PDA

View Full Version : Am I to understand then that we, the developed world if you will, have decided to

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-22-2018, 01:18 PM
just plough ahead with driverless cars and allow them to course around at speed controlled by nothing more than software written by an old junkie like me?

I mean that car, being monitored by some kind of trailer dwelling burger fiend, was going at a fair old lick! I thought these cars were to be benign little electric jobbies that would pootle around city centres at no more than about 15mph.

Sir C
03-22-2018, 01:28 PM
just plough ahead with driverless cars and allow them to course around at speed controlled by nothing more than software written by an old junkie like me?

I mean that car, being monitored by some kind of trailer dwelling burger fiend, was going at a fair old lick! I thought these cars were to be benign little electric jobbies that would pootle around city centres at no more than about 15mph.

No good will come of it, you mark my words. For a start, you'll have a generation who will grow up with no need to learn to drive. Now these people are already a bit fúcked up, not knowing if they're male or female, and they're about to be denied God's finest gift, the ability to control a motor vehicle? What sort of sub-humans will they be?

SWv2
03-22-2018, 01:34 PM
No good will come of it, you mark my words. For a start, you'll have a generation who will grow up with no need to learn to drive. Now these people are already a bit fúcked up, not knowing if they're male or female, and they're about to be denied God's finest gift, the ability to control a motor vehicle? What sort of sub-humans will they be?

Do you own a pair of driving gloves?

Sir C
03-22-2018, 01:35 PM
Do you own a pair of driving gloves?

Not for road driving, no. For track driving, yes, as gloves are, very sensibly, mandatory.

Why do you ask?

SWv2
03-22-2018, 01:38 PM
Not for road driving, no. For track driving, yes, as gloves are, very sensibly, mandatory.

Why do you ask?

Merely as it is the type of possession I associate with the car enthusiast.

I don't mean it in any way as a slight on you.

Well that is not entirely true as clearly the person that wears driving gloves is without doubt a person whose personal details are on various registers and not just one used for voting purposes.

Sir C
03-22-2018, 01:41 PM
Merely as it is the type of possession I associate with the car enthusiast.

I don't mean it in any way as a slight on you.

Well that is not entirely true as clearly the person that wears driving gloves is without doubt a person whose personal details are on various registers and not just one used for voting purposes.

"Judge not lest ye be judged" is my motto, sw. I see chaps hanging around airfields with binoculours and notebooks; I do not decry their hobby or suggest that they are sexual offendors. I repsect their choice of pastime.

Perhaps a life dedicated to alcoholism and casual wife-beating has embittered you?

No offence.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-22-2018, 01:48 PM
"Judge not lest ye be judged" is my motto, sw. I see chaps hanging around airfields with binoculours and notebooks; I do not decry their hobby or suggest that they are sexual offendors. I repsect their choice of pastime.

Perhaps a life dedicated to alcoholism and casual wife-beating has embittered you?

No offence.

. . . . . . .

SWv2
03-22-2018, 02:00 PM

No offence.

But you do accept that they are sexual offenders, very likely repeat ones?

Sir C
03-22-2018, 02:03 PM
But you do accept that they are sexual offenders, very likely repeat ones?

Lord yes, of course they are. With the anoraks and the beards and so on? Clearly, habitual fiddlers.

SWv2
03-22-2018, 02:06 PM
Lord yes, of course they are. With the anoraks and the beards and so on? Clearly, habitual fiddlers.

Fúck all wrong with anoraks all the same.

Anorak, cagoule, whatever you want to call it. Surely a fashion essential for people living in the islands of Ireland and Britain.

Just Trent
03-22-2018, 02:06 PM

Indeed. They appear to have just strapped a few electronic sensors to a great big SUV, and let it loose. Not exactly Knight Rider imo.

Burney
03-22-2018, 02:20 PM

Anorak, cagoule, whatever you want to call it. Surely a fashion essential for people living in the islands of Ireland and Britain.

I think you'll find it easier just to call them 'The British Isles', sw. No need to thank me. :thumbup:

:walksawaywhistling:

IUFG
03-22-2018, 02:20 PM

Nobody needs a 'coat' that you have to pull over your head, sw

SWv2
03-22-2018, 02:23 PM
I think you'll find it easier just to call them 'The British Isles', sw. No need to thank me. :thumbup:

:walksawaywhistling:

I refuse to recognise this definition.

Ireland is not British.

SWv2
03-22-2018, 02:24 PM

You are talking about a smock, handy for Autumn and early Winter but a devil to get off as you arrive in the pub for example.

It is very difficult for any man to carry this action off with aplomb.

Burney
03-22-2018, 02:26 PM

Look, if people don't know any better than to wander out in front of fast-moving vehicles, then they are best removed from the gene pool imo. Doubly so if they are cyclists.

Personally, I am hugely in favour of these vehicles, since they will facilitate heavy drinking. Neck a faceful of ale, stumble into one's car and hey-ho, Johnny-robot takes you home as opposed to Johnny-illegal-immigrant or Johnny-Keen-Racist-From-Enfield. Marvellous.

Equally, awake at 6 the next morning still legless, but realising you have to get to Birmingham for a meeting. No problem. Stumble into the car half-dressed and, by the time you get there, you'll have had a kip, made yourself respectable and be ready to face whatever ghastly Midlander you have to convince to give you money.

I'm very much a fan.

Pokster
03-22-2018, 02:28 PM

I thought b was Irish, so why he wants to wind you up for being irish I can't fathom..... perhaps he flips and changes like the glove wearing wrong 'un sc

Burney
03-22-2018, 02:28 PM
I refuse to recognise this definition.

Ireland is not British.

Quite a large part of it is. And you talk the language - sort of. And you watch and listen to the BBC without paying for it.

Face it. You're British.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-22-2018, 02:31 PM

How can we possibly be the "developed" world when we spend all day sticking pictures on social media?

Sir C
03-22-2018, 02:39 PM

You filthy fúcker.

SWv2
03-22-2018, 02:42 PM
You filthy fúcker.

I expect you wear a fancy, expensive North Face or whatever when you pervert off around the hills of Cumbria.

:shrug:

Sir C
03-22-2018, 02:44 PM
I expect you wear a fancy, expensive North Face or whatever when you pervert off around the hills of Cumbria.

:shrug:

Fjallraven, sw. Proper Swedish gear. Natural fibres, none of your modern man-made muck. I piss in the eye of Gore-Tex as I trudge up mountains in tweed and leather, like a Victorian gentleman explorer.

Join me living The Good Life, sw, as God intended us to live.

Sir C
03-22-2018, 02:46 PM
Look, if people don't know any better than to wander out in front of fast-moving vehicles, then they are best removed from the gene pool imo. Doubly so if they are cyclists.

Personally, I am hugely in favour of these vehicles, since they will facilitate heavy drinking. Neck a faceful of ale, stumble into one's car and hey-ho, Johnny-robot takes you home as opposed to Johnny-illegal-immigrant or Johnny-Keen-Racist-From-Enfield. Marvellous.

Equally, awake at 6 the next morning still legless, but realising you have to get to Birmingham for a meeting. No problem. Stumble into the car half-dressed and, by the time you get there, you'll have had a kip, made yourself respectable and be ready to face whatever ghastly Midlander you have to convince to give you money.

I'm very much a fan.

If the thing came with a bed and a shower, I might be prepared to countenance it for long journeys. Otherwise it's an emasculation, pure and simple.

SWv2
03-22-2018, 02:49 PM
Fjallraven, sw. Proper Swedish gear. Natural fibres, none of your modern man-made muck. I piss in the eye of Gore-Tex as I trudge up mountains in tweed and leather, like a Victorian gentleman explorer.

Join me living The Good Life, sw, as God intended us to live.

Ah yes, I own a Fjall cap for the winter months.

Sir C
03-22-2018, 02:50 PM

That's... that's a mong hat, sw :-(

Burney
03-22-2018, 02:56 PM

That, my friend, is the hat of a dangerous sex criminal. :hehe:

Rich
03-22-2018, 02:56 PM

Cagoule is a queer word, isn’t it? Do we know where it originates? For some reason it strikes me as a Welsh term, but that might just be because it would be funny in a Welsh accent.

I must confess that I smirked at the thought of a paddy like you attempting to say it.

Sir C
03-22-2018, 02:57 PM
Cagoule is a queer word, isn’t it? Do we know where it originates? For some reason it strikes me as a Welsh term, but that might just be because it would be funny in a Welsh accent.

I must confess that I smirked at the thought of a paddy like you attempting to say it.

There's no need for racism, you pseudo-African belch.

SWv2
03-22-2018, 02:58 PM
That, my friend, is the hat of a dangerous sex criminal. :hehe:

Where I come from it is the hat of the suave, urbane, dressed down professional commuter.

Naturally if the rain is pelting down I wear an actual jacket with a hood such as Patagonia.

SWv2
03-22-2018, 03:00 PM

Watch your mouth bell end.

Burney
03-22-2018, 03:01 PM
Where I come from it is the hat of the suave, urbane, dressed down professional commuter.

Naturally if the rain is pelting down I wear an actual jacket with a hood such as Patagonia.

It's the hat of a man who masturbates while watching TV programmes about serial killers, sw.

Fvck it in the bin forthwith.