PDA

View Full Version : Anything that causes discomfort for that soulless ghoul Zuckerberg has to be

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-22-2018, 09:28 AM
good. The man has no facial features for God's sake! Or is that just because he's still quite young?

Pokster
03-22-2018, 09:29 AM
good. The man has no facial features for God's sake! Or is that just because he's still quite young?

Everyone seems young to me these days.. even the old goat Sir C seems like a teenage brat to me

Burney
03-22-2018, 09:33 AM

People are so fvcking stupid it hurts. Facebook is a data mining exercise masquerading as a social media platform. This is not news.

Rule of thumb: If it's free, then you are the product.

Sir C
03-22-2018, 09:44 AM

I sat through that dull film on a long haul flight.

It made the flight seem much, much longer.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-22-2018, 09:46 AM
People are so fvcking stupid it hurts. Facebook is a data mining exercise masquerading as a social media platform. This is not news.

What Facebook are accused of is illegal though b. I thought you were rule of law sort of chappie?

SWv2
03-22-2018, 09:49 AM

My admittedly limited knowledge of this SCANDAL!!! is based on the fact that the mined data was then used for political manipulation (which of course is then magnified further as it involves Trump’s election).

The same fúcking gob****es who are now violated have probably used this social media platform for years and on a daily basis been presented with potential new friends, or groups they may wish to join, or banner messages down the side of the screen which was caused no violation.

Wánkers to a man and just to avoid getting in trouble to a woman also.

SWv2
03-22-2018, 09:52 AM
What Facebook are accused of is illegal though b. I thought you were rule of law sort of chappie?

What have they done that is illegal?

The sharing of personal data which is probably embedded somewhere in the hundreds and hundreds of lines of their Terms and Conditions of use.

There may well be potential issues regarding where the data has been shared to if outside the EU or larger EEA area.

Burney
03-22-2018, 09:54 AM

Whether it was illegal remains to be seen. However, anyone displaying shock that data is used in this way is either a fool or a fvcking liar.

redgunamo
03-22-2018, 10:03 AM
Whether it was illegal remains to be seen. However, anyone displaying shock that data is used in this way is either a fool or a fvcking liar.

Or merely a sore loser.

eastgermanautos
03-22-2018, 10:03 AM
What have they done that is illegal?

The sharing of personal data which is probably embedded somewhere in the hundreds and hundreds of lines of their Terms and Conditions of use.

There may well be potential issues regarding where the data has been shared to if outside the EU or larger EEA area.

They changed the terms of the agreement without fully acknowledging the uses to which these changed functionalities would be put.

SWv2
03-22-2018, 10:11 AM
They changed the terms of the agreement without fully acknowledging the uses to which these changed functionalities would be put.

Diddums!!!

IUFG
03-22-2018, 10:49 AM
... which is probably embedded somewhere in the hundreds and hundreds of lines of their Terms and Conditions of use.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the terms and conditions of use for Facebook contains more words than the US Constitution. Speaks volumes about both really...

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-22-2018, 11:05 AM
Diddums!!!

I'm sure that will be an irrefutable defence when the company that employs you to know about these things finds itself in the dock s

SWv2
03-22-2018, 11:37 AM
I'm sure that will be an irrefutable defence when the company that employs you to know about these things finds itself in the dock s

If something illegal has happened then Facebook or Cambridge Analytics deserve to be held accountable however if data has been harvested in line with agreed Terms and Conditions and now people are violated and offended as they don't like why the data was used then fúck them.

Remarkable stupidity of the people to think they were handing over all this data to a global giant who ask for no financial donation, and to then think said data was not being used for x, y and z.

Burney
03-22-2018, 11:42 AM
If something illegal has happened then Facebook or Cambridge Analytics deserve to be held accountable however if data has been harvested in line with agreed Terms and Conditions and now people are violated and offended as they don't like why the data was used then fúck them.

Remarkable stupidity of the people to think they were handing over all this data to a global giant who ask for no financial donation, and to then think said data was not being used for x, y and z.

Can we please stop talking about people being 'violated', though? I associate being violated with being non-consensually bummed, not with having some nerd using my personal information to get me to vote the way I probably would have anyway.

Sir C
03-22-2018, 11:45 AM
Can we please stop talking about people being 'violated', though? I associate being violated with being non-consensually bummed, not with having some nerd using my personal information to get me to vote the way I probably would have anyway.

No one, without using physical coercion, can get you to vote in a particular way. This whole brouhaha seems predicated on an acceptance that voters lack any agency and can manipulated like children.

SWv2
03-22-2018, 11:46 AM

Their privacy has been violated or whatever.

I would shoot the fúckers never mind violate them*

*I would not bum them.

Burney
03-22-2018, 11:48 AM
No one, without using physical coercion, can get you to vote in a particular way. This whole brouhaha seems predicated on an acceptance that voters lack any agency and can manipulated like children.

Of course. :shrug: It's a classic post hoc fallacy. 'We spunked a load of money on all this sh1t. Our side won and therefore it's spunking all this money wot won it'.

Burney
03-22-2018, 11:49 AM
Their privacy has been violated or whatever.

I would shoot the fúckers never mind violate them*

*I would not bum them.

On the whole (hole?) I would rather be bummed than shot.

IUFG
03-22-2018, 12:41 PM
This whole brouhaha seems predicated on an acceptance that voters lack any agency and can manipulated like children.

Party. Political. Broadcasts.

https://youtu.be/438UKM1Av1g

SWv2
03-22-2018, 12:45 PM
On the whole (hole?) I would rather be bummed than shot.

The shooting may be minor, a flesh wound as such.

redgunamo
03-22-2018, 12:46 PM
Of course. :shrug: It's a classic post hoc fallacy. 'We spunked a load of money on all this sh1t. Our side won and therefore it's spunking all this money wot won it'.

Well, not saying that anymore! As the man said :hehe: