PDA

View Full Version : Bellerin’s dip in form...

Tony C
04-01-2018, 10:30 PM
No denying when he first broke into the team he looked like he go on to be one of the best right backs in Europe but ever since he signed his new contract he’s been garbage.

Pace seems to have dropped, can’t pass or cross a ball, out if position at the wrong times, poor tackling etc etc

It seems that around about the same time he decided to become a vegan.

Fkin kids these days :shrug:

No wonder he hasn’t progressed...running on fumes all the time eating rabbit food instead of the good stuff.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
04-02-2018, 03:18 AM
No denying when he first broke into the team he looked like he go on to be one of the best right backs in Europe but ever since he signed his new contract he’s been garbage.

Pace seems to have dropped, can’t pass or cross a ball, out if position at the wrong times, poor tackling etc etc

No wonder he hasn’t progressed...running on fumes all the time eating rabbit food instead of the good stuff.

He is basically playing wing back in a 4-4-2. He doesn't have anyone to link with. Yet still gave the pass for LaK7's penalty. Still got on to Rambo's turn and pass into the box. Perhaps if we play Auba on the left a HM on the right, he might have someone to work with.

taxman10
04-02-2018, 09:10 AM
We were so narrow is was unreal

PSRB
04-03-2018, 08:36 AM

Annoyed me when we broke out and he's got the ball with just Glen Johnson ahead and acres of space behind him and he just stopped and passed inside, was crying out for him to push it past and run into the acres of space behind.

Did amuse me though on another occasion when we were breaking and Ozil looked to have slowed up play and the crowd were on his case and then he just turned a fired a beautiful pass straight down the middle to keep the break going and then got a huge round of applause

IUFG
04-03-2018, 09:10 AM
Annoyed me when we broke out and he's got the ball with just Glen Johnson ahead and acres of space behind him and he just stopped and passed inside, was crying out for him to push it past and run into the acres of space behind.

This appears to have become the Arsenal way.

Shocking lack of application for the most part on Sunday. Ozil was on the ball several times and appeared to be at a loss what to do with it because of lack of movement ahead of him.

At one point during the first half, I decided to count how many passes we could put together. 2 was the answer. I tried again, 6 - before someone passed into touch. I gave up at this point.

Apart from Shakira's shot in the first few minutes. How shíte are Stoke? Thankfully, I believe they will go down this season :cloud9:

PSRB
04-03-2018, 09:14 AM
This appears to have become the Arsenal way.

Shocking lack of application for the most part on Sunday. Ozil was on the ball several times and appeared to be at a loss what to do with it because of lack of movement ahead of him.

At one point during the first half, I decided to count how many passes we could put together. 2 was the answer. I tried again, 6 - before someone passed into touch. I gave up at this point.

Apart from Shakira's shot in the first few minutes. How shíte are Stoke? Thankfully, I believe they will go down this season :cloud9:

For all our moaning, could you imagine paying to watch that lot, week in, week out?! We were awful and still Butland made about 5 or 6 decent saves and we scored 3.

Billy Goat Sverige
04-03-2018, 09:15 AM
He is basically playing wing back in a 4-4-2. He doesn't have anyone to link with. Yet still gave the pass for LaK7's penalty. Still got on to Rambo's turn and pass into the box. Perhaps if we play Auba on the left a HM on the right, he might have someone to work with.

Spot on. Can’t really expect him to do much when the bloke who’s supposed to be playing ahead of him is on the other side of the pitch.

IUFG
04-03-2018, 09:15 AM
For all our moaning, could you imagine paying to watch that lot, week in, week out?! We were awful and still Butland made about 5 or 6 decent saves and we scored 3.

Butland would be a decent buy in the inevitable firesale imo

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Heads up.... We'll probably get Jonny Evans for next to nowt this summer

PSRB
04-03-2018, 11:15 AM
Heads up.... We'll probably get Jonny Evans for next to nowt this summer

I don't get this at all. Us, City, spurs and others are linked with him, I get he's cheap but he's also bloody mediocre and I'm being generous with that.

World's End Stella
04-03-2018, 11:39 AM

He's Spanish - suggest you consult Neg and Frimmers on Facebook who will explain to you why his drug use explains pretty much everything he does and how he does it. :rolleyes:

SWv2
04-03-2018, 01:03 PM
Bellerin’s dip in form ... is probably par for the course for a young exciting player after his initial arrival on the scene.

Peter
04-03-2018, 01:16 PM
Bellerin’s dip in form ... is probably par for the course for a young exciting player after his initial arrival on the scene.

And with a **** team crumbling around him.....

SWv2
04-03-2018, 01:43 PM
And with a **** team crumbling around him.....

There appeared to be a contra temps between Bellerin and our German number 10 yesterday.

Ozil should have chinned the fúcker. The state of him.

PSRB
04-03-2018, 01:51 PM
There appeared to be a contra temps between Bellerin and our German number 10 yesterday.

The lip reading of it was quite amusing. Ozil saying "you talk too much. Wait till we're inside" :hehe:

Good #bantz between them after on Twitter, clearly a storm in a teacup

Peter
04-03-2018, 01:52 PM

I didnt watch it but I am going to assume that Ozil was in the right.

Dennis was always right. If you werent where he put the ball it was your fault because that is where you should have been. Freddie Ljungberg learned that- go where Dennis thinks you should be, it is bound to be right.

Burney
04-03-2018, 01:55 PM

Dennis was always right. If you werent where he put the ball it was your fault because that is where you should have been. Freddie Ljungberg learned that- go where Dennis thinks you should be, it is bound to be right.

Yes, but in earlier times, people would have burned Dennis as a witch due to his powers of foresight.

Obviously, he wouldn't have been able to fly a broomstick, though. :-(

World's End Stella
04-03-2018, 02:39 PM

Yeah, the no pace, afraid of flying, Dutchie had an eye for a pass all right. :nod:

Peter
04-03-2018, 02:56 PM
Yeah, the no pace, afraid of flying, Dutchie had an eye for a pass all right. :nod:

I'm a little afraid of flying. Dennis is right, yet again....

PSRB
04-03-2018, 02:57 PM
I'm a little afraid of flying. Dennis is right, yet again....

Any sensible person should be, it's just not right.

SWv2
04-03-2018, 03:00 PM

I do hope you sent the BIL a quick text asking him if he had managed to find Leroy Sane yet?

Burney
04-03-2018, 03:06 PM

Not to be does display a remarkable lack of imagination to my mind.

World's End Stella
04-03-2018, 03:11 PM
Not to be does display a remarkable lack of imagination to my mind.

To my mind it displays a lack of logic and analytical ability.

The engineering science says it's safe, the statistics tell you that you are more likely to die crossing the road, hence to be more afraid of flying than crossing the road is illogical and suggests a non-analytical mind.

So someone that didn't study science or engineering in university, as an example. :-)

Burney
04-03-2018, 03:16 PM

The engineering science says it's safe, the statistics tell you that you are more likely to die crossing the road, hence to be more afraid of flying than crossing the road is illogical and suggests a non-analytical mind.

So someone that didn't study science or engineering in university, as an example. :-)

That you assume fear of flying is about the fear of dying I'm afraid typifies the lack of empathy and imagination that normal people associate with the spectrum-dwellers who study science and engineering.

It's a fear of flying.

Peter
04-03-2018, 03:27 PM

More likely to die crossing the road. Something everyone does twenty times a day versus something many people wont do twenty times in their lifetime. This is without factoring in that one is completely within your control and abilities and the other completely without.

Classic flawed statistic. It means precisely nothing. You are more likely to tread in dog **** than unicorn ****. You are more likely to get killed reading AWIMB than dangling over the edge of the grand canyon singing Reel Around the Fountain.

And if I am more scared of crossing the road than flying does this make both logical?

World's End Stella
04-03-2018, 03:33 PM
That you assume fear of flying is about the fear of dying I'm afraid typifies the lack of empathy and imagination that normal people associate with the spectrum-dwellers who study science and engineering.

It's a fear of flying.

Yes you're right. I don't get that at all. Why would I be afraid of something that statistics show is incredibly unlikely to hurt me in any way? It makes no sense. It is illogical.

World's End Stella
04-03-2018, 03:37 PM
More likely to die crossing the road. Something everyone does twenty times a day versus something many people wont do twenty times in their lifetime. This is without factoring in that one is completely within your control and abilities and the other completely without.

Classic flawed statistic. It means precisely nothing. You are more likely to tread in dog **** than unicorn ****. You are more likely to get killed reading AWIMB than dangling over the edge of the grand canyon singing Reel Around the Fountain.

And if I am more scared of crossing the road than flying does this make both logical?

No, being more scared of crossing the road is logical, how scared is open to debate and largely depends on how much of a big girl's blouse you are. :-)

What is illogical is being afraid of flying but not afraid of crossing the road. And it is not in any way a flawed statistic. It is simply logical. I have no fear of flying because I am logical and the choice is to spend my life terrified of a great many things or to not be afraid of something that is incredibly unlikely to ever harm me. I choose the latter because I am an intelligent, logical person.

Don't get me started on dentists, needles or snakes however. :-(

IUFG
04-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Yes you're right. I don't get that at all. Why would I be afraid of something that statistics show is incredibly unlikely to hurt me in any way? It makes no sense. It is illogical.

its the way you potentially die, innit. knowing that the descent you're on will last a minute and will 100% kill you, compared to getting unexpectedly flattened by a bus.

Shít logic, agreed, but there you go...

Peter
04-03-2018, 03:38 PM

Do you always insist that everyone's fears must be logical? Do you think you might be missing something about the nature of fear?

World's End Stella
04-03-2018, 03:40 PM
Do you always insist that everyone's fears must be logical? Do you think you might be missing something about the nature of fear?

Yes and no. What with me being a proper man and not a big girl's blouse and everything.

:-)

World's End Stella
04-03-2018, 03:41 PM
its the way you potentially die, innit. knowing that the descent you're on will last a minute and will 100% kill you, compared to getting unexpectedly flattened by a bus.

Shít logic, agreed, but there you go...

Yes but then it is related to dying. This I understand. Well; by 'understand' I mean I understand that you are illogical and a girly man. ;-)

PSRB
04-03-2018, 03:41 PM
I do hope you sent the BIL a quick text asking him if he had managed to find Leroy Sane yet?

Think others were considerably more at fault than he was. Not to say any of them covered themselves in any more glory, than say, we did against City....on any occasion.

Peter
04-03-2018, 03:45 PM
No, being more scared of crossing the road is logical, how scared is open to debate and largely depends on how much of a big girl's blouse you are. :-)

What is illogical is being afraid of flying but not afraid of crossing the road. And it is not in any way a flawed statistic. It is simply logical. I have no fear of flying because I am logical and the choice is to spend my life terrified of a great many things or to not be afraid of something that is incredibly unlikely to ever harm me. I choose the latter because I am an intelligent, logical person.

Don't get me started on dentists, needles or snakes however. :-(

The logical approach to crossing the road is to acknowledge the danger and take appropriate caution. It is clearly potentially dangerous but within your control. If you have an ounce of sense and take precautions there is pretty much no risk whatsoever. I do it every day and have never once even had a close shave. Being scared of something I can control doesn't sound very logical to me.

It bears no relation whatsoever to flying which is totally outof your control once you step on the plane. You cannot take any precautions and if anything goes wrong you are probably going to die in an awful way.

See.... you read a silly, totally flawed statistic and you are scared of crossing the road. So much for logic :)

PSRB
04-03-2018, 03:46 PM
Yes and no. What with me being a proper man and not a big girl's blouse and everything.

But you're afraid of needles :nurse: That's a very girly fear, imo

Peter
04-03-2018, 03:47 PM

A proper man who thinks it is perfectly rational to be scared to cross the road.

What a poofter! Get this 'proper man' a lollipop lady, immediately!

IUFG
04-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Yes but then it is related to dying. This I understand. Well; by 'understand' I mean I understand that you are illogical and a girly man. ;-)

thanks, WES. :vsign:

isn't all fear of flying actually fear of dying in a firey impact?

I'm not at all afraid of flying yet do not like heights.

Would you get me 30 feet up a wobbly ladder? fúck no. 30,000ft in an airplane*, no problem. Illogical, no?

Peter
04-03-2018, 03:49 PM

And snakes. In Britain you are more likely to get killed by a vending machine than a snakebite. Totally irrational fear.

World's End Stella
04-03-2018, 03:53 PM
The logical approach to crossing the road is to acknowledge the danger and take appropriate caution. It is clearly potentially dangerous but within your control. If you have an ounce of sense and take precautions there is pretty much no risk whatsoever. I do it every day and have never once even had a close shave. Being scared of something I can control doesn't sound very logical to me.

It bears no relation whatsoever to flying which is totally outof your control once you step on the plane. You cannot take any precautions and if anything goes wrong you are probably going to die in an awful way.

See.... you read a silly, totally flawed statistic and you are scared of crossing the road. So much for logic :)

Pretty much every word of that is incorrect, I'm afraid. Had you added Dennis Bergkamp being better than Teddy Sheringham you might won an award of some kind for incorrectness. :-)

I'm pretty sure that everyone killed crossing the road thought that they were completely in control, however being in control is a) a nebulous concept and b) inaccurate in this case. To see it this way is illogical. By removing yourself from the scenario and looking at it objectively and intelligently you should come to the conclusion that it is the statistical probability of being killed/harmed that is relevant.

And I would guess that dying crossing the road is considerably more likely to be unpleasant than dying in a plane crash. The latter is almost certainly a quick and painless process, although the lead up might make you sweat a bit, admittedly.

World's End Stella
04-03-2018, 03:54 PM

Ahem. I am not afraid of needles. Or snakes. Or dentists. I admit I find them all unpleasant on some level, that is all.

World's End Stella
04-03-2018, 03:55 PM
A proper man who thinks it is perfectly rational to be scared to cross the road.

What a poofter! Get this 'proper man' a lollipop lady, immediately!

Excuse me Peter but I insist you not misrepresent me. Now stop it!

World's End Stella
04-03-2018, 03:57 PM
thanks, WES. :vsign:

isn't all fear of flying actually fear of dying in a firey impact?

I'm not at all afraid of flying yet do not like heights.

Would you get me 30 feet up a wobbly ladder? fúck no. 30,000ft in an airplane*, no problem. Illogical, no?

Yes and no. The second bit is not illogical. You are much more likely to be hurt on the ladder so it makes perfect sense.

Still, pint of HTFU and all that.

SWv2
04-03-2018, 03:58 PM
Think others were considerably more at fault than he was. Not to say any of them covered themselves in any more glory, than say, we did against City....on any occasion.

I josh of course, but the one moment where LS received the ball which ultimately led to the second goal is arguably my stand out moment of the domestic season.

PSRB
04-03-2018, 04:05 PM
I josh of course, but the one moment where LS received the ball which ultimately led to the second goal is arguably my stand out moment of the domestic season.

I'd rather have Sane over KDB.

Peter
04-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Pretty much every word of that is incorrect, I'm afraid. Had you added Dennis Bergkamp being better than Teddy Sheringham you might won an award of some kind for incorrectness. :-)

I'm pretty sure that everyone killed crossing the road thought that they were completely in control, however being in control is a) a nebulous concept and b) inaccurate in this case. To see it this way is illogical. By removing yourself from the scenario and looking at it objectively and intelligently you should come to the conclusion that it is the statistical probability of being killed/harmed that is relevant.

And I would guess that dying crossing the road is considerably more likely to be unpleasant than dying in a plane crash. The latter is almost certainly a quick and painless process, although the lead up might make you sweat a bit, admittedly.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because statistically it was safer than flying across.

See, I can do funny :)