PDA

View Full Version : He's crying! Steve Smith is crying like a big fvcking girl!

Burney
03-29-2018, 08:55 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Cheating Aussie cvnt.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

PSRB
03-29-2018, 09:07 AM

Cheating Aussie cvnt.

How guilty must the bowlers be feeling, for essentially, letting him carry the can?

Peter
03-29-2018, 09:12 AM

Cheating Aussie cvnt.

I realised last night, they will be available again from April next year. Next summer starts with the World Cup in England, followed by the Ashes.

They will be here all summer :hehe:

Burney
03-29-2018, 09:12 AM
How guilty must the bowlers be feeling, for essentially, letting him carry the can?

He's the captain. He carries the can regardless. No point everyone going down with the ship. :shrug:

It's the blubbing that bothers me. He's now the second successive Australian captain to have blubbed in public. It's pathetic.

PSRB
03-29-2018, 09:14 AM
I realised last night, they will be available again from April next year. Next summer starts with the World Cup in England, followed by the Ashes.

Very much looking forward to the Old Trafford test, definitely getting tickets for that!

Peter
03-29-2018, 09:16 AM
He's the captain. He carries the can regardless. No point everyone going down with the ship. :shrug:

It's the blubbing that bothers me. He's now the second successive Australian captain to have blubbed in public. It's pathetic.

THere must be a temptation to try and blame the whole thing on the ****test player. If you have to lose Smith you could try and save Warner. THey are pretty ****ed withoutbothof them.

And now their bowlers are going to have to try and bowl without a tampered ball.

Burney
03-29-2018, 09:17 AM

I very much look forward to Warner getting dog's abuse about cheating and his wife having sex in a toilet with Sonny Bill Williams

Burney
03-29-2018, 09:20 AM
THere must be a temptation to try and blame the whole thing on the ****test player. If you have to lose Smith you could try and save Warner. THey are pretty ****ed withoutbothof them.

And now their bowlers are going to have to try and bowl without a tampered ball.

There's no saving Warner. What has become crystal clear is that Warner is the most hated man in world cricket. Everyone who has played with or against him seems to be delighted to see him getting a richly-deserved and long-overdue kicking.

Sir C
03-29-2018, 09:21 AM

Cheating Aussie cvnt.

Perhaps he's upset?

PSRB
03-29-2018, 09:30 AM
There's no saving Warner. What has become crystal clear is that Warner is the most hated man in world cricket. Everyone who has played with or against him seems to be delighted to see him getting a richly-deserved and long-overdue kicking.

:hehe: yes that's become very apparent. If, as we all suspect, there were others involved, I do wonder how long Warner will keep his mouth shut for

Burney
03-29-2018, 09:30 AM
Perhaps he's upset?

So? SO? Being 'upset' is not an excuse for crying. This is an Australian cricket captain. These are people traditionally famed for stoicism, toughness and a near-psychopathic lack of emotion. You can't go around crying just because you cheated and got fvcking caught.

Honestly! The world's going to hell in a handcart.

Burney
03-29-2018, 09:31 AM
:hehe: yes that's become very apparent. If, as we all suspect, there were others involved, I do wonder how long Warner will keep his mouth shut for

That would be the ultimate betrayal of the 'mates culture' and make him a complete pariah in Australian cricket. He won't do that.

Sir C
03-29-2018, 09:33 AM
So? SO? Being 'upset' is not an excuse for crying. This is an Australian cricket captain. These are people traditionally famed for stoicism, toughness and a near-psychopathic lack of emotion. You can't go around crying just because you cheated and got fvcking caught.

Honestly! The world's going to hell in a handcart.

You realise that there are very real mental health issues attached to these traditionally male characteristics, don't you? Men are literally killing themselves every day because you refuse to acknowledge their right to cry.

Bully.

PSRB
03-29-2018, 09:34 AM
That would be the ultimate betrayal of the 'mates culture' and make him a complete pariah in Australian cricket. He won't do that.

Not sure he really cares

PSRB
03-29-2018, 09:36 AM
You realise that there are very real mental health issues attached to these traditionally male characteristics, don't you? Men are literally killing themselves every day because you refuse to acknowledge their right to cry.

Bully.

I just chuckled at my Sky News headline that just popped up on my phone "Cheating ex-cricket captain cries as he faces media"

Sir C
03-29-2018, 09:38 AM
I just chuckled at my Sky News headline that just popped up on my phone "Cheating ex-cricket captain cries as he faces media"

Will you laugh in the faces of his little kiddies as they stand, bewildered, at his graveside, p?

Burney
03-29-2018, 09:40 AM

Bully.

If I were an Australian (which God forbid, obviously) I would much rather the captain of my cricket team committed suicide at a press conference after he was caught cheating than started weeping like a fvcking nancy boy. It would show proper contrition.

Burney
03-29-2018, 09:42 AM
Will you laugh in the faces of his little kiddies as they stand, bewildered, at his graveside, p?

He doesn't have any kiddies. But if he did and were half as ugly as him I would definitely laugh at them, yes.

Sir C
03-29-2018, 09:44 AM
He doesn't have any kiddies. But if he did and were half as ugly as him I would definitely laugh at them, yes.

Calm down, old chap. This whole stickball thing has unbalanced your humours.

SWv2
03-29-2018, 09:45 AM

Have you tried to claim yet that they simply must have cheated to win the Ashes?

PSRB
03-29-2018, 09:45 AM

He better hope they get his wife's looks #fit

PSRB
03-29-2018, 09:46 AM
Have you tried to claim yet that they simply must have cheated to win the Ashes?

Will be interesting to see how the bowlers do now.

That being said, we were awful and would still have lost

redgunamo
03-29-2018, 09:48 AM

Bully.

No, "mental health issues" are all about lashing out at others for the consequences of behaviour or actions you yourself are responsible for.

Affording them credence is the real reason why, if true, the world is going to hell in a handcart.

Burney
03-29-2018, 09:48 AM
Calm down, old chap. This whole stickball thing has unbalanced your humours.

You don't get it, man. These are Australian cricketers, for God's sake! And they're being humiliated. It's one of the best things to happen in cricket ever.

Burney
03-29-2018, 09:50 AM

Oh, they did cheat. Warner basically boasted about it after the series to the English players.

It made no significant difference to us losing, though.

redgunamo
03-29-2018, 09:51 AM

Doesn't matter. They've been caught cheating; they are cheats and losing to such people doesn't really count.

Tony C
03-29-2018, 09:51 AM
Firstly - Looooooooooooooooooooooooool

Secondly and more importantly - He needs to be put on Suicide watch immediately.

Sir C
03-29-2018, 09:53 AM
You don't get it, man. These are Australian cricketers, for God's sake! And they're being humiliated. It's one of the best things to happen in cricket ever.

Definitely an excess of yellow bile. You need to get balanced lest you suffer derangements of the liver!

I prescribe a bolus. You shall be dosed, dear sir. Lord, how you shall be dosed!

Tony C
03-29-2018, 09:54 AM
Warner seems to have taken his like a champ imo but then again I’d expect no less from a savage like him.

Tony C
03-29-2018, 09:58 AM
Would’ve had plenty of respect for Smith if he pulled a 180 with -

My motto is win at a costs and i apologise for fkin nothing (followed by a mike drop and exit)

—-

Not sure how he can captain or be any sort of team leader after a blubbering spectacle like that imo.

Damaged goods imo. Career over.

Burney
03-29-2018, 09:59 AM
Warner seems to have taken his like a champ imo but then again I’d expect no less from a savage like him.

Yes. There's definitely some sort of hormonal imbalance there, isn't there? He hasn't really evolved properly.

World's End Stella
03-29-2018, 10:05 AM

Did Geoff Boycott not blub a bit when admitting that he beat his wife?

Could have sworn he did.

SWv2
Doesn't matter. They've been caught cheating; they are cheats and losing to such people doesn't really count.

Cheating is rife in professional sport. Sure look at our own little Danny Welbeck a few weeks back v Milan.

Not sure why such a big deal is being made of this, the Australian PM wading in, press conferences, players crying.

Peter
Oh, they did cheat. Warner basically boasted about it after the series to the English players.

Which just makes them even bigger ****s. Imagine, cheating when you were winning easily anyway. What sort of **** would do that?

Its unthinkable.....

Burney
03-29-2018, 10:06 AM
Would’ve had plenty of respect for Smith if he pulled a 180 with -

My motto is win at a costs and i apologise for fkin nothing (followed by a mike drop and exit)

—-

Not sure how he can captain or be any sort of team leader after a blubbering spectacle like that imo.

Damaged goods imo. Career over.

Exactly. Steve Waugh would have just squinted menacingly at everyone, muttered something unintelligible out of the side of his mouth and fvcked off.

redgunamo
03-29-2018, 10:14 AM
Cheating is rife in professional sport. Sure look at our own little Danny Welbeck a few weeks back v Milan.

Not sure why such a big deal is being made of this, the Australian PM wading in, press conferences, players crying.

Sure, but cricket is actually important to us in a way that not even football is. It's different.

Burney
03-29-2018, 10:17 AM
Sure, but cricket is actually important to us in a way that not even football is. It's different.

:nod: Cheating is basically an intrinsic part of football. That's not the case with cricket, where it's an aberration.

SWv2
03-29-2018, 10:19 AM

Because you are sore losers who had your proverbial arses handed to you on a plate just a short while ago by a rampant Australian side and now you can clutch at a sporting straw as such that said humiliation at the hands of the Australian side must in some way (surely had to be) as a result of flagrant cheating because they are and this proves it a nation of cheaters?

Pokster
03-29-2018, 10:20 AM
Did Geoff Boycott not blub a bit when admitting that he beat his wife?

Could have sworn he did.

Lights blue touch paper and stands well back....... careful, might have to squash another plastic beaker on your head

World's End Stella
03-29-2018, 10:22 AM
:nod: Cheating is basically an intrinsic part of football. That's not the case with cricket, where it's an aberration.

Other than ball tampering, you mean? :rubchin:

Burney
03-29-2018, 10:22 AM
Because you are sore losers who had your proverbial arses handed to you on a plate just a short while ago by a rampant Australian side and now you can clutch at a sporting straw as such that said humiliation at the hands of the Australian side must in some way (surely had to be) as a result of flagrant cheating because they are and this proves it a nation of cheaters?

Oh, no. This is quite wrong. I would be enjoying this just as much if we'd won 4-0 - simply because it's Australia. The rest of the world is enjoying it just as much as we are - because it's Australia and they're horrible, horrible cvnts. The South Africans are beating them at the moment and they're enjoying it just as much as we are, so this is nothing to do with being sore losers.

And, as you can see, nobody has claimed that the Australians' cheating made any significant difference to the outcome.

Tony C
03-29-2018, 10:23 AM
One thing I’ll add is that to be fair it isn’t the worst crime in the world and not even the worst in cricket...ol Hansie Cronje was incredibly worse.

Only mention this given the global media attention and the way it has affected people.

But then again...loooooool I still can’t believe this happened.

I remember watching the Big Bash on an Indian Satellite channel only to see advert after advert hyping up India’s tour of South Africa...it was absolutely mammoth for them but they got their arses handed to them and took it in the chin....I’ve go no idea why the Aussies couldn’t do the same. Take your beating like a man imo

Burney
03-29-2018, 10:24 AM
Lights blue touch paper and stands well back....... careful, might have to squash another plastic beaker on your head

Nah. It's waaaay too obvious. If WES were to go fishing, I can only assume he would buy a giant, fluorescent float with 'THIS IS BAIT' written on it in 3-inch high letters.

World's End Stella
03-29-2018, 10:26 AM
Nah. It's waaaay too obvious. If WES were to go fishing, I can only assume he would buy a giant, fluorescent float with 'THIS IS BAIT' written on it in 3-inch high letters.

In addition to his violence towards women, I recently read this with great interest as well:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/mar/06/the-spin-cricket-geoff-boycott-england-new-zealand-test-1978

Burney
03-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Other than ball tampering, you mean? :rubchin:

The difference is that ball tampering - if discovered - results in serious punishment. The cheating that takes place in football (fouling, timewasting, diving, handball, etc, etc) is simply an intrinsic part of the game. That difference means the two things cannot be meaningfully compared.

Burney
03-29-2018, 10:29 AM
In addition to his violence towards women, I recently read this with great interest as well:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/mar/06/the-spin-cricket-geoff-boycott-england-new-zealand-test-1978

I don't really understand why you think your opinion on a batsman you never saw play in a sport you don't understand on even the most basic level would matter to me. :shrug:

redgunamo
03-29-2018, 10:30 AM

No, it's not about results. After all, England "win" whenever somebody somewhere kicks a football or picks up a bat.

Don't listen to all these lefties; the real victory lies in the playing of the game, as a game. That's the most important thing and the Australians have got caught not doing that.

World's End Stella
03-29-2018, 10:31 AM
I don't really understand why you think your opinion on a batsman you never saw play in a sport you don't understand on even the most basic level would matter to me. :shrug:

It's not my opinion, it's Simon Burnton's. :shrug:

World's End Stella
03-29-2018, 10:32 AM
The difference is that ball tampering - if discovered - results in serious punishment. The cheating that takes place in football (fouling, timewasting, diving, handball, etc, etc) is simply an intrinsic part of the game. That difference means the two things cannot be meaningfully compared.

Nonsense, you said cheating was an aberration and it clearly isn't.

How cheating is dealt with is a different issue entirely.

SWv2
03-29-2018, 10:32 AM

Rubbing or shining the ball against your man parts is obviously not deemed as tampering then, even though I presume it is done to affect the bounce or whatever?

redgunamo
03-29-2018, 10:37 AM

Right. The mere suggestion of harsh punishment for "cheats" in football is always met with "Yes, but if you banned all the players that cheated, there'd be hardly any players left."

Which is completely the wrong way about, of course; you'd actually be left with only players who didn't cheat :shrug:

Burney
03-29-2018, 10:37 AM
Rubbing or shining the ball against your man parts is obviously not deemed as tampering then, even though I presume it is done to affect the bounce or whatever?

It's perfectly legal to shine the ball, rub sweat or saliva into it. You are not allowed to use foreign objects to tamper with it.

And it's done to affect swing. If one side of the ball is rough and the other smooth, the resistance through the air will be different on one side to the other and it will swing accordingly. That is conventional swing. Reverse swing is achieved with an older ball and is a much darker art.

Burney
03-29-2018, 10:40 AM
Right. The mere suggestion of harsh punishment for "cheats" in football is always met with "Yes, but if you banned all the players that cheated, there'd be hardly any players left."

Which is completely the wrong way about, of course; you'd actually be left with only players who didn't cheat :shrug:

:nod: In fact, it's precisely that argument that normalises and encourages cheating. If you introduced straight red cards for diving, timewasting or swearing to the referee, those things would cease almost immediately because the risks would suddenly outweigh the potential rewards of cheating. The fact that such punishments are not introduced are proof that the football authorities simply have no interest in stopping these things.

Burney
03-29-2018, 10:41 AM
It's not my opinion, it's Simon Burnton's. :shrug:

Simon Burnton is younger than me and certainly never saw Boycott bat either.

I care nothing for his opinion.

Burney
03-29-2018, 10:42 AM
Nonsense, you said cheating was an aberration and it clearly isn't.

How cheating is dealt with is a different issue entirely.

How it is dealt with pretty much defines whether or not it's an aberration. :rolleyes:

World's End Stella
03-29-2018, 10:45 AM
Simon Burnton is younger than me and certainly never saw Boycott bat either.

I care nothing for his opinion.

Your view isn't relevant, what is relevant is that a cricket writer for a major UK newspaper wrote that article. And that there is no shortage of support for his views on Boycott. That is relevant.

And we haven't even got to his refusal to play for his country.

World's End Stella
03-29-2018, 10:48 AM
How it is dealt with pretty much defines whether or not it's an aberration. :rolleyes:

More nonsense. Ball tampering has been going on since the year dot (Michael Atherton) and continues to go on, largely because of how difficult it is to catch the perpetrators. Hence cheating is commonplace in cricket and how it is dealt with becomes largely irrelevant.

Wow, you seem to have been wrong on pretty much everything so far, Burney. Hard night?

Tony C
03-29-2018, 10:55 AM
Best one everyone seems to frown upon is deliberately throwing the ball back into the rough patches.

They give it the old - we know what you’re doing and it’s unsporting!

But really there’s f all else they can say or do about it

Peter
03-29-2018, 11:31 AM
More nonsense. Ball tampering has been going on since the year dot (Michael Atherton) and continues to go on, largely because of how difficult it is to catch the perpetrators. Hence cheating is commonplace in cricket and how it is dealt with becomes largely irrelevant.

Wow, you seem to have been wrong on pretty much everything so far, Burney. Hard night?

Ball tampering is not one, flat thing. As others have explained, all teams 'tamper' with the ball to some extent- shining, saliva etc. This is legal and established practice across cricket. THe deliberate and premeditated use of a 'foreign object', in this case sandpaper (not tape), to alter the condition of the ball and achieve reverse swing is not commonplace and is very much cheating. It isnt difficult to spot either, given the amount of cameras around the ground at a test match.

This doesnt compare to forms of cheating like diving, shirt pulling, fouls etc. THoseforms of'cheating' do exist in cricket- bowlers deliberately running on the pitch, bowlingwide on the crease, excessive appealing, bowling constant bouncers at tailenders, moving a fielder slightly once the bowler has commenced his run up, talking during the run up to disrupt the batsman. These are effectively forms of bending the rules but are left to the umpires to manage.

THere isnt really an equivalent to ball tampering in football. Maybe if a goalkeeper used a specific resin on his gloves to make the ball stick better....?

THis level of ball tampering can dramatically alter the way the ball behaves and have a significant effect on the game.

Peter
03-29-2018, 11:38 AM

THat article is puzzlingly stupid. It seems to be criticising Boycott for taking too long to score a lot of runs in a low team total. Thoroughly absurd, particularly as Englandcollapsed in the second innings when he got out early.

If I were Boycott I would be immensely proud of that innings, and I am sure he is.

Pokster
03-29-2018, 12:04 PM
Ball tampering is not one, flat thing. As others have explained, all teams 'tamper' with the ball to some extent- shining, saliva etc. This is legal and established practice across cricket. THe deliberate and premeditated use of a 'foreign object', in this case sandpaper (not tape), to alter the condition of the ball and achieve reverse swing is not commonplace and is very much cheating. It isnt difficult to spot either, given the amount of cameras around the ground at a test match.

This doesnt compare to forms of cheating like diving, shirt pulling, fouls etc. THoseforms of'cheating' do exist in cricket- bowlers deliberately running on the pitch, bowlingwide on the crease, excessive appealing, bowling constant bouncers at tailenders, moving a fielder slightly once the bowler has commenced his run up, talking during the run up to disrupt the batsman. These are effectively forms of bending the rules but are left to the umpires to manage.

THere isnt really an equivalent to ball tampering in football. Maybe if a goalkeeper used a specific resin on his gloves to make the ball stick better....?

THis level of ball tampering can dramatically alter the way the ball behaves and have a significant effect on the game.

Goalkeepers do use a sort of resin on their gloves

World's End Stella
03-29-2018, 12:25 PM

Picking the seam? Using mints? Rubbing it against your zipper? All commonplace, all cheating, all lightly punished if at all.

If it was taken as seriously as Burney suggests it wouldn't be a level 2 offence. And it's just as much cheating as diving is in football.

IUFG
03-29-2018, 12:30 PM
Goalkeepers do use a sort of resin on their gloves

Do they? I thought the high end gloves were good enough.

And,there is grippy fabric sections on the goalkeeper shirt these days..

PSRB
03-29-2018, 12:30 PM
Picking the seam? Using mints? Rubbing it against your zipper? All commonplace, all cheating, all lightly punished if at all.

If it was taken as seriously as Burney suggests it wouldn't be a level 2 offence. And it's just as much cheating as diving is in football.

Sandpaper is a step up though. Plus it was the bull**** denial they tried to pull that's really caused the outrage to be quite so high

Pokster
03-29-2018, 12:40 PM

Well you can buy a specialised resin to put on GK gloves

Peter
03-29-2018, 01:01 PM

It isnt comparable to diving. THe best comparison in cricket is probably claiming a catch that you know hit the floor. You are comparing one individual act in a game of football to a pre-meditated plan to alter the course of a game of cricket by making every delivery behave differently.

I think we have been over why this form of ball tampering is worse than others.

IUFG
03-29-2018, 01:05 PM
Well you can buy a specialised resin to put on GK gloves

if you have to put something else on these to make them work betterer, then it's a farking disgrace

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/products/Reusch-Prisma-Supreme-G3-Fusion-OrthoTec-Mens-GK-Gloves-3870991296-Orange-Blue-Orange-172340.aspx

SWv2
03-29-2018, 01:14 PM

#technical

Tony C
03-29-2018, 01:50 PM
In other news...Lehmann quits after seeing his captain cry like a girl : o

Burney
03-29-2018, 02:03 PM
In other news...Lehmann quits after seeing his captain cry like a girl : o

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

I can't decide which of these is my favourite

900 901

Burney
03-29-2018, 02:07 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

900 901

Fvcking hell! Lehmann's cried as well! Is there an actual man left in Australia?

Sir C
03-29-2018, 02:09 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

900 901

Jesus Christ, I saw footage of one of those mongs weeping. You didn't say they were bawling like retarded children, for fúck's sake! I was thinking of the mildly wobbly lip and the discreet wipe of the eye, not some gay tearfest!

Fúck 'em, I hope they die.

Peter
03-29-2018, 02:13 PM
Fvcking hell! Lehmann's cried as well! Is there an actual man left in Australia?

THe remorse is just too much. You weren't crying as you cheated the sport, you started crying once you got caught and banned from it.

Cheating aussie *******s :hehe::hehe:

The Insider
03-29-2018, 02:13 PM
Your view isn't relevant, what is relevant is that a cricket writer for a major UK newspaper wrote that article. And that there is no shortage of support for his views on Boycott. That is relevant.

And we haven't even got to his refusal to play for his country.

It was in the Guardian, not a major UK newspaper. Not then, not now, not ever.

Burney
03-29-2018, 02:17 PM
Jesus Christ, I saw footage of one of those mongs weeping. You didn't say they were bawling like retarded children, for fúck's sake! I was thinking of the mildly wobbly lip and the discreet wipe of the eye, not some gay tearfest!

Fúck 'em, I hope they die.

Good to see you aren't entirely lost to emotional incontinence, old chap.

This is Keith Miller. He was a great Aussie cricketer. He also flew Mosquitos in combat and knobbed Princess Margaret.

What he didn't do was fvcking cry. Ever. I doubt he even knew he had tear ducts.

PSRB
03-29-2018, 02:21 PM

This is Keith Miller. He was a great Aussie cricketer. He also flew Mosquitos in combat and knobbed Princess Margaret.

What he didn't do was fvcking cry. Ever. I doubt he even knew he had tear ducts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z023prwCkgs The Aussie male was always thus......until now

Peter
03-29-2018, 02:32 PM

Merv Hughes wouldnt have cried.

Burney
03-29-2018, 02:38 PM
Merv Hughes wouldnt have cried.

Allan Border! Allan Border once insisted Dean Jones carry on batting even though he was severely dehydrated, hallucinating and literally puking and p1ssing himself. Can you imagine Allan Border crying?

Peter
03-29-2018, 02:51 PM
Allan Border! Allan Border once insisted Dean Jones carry on batting even though he was severely dehydrated, hallucinating and literally puking and p1ssing himself. Can you imagine Allan Border crying?

Its beyond a joke. Smith looks like his family has just been killed.

He cheated at cricket and got caught.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-29-2018, 04:12 PM

I missed that. Fill me in.

redgunamo
03-29-2018, 04:41 PM
Its beyond a joke. Smith looks like his family has just been killed.

He cheated at cricket and got caught.

Oh, but that's a different matter entirely. This has apparently brought back dark memories of being summoned before the beak as a schoolboy, having been caught smoking behind the chapel.