PDA

View Full Version : **** me, the Guardian splashing on another Corbyn anti-semitism row

Monty92
04-03-2018, 08:10 AM
consistent with my prediction that even the centre left media won’t be able to resist covering this story...

The founder of Momentum openly criticising his actions too. That’s incredible, given they basically created Corbyn.

This is all going far, far better than I could have ever imagined

Burney
04-03-2018, 08:23 AM
echoing my belief that even the centre left media can’t resist this story...

The founder of Momentum openly criticising his actions too. That’s incredible, given they basically created Corbyn.

This is all going far, far better than I could have ever imagined

I love that Lansman said that it was Corbyn's 'night off' and that his office didn't know he was there.

First of all, when did 'nights off' become a thing for the Leader of the Opposition? Alongside his 'days in lieu' it suggests a profoundly unserious man.
Secondly, how mired in fringe, hard-left crankery do you have to be that your idea of fun is spending Easter Monday sharing your beetroot with a bunch of anti-zionist Jewish nutjobs?
Third, how stupid does Corbyn have to be to think this would either go down well or go unnoticed?
Fourth, the overall impression is that unless minded 24/7, Corbyn will inevitably wander off and stumble into a meeting with anti-semites and/or terrorist sympathisers, appear at the embassy of a hostile South American country or have a cup of tea with a Soviet spy. :hehe:

Monty92
04-03-2018, 08:29 AM
Deleting his personal Facebook page was an interesting move too...

Burney
04-03-2018, 08:31 AM

Oh, yeah. The equivalent of shredding and burning files when the feds are onto you. As plain an admission of guilt as one could ask for.

PSRB
04-03-2018, 08:32 AM

He'll justify that by saying it's down to the data handling of Facebook.

Peter
04-03-2018, 08:35 AM
I love that Lansman said that it was Corbyn's 'night off' and that his office didn't know he was there.

First of all, when did 'nights off' become a thing for the Leader of the Opposition? Alongside his 'days in lieu' it suggests a profoundly unserious man.
Secondly, how mired in fringe, hard-left crankery do you have to be that your idea of fun is spending Easter Monday sharing your beetroot with a bunch of anti-zionist Jewish nutjobs?
Third, how stupid does Corbyn have to be to think this would either go down well or go unnoticed?
Fourth, the overall impression is that unless minded 24/7, Corbyn will inevitably wander off and stumble into a meeting with anti-semites and/or terrorist sympathisers, appear at the embassy of a hostile South American country or have a cup of tea with a Soviet spy. :hehe:

So he isn't entitled to a night off? He cant attend an event in his own constituency as a private citizen?

I love the name of the organisation - Jewdas :hehe::hehe:

Burney
04-03-2018, 08:41 AM
So he isn't entitled to a night off? He cant attend an event in his own constituency as a private citizen?

I love the name of the organisation - Jewdas :hehe::hehe:

He may do as he likes, p. It is a (relatively) free country - as long as his lot don't get into power.

However, no, he does not get a 'night off' from being leader of the opposition. Everything he does will be seen in the light of that fact - something he appears not yet to have grasped.

I quite liked the name, too. Particularly at Easter. :hehe:

Jesus, but he's thick, p. What's even funnier is that increasingly his stupidity is the only excuse his defenders have to fall back on for his actions.

Peter
04-03-2018, 08:50 AM
He may do as he likes, p. It is a (relatively) free country - as long as his lot don't get into power.

However, no, he does not get a 'night off' from being leader of the opposition. Everything he does will be seen in the light of that fact - something he appears not yet to have grasped.

I quite liked the name, too. Particularly at Easter. :hehe:

Jesus, but he's thick, p. What's even funnier is that increasingly his stupidity is the only excuse his defenders have to fall back on for his actions.

I think the key clue is 'in his own constituency'..... where he is not just the Leader of the Opposition but the local MP.

As I said last week, NOBODY is this stupid. You have to conclude that this is deliberate provocation.

Or another conspiracy by a zionist-led media.......:)

Saw an interesting film about the libel case involving David Irving at the weekend. For the record, no, I dont agree with him....

Burney
04-03-2018, 08:56 AM
I think the key clue is 'in his own constituency'..... where he is not just the Leader of the Opposition but the local MP.

As I said last week, NOBODY is this stupid. You have to conclude that this is deliberate provocation.

Or another conspiracy by a zionist-led media.......:)

Saw an interesting film about the libel case involving David Irving at the weekend. For the record, no, I dont agree with him....

If it's provocation, it's him going rogue against his office, Momentum and pretty much everyone who wants to put him in Downing St.

I mean, I know his commitment to anti-zionism is strong, but is it that strong? Or is he actually trying to force them to sack him as leader so he can get back to his level of competence (wherever the fvck that is)?

Peter
04-03-2018, 09:05 AM
If it's provocation, it's him going rogue against his office, Momentum and pretty much everyone who wants to put him in Downing St.

I mean, I know his commitment to anti-zionism is strong, but is it that strong? Or is he actually trying to force them to sack him as leader so he can get back to his level of competence (wherever the fvck that is)?

It is perfectly possible that he has had enough of a job that he never really wanted and for which he is hopelessly unprepared/unqualified.

I really cant put up with a Labour leader who is willing to cause this much trouble over his hatred of Israel. As much as I may respect the view it is hardly a key issue in the job description. where is this fabled commitment to 'ordinary people' most of whom don't give a **** about Israel one way or the other?

IUFG
04-03-2018, 09:13 AM
It is perfectly possible that he has had enough of a job that he never really wanted and for which he is hopelessly unprepared/unqualified.

I really cant put up with a Labour leader who is willing to cause this much trouble over his hatred of Israel. As much as I may respect the view it is hardly a key issue in the job description. where is this fabled commitment to 'ordinary people' most of whom don't give a **** about Israel one way or the other?

Politician in putting their own agenda before that of their constituents shocker..?

Burney
04-03-2018, 09:16 AM

He couldn't give a toss about 'ordinary people'. He is MP in a constituency whose occupants and concerns are about as far removed from 'ordinary' as any in the country. He cut his teeth in fringe politics and that fringe is where all his interests lie. This is what happens when you elect a professional protester as leader rather than a politician.

Peter
04-03-2018, 09:22 AM
He couldn't give a toss about 'ordinary people'. He is MP in a constituency whose occupants and concerns are about as far removed from 'ordinary' as any in the country. He cut his teeth in fringe politics and that fringe is where all his interests lie. This is what happens when you elect a professional protester as leader rather than a politician.

You sound like me :)

Peter
04-03-2018, 09:25 AM
Politician in putting their own agenda before that of their constituents shocker..?

It is, a bit. THe job of a modern day politician is pandering to the whims and tastes of the 'general public'. Principled stands on complicated issues of foreign policy area a massive error.

Burney
04-03-2018, 09:29 AM
You sound like me :)

Well I've always said that you have a bottom of good sense, p.

For a muddle-headed lefty, that is.

Burney
04-03-2018, 09:32 AM
It is, a bit. THe job of a modern day politician is pandering to the whims and tastes of the 'general public'. Principled stands on complicated issues of foreign policy area a massive error.

I note, by the way, that the Saudi Crown Prince is now saying he wants to recognise the State of Israel. Old-fashioned anti-zionism is soon going to look very old hat and unfashionable. The world is moving on.

Peter
04-03-2018, 09:35 AM
Well I've always said that you have a bottom of good sense, p.

For a muddle-headed lefty, that is.

The destruction of the left of the party for its rabid anti-semitism will allow for the restoration of the centre of the party following its destruction by Blair's silly war.

Better a war monger than a jew hater :)

Burney
04-03-2018, 09:40 AM
The destruction of the left of the party for its rabid anti-semitism will allow for the restoration of the centre of the party following its destruction by Blair's silly war.

Better a war monger than a jew hater :)

Easier said than done. Say what you like about the left, but its seizing of the party machinery has been impressive. They won't go down without a fight.

Peter
04-03-2018, 09:46 AM
Easier said than done. Say what you like about the left, but its seizing of the party machinery has been impressive. They won't go down without a fight.

It wouldnt be the Labour Party without a good internal fight :)

Tony C
04-03-2018, 09:54 AM
Anyone got links to the Facebook groups?

Sounds like a place I can let Mickey Pearce, Star Trek Gooner, Profumo and Sarah loose on imo