PDA

View Full Version : 1-year bans for Warner and Smith. 9 months for Bancroft.

Burney
03-28-2018, 08:26 AM
About what would have been predicted. Still seems extraordinary to me that Lehmann's been allowed to get away with it, though.

A lot of people seem to think there's no way back for Warner, though. Which would be good. Horrible little cvnt.

Peter
03-28-2018, 08:33 AM
About what would have been predicted. Still seems extraordinary to me that Lehmann's been allowed to get away with it, though.

A lot of people seem to think there's no way back for Warner, though. Which would be good. Horrible little cvnt.

So they will make their comeback in the Ashes? Could be interesting :)

PSRB
03-28-2018, 08:39 AM

Lets also be honest here, no way they tamper with the ball without the bowler's knowledge. It's all done for their benefit, so they must be in the loop to know what's happening.

PSRB
03-28-2018, 08:41 AM
So they will make their comeback in the Ashes? Could be interesting :)

Oh and I've just seen that the 3 most hostile grounds are on the schedule (Headingley, OT and Edgbaston) :-)

Burney
03-28-2018, 09:24 AM
Lets also be honest here, no way they tamper with the ball without the bowler's knowledge. It's all done for their benefit, so they must be in the loop to know what's happening.

Yes. The faux outrage of the bowling team at being implicated is pretty sickening. They are literally holding the fvcking thing in their hand and have to examine it closely in order to know which way to hold it. The idea they wouldn't see the changes in it is laughable.

PSRB
03-28-2018, 09:35 AM
Yes. The faux outrage of the bowling team at being implicated is pretty sickening. They are literally holding the fvcking thing in their hand and have to examine it closely in order to know which way to hold it. The idea they wouldn't see the changes in it is laughable.

I will definitely get tickets for the Old Trafford test, that'll be a lot of fun.

Peter
03-28-2018, 10:35 AM

Come on..... as if the bowlers werent in on it. How ****ing stupid do they think we are?

Tony C
03-28-2018, 10:45 AM
Banned from IPL too...that’s a massive hit to their bank accounts.

Fair play to the Indians. Warner has been a huge part of the IPL but they didn’t hesitate in booting him out.

Burney
03-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Come on..... as if the bowlers werent in on it. How ****ing stupid do they think we are?

As if Lehmann wasn't in on it, ffs! He was filmed picking up the walkie-talkie to the 12th man to tell Bancroft he'd been filmed and to ditch the evidence.

Anyone who thinks something like this can be limited to a couple of players on a pitch without everyone else knowing all about it has clearly never played any team sport.

Burney
03-28-2018, 10:47 AM
Banned from IPL too...that’s a massive hit to their bank accounts.

Fair play to the Indians. Warner has been a huge part of the IPL but they didn’t hesitate in booting him out.

To be fair, that's probably because they'd met the horrible little b@stard and couldn't wait for an excuse to do him a disservice.

Just Trent
03-28-2018, 10:57 AM

They will all be back in time for the Ashes though. Especially if Lehmann is still the coach. Lehmann has always come across as a dodgy sort imo. Just the sort of chap that would allow a nasty git like Warner to get away with all sorts. If Australia were really serious about sorting things out, they would've started again with a new coach like Ponting or Gillespie.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-28-2018, 12:08 PM
As if Lehmann wasn't in on it, ffs! He was filmed picking up the walkie-talkie to the 12th man to tell Bancroft he'd been filmed and to ditch the evidence.

Anyone who thinks something like this can be limited to a couple of players on a pitch without everyone else knowing all about it has clearly never played any team sport.

Exactly.....
"Oi, Chief, which side of the ball are you shining?"
"Duh....the shiny side obviously"

World's End Stella
03-28-2018, 12:29 PM
To be fair, that's probably because they'd met the horrible little b@stard and couldn't wait for an excuse to do him a disservice.

I'm guessing most Aussies would call him this:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bogan&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=V4q7WtiDGILN8gfj_ZnAAw

Peter
03-28-2018, 12:38 PM

True. But the bowlers HAVE to be aware of it. THere is no point in tampering with a ball unless the bowler knows you are doing it. THe tampering is specific to a stage of an innings and the spell of a bowler, usually a particular one or two.

PSRB
03-28-2018, 01:01 PM
True. But the bowlers HAVE to be aware of it. THere is no point in tampering with a ball unless the bowler knows you are doing it. THe tampering is specific to a stage of an innings and the spell of a bowler, usually a particular one or two.

Exactly. My original point

Burney
03-28-2018, 01:05 PM

Oh, of course. I wouldn't dispute it for a minute. In fact, work on the ball is usually done at the request of and to the specific requirements of a particular bowler.