PDA

View Full Version : Facebook has been selling my data?

Sir C
03-21-2018, 09:22 AM
My God, this could be a disaster! I mean, what if some unscrupulous company finds out when my birthday is and how I sometimes like to lunch at Barrafina (Adelaide St branch)? The consequences are unimaginable!

I'm going to have to wet my knickers and demand something. A twitterstorm should fix everything.

Pokster
03-21-2018, 09:26 AM
My God, this could be a disaster! I mean, what if some unscrupulous company finds out when my birthday is and how I sometimes like to lunch at Barrafina (Adelaide St branch)? The consequences are unimaginable!

I'm going to have to wet my knickers and demand something. A twitterstorm should fix everything.

Have you been bombarded with colostomy bag adverts? Special absorbent pants?

Pokster
03-21-2018, 09:27 AM

At our age, saying you are going to wet your knickers might not be far from the truth

Sir C
03-21-2018, 09:28 AM
Have you been bombarded with colostomy bag adverts? Special absorbent pants?

I haven't, but they would at least be of some interest.

IUFG
03-21-2018, 10:32 AM

It's almost as if people don't understand that, if something is free for you to use, it is more than likely that you and your information are the currency in the deal.

I'm sure it will be in the 6,000+ words terms / policy that everyone obviously reads.

Pat Vegas
03-21-2018, 10:43 AM

can't we sue them?

redgunamo
03-21-2018, 10:50 AM
It's almost as if people don't understand that, if something is free for you to use, it is more than likely that you and your information are the currency in the deal.

I'm sure it will be in the 6,000+ words terms / policy that everyone obviously reads.

Right. If you're not paying for the product, that's probably because you are the product.

redgunamo
03-21-2018, 10:51 AM
can't we sue them?

Possibly. In the EU. I understand he Yanks are buggered though.

Pat Vegas
03-21-2018, 10:58 AM
Possibly. In the EU. I understand he Yanks are buggered though.

I missed the glory days of the 90s where these corporations would pay you off.

Tony C
03-21-2018, 11:57 AM
Can’t wait for them to reveal the scrabble group was infiltrated by MI6.

Luis Anaconda
03-21-2018, 12:45 PM

I've just been asked for my date of birth to get on the M&M'S website ffs - people want to know everything

IUFG
03-21-2018, 12:53 PM
I've just been asked for my date of birth to get on the M&M'S website ffs - people want to know everything

dear me.

privacy by design and default, eh?

SWv2
03-21-2018, 12:55 PM
dear me.

privacy by design and default, eh?

Yet nobody asks why the German was on said website.

:sherlock:

redgunamo
03-21-2018, 12:59 PM

Goes without saying; everyone likes peanuts with chocolate on.

Except that bird that dropped dead after eating them, I suppose.

SWv2
03-21-2018, 01:00 PM
Goes without saying. Everyone likes peanuts with chocolate on.

Except that bird that dropped dead after eating them, I suppose.

I love a Peanut M&M but tend to buy them in-store.

The M&M store in Leicester Square is quite the retail emporium.

IUFG
03-21-2018, 01:01 PM

These Germans are into all sorts of weird shít, sw.

best just to leave em at it imo...

Luis Anaconda
03-21-2018, 01:15 PM

A work query of course - whether they would normally spell their name m&m's as the packet would suggest of M&M'S or M&M's. It isn't a normal brand for us to feature tbh

Sir C
03-21-2018, 01:18 PM
A work query of course - whether they would normally spell their name m&m's as the packet would suggest of M&M'S or M&M's. It isn't a normal brand for us to feature tbh

What is that apostrophe all about then?

Luis Anaconda
03-21-2018, 01:35 PM
What is that apostrophe all about then?
Mars & Murrie's Candy

Sir C
03-21-2018, 01:43 PM
Mars & Murrie's Candy

ty la. One can always rely on you for the full SP.

I've never had M&M's. Are they sort of Smarties for grown ups?

Luis Anaconda
03-21-2018, 01:47 PM

I would say just a **** version of Smarties. I want a packet of Smarties now

Viva Prat Vegas
03-21-2018, 01:51 PM
I want a packet of Minstrels
They melt in your mouth
Not in your hand

Sir C
03-21-2018, 01:52 PM
I would say just a **** version of Smarties. I want a packet of Smarties now

When I was young we used to lick Smarties and use them to apply 'lipstick'. Well, it was public school and we were a bit desperate. :-(

Sir C
03-21-2018, 01:53 PM
I want a packet of Minstrels
They melt in your mouth
Not in your hand

Mmm I used to love Minstrels. The coffee ones. And the orange ones. :cloud9:

Viva Prat Vegas
03-21-2018, 01:54 PM
I only remember the normal ones

You might be thinking of Matchmakers

SWv2
03-21-2018, 01:57 PM

The peanut ones are the real deal.

"To die for" if you want to be completely over dramatic and forget we are talking about an item of confectionery.

Sir C
03-21-2018, 01:58 PM
The peanut ones are the real deal.

"To die for" if you want to be completely over dramatic and forget we are talking about an item of confectionery.

What are we talking about here, sw, a chocolate-coated peanut? I confess, it doesn't sound life changing.

IUFG
03-21-2018, 02:01 PM
Mmm I used to love Minstrels. The coffee ones. And the orange ones. :cloud9:

Cadbury's Old Jamaica. That was a decent bit of chocolate.

http://www.chocozone.net/thumbnail.php?name=cadburybourn000151516.jpg&width=580&src=wrappers

Sir C
03-21-2018, 02:03 PM
Cadbury's Old Jamaica. That was a decent bit of chocolate.

http://www.chocozone.net/thumbnail.php?name=cadburybourn000151516.jpg&width=580&src=wrappers

That was the tits.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-21-2018, 02:04 PM
What a beautiful wrapper that is