few others. When I say harsh, I do mean good riddance to the hateful ****

Luis Anaconda
04-03-2018, 11:23 AM

Also well done Broad for not picking up the bait when asked about Lehmann. "We want to make him cry and go home" wasn't it Darren :hehe: Oh well the order isn't important

Peter
04-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Also well done Broad for not picking up the bait when asked about Lehmann. "We want to make him cry and go home" wasn't it Darren :hehe: Oh well the order isn't important

We had better ****ing hammer them when they come here next year. No more of this bull**** cricket...

SWv2
04-03-2018, 01:01 PM
Have to say I am shocked at the levels of vitriol on display here.

Burney
04-03-2018, 01:12 PM
We had better ****ing hammer them when they come here next year. No more of this bull**** cricket...

With what? Our only two test-class bowlers will be 33 and 37 by then.

Pokster
04-03-2018, 01:12 PM

Really? thought it was the norm' now

Peter
04-03-2018, 01:14 PM
With what? Our only two test-class bowlers will be 33 and 37 by then.

Maybe we could spend a year teaching Mark Wood the difference between a fullish length and a half volley.

And Stokes might be fit/ not in prison.

Peter
04-03-2018, 01:15 PM

We are talking about australians and cricket.

Burney
04-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Maybe we could spend a year teaching Mark Wood the difference between a fullish length and a half volley.

And Stokes might be fit/ not in prison.

I don't mind Wood overpitching, it's the injuries that are really problematic. He's the only real prospect I've seen from the current crop and I do think he'd have made a difference in Australia if the cvnt hadn't been crocked. :-(

SWv2
04-03-2018, 01:38 PM
We are talking about australians and cricket.

If English football fans behaved in such a way, publicly displaying such hatred and animosity towards another country, Germany for example, they would be roundly lambasted and dis-owned by you and your type.

I am saddened Pedro.

Burney
04-03-2018, 01:46 PM
If English football fans behaved in such a way, publicly displaying such hatred and animosity towards another country, Germany for example, they would be roundly lambasted and dis-owned by you and your type.

I am saddened Pedro.

Normally, the rivalry between England and Australia is vicious, but essentially good-natured. However, the recent crop of Australian players have been particularly loathsome - hence the glee in international cricketing circles at their humiliation.

Peter
04-03-2018, 01:48 PM
I don't mind Wood overpitching, it's the injuries that are really problematic. He's the only real prospect I've seen from the current crop and I do think he'd have made a difference in Australia if the cvnt hadn't been crocked. :-(

He bowls a decent pace and a very consistent line. Against NEw Zealand he was clearly uncomfortable bowling full and kept dropping too short. When they convinced him to bowl full in the second innings he was over pitching. It is probably a confidence thing. The bowlers in my side always hated pitching the ball up and you had to bully them into it.

If he can sort out his length he can take a lot of wickets. He is definitely different from the standard English trundlers.

THen there are the injuries. Very few quick bowlers have the kind of kneesand ankles that can stand the strain they put on them. People like Curley and Allan Donald are just physical freaks as well as world class bowlers.

Peter
04-03-2018, 01:50 PM

I am saddened Pedro.

I dont have a type.

Burney
04-03-2018, 02:02 PM
He bowls a decent pace and a very consistent line. Against NEw Zealand he was clearly uncomfortable bowling full and kept dropping too short. When they convinced him to bowl full in the second innings he was over pitching. It is probably a confidence thing. The bowlers in my side always hated pitching the ball up and you had to bully them into it.

If he can sort out his length he can take a lot of wickets. He is definitely different from the standard English trundlers.

THen there are the injuries. Very few quick bowlers have the kind of kneesand ankles that can stand the strain they put on them. People like Curley and Allan Donald are just physical freaks as well as world class bowlers.

Fast bowlers love people nicking off, but hate being driven. Being bears of little brain, it is necessary for wiser heads to explain to them sometimes that in order to get the former, they have to risk the latter.

Peter
04-03-2018, 03:00 PM
Fast bowlers love people nicking off, but hate being driven. Being bears of little brain, it is necessary for wiser heads to explain to them sometimes that in order to get the former, they have to risk the latter.

Jimmy's ball to remove Nicholls last night was a thing of beauty. Set him up beautifully then floated one across him and just shy of the half volley. Some bowlers have a bit of brain about them..... mind you, he is in his late 30s...