PDA

View Full Version : We're a funny old lot, aren't we?

Sir C
03-26-2018, 09:27 AM
Jeremy Corbyn spends a whole career enthusiastically and openly hating the UK, and gets his name sung at Glastonbury.

Eventually it comes to light that he also hate jews, and everyone loses their shít.

Odd.

Peter
03-26-2018, 09:42 AM
Jeremy Corbyn spends a whole career enthusiastically and openly hating the UK, and gets his name sung at Glastonbury.

Eventually it comes to light that he also hate jews, and everyone loses their shít.

Odd.

At least he doesnt apologise for our culture....

SWv2
03-26-2018, 09:47 AM

Odd.

I would not pay too much attention to this (though I was before now totally unaware of this occurrence).

My experience of festivals is that one person does something and another 10 join in unaware of what person 1 is doing what he is. It is part of the weekend experience of entering a festival site and becoming a new person, shedding the old conservative person you may be and becoming a carefree almost hippie at heart festival goer. The sort of person you will see in late July or August still wearing their entrance wrist band as a badge of honour.

I once hung around a tent at said festival for about an hour, banged some drums and joined in with the general revelry. Why? Because I was to get some free food. It was not an endorsement in any way of whatever religion Hari Krishna is.

People may have cheered JC simply because he was not David Cameron, not because he was JC.

Apart from Peter. He actually likes him.

And Jorge.

Peter
03-26-2018, 09:52 AM
I would not pay too much attention to this (though I was before now totally unaware of this occurrence).

My experience of festivals is that one person does something and another 10 join in unaware of what person 1 is doing what he is. It is part of the weekend experience of entering a festival site and becoming a new person, shedding the old conservative person you may be and becoming a carefree almost hippie at heart festival goer. The sort of person you will see in late July or August still wearing their entrance wrist band as a badge of honour.

I once hung around a tent at said festival for about an hour, banged some drums and joined in with the general revelry. Why? Because I was to get some free food. It was not an endorsement in any way of whatever religion Hari Krishna is.

People may have cheered JC simply because he was not David Cameron, not because he was JC.

Apart from Peter. He actually likes him.

And Jorge.

I dont think it is grasping too far into assumption to suggest that the average Glastonbury crowd is not fully representative of the british electorate- and not exactly crawling with conservative voters.

and I dont like him, for the record.

SWv2
03-26-2018, 11:11 AM
I dont think it is grasping too far into assumption to suggest that the average Glastonbury crowd is not fully representative of the british electorate- and not exactly crawling with conservative voters.

and I dont like him, for the record.

My apologies. I thought he would be right up your street as such.

More a Blair man I take it.

Peter
03-26-2018, 11:15 AM
My apologies. I thought he would be right up your street as such.

More a Blair man I take it.

Yes, I think that is a fairly accurate description. Not one that many people would admit to but there you go :)