PDA

View Full Version : I would like to ask Monty if he is

Viva Prat Vegas
03-20-2018, 01:43 PM
accepting of the strong probability that Spurs will win the FA cup

Monty92
03-20-2018, 01:47 PM
accepting of the strong probability that Spurs will win the FA cup

If the spectrum stretches from "ostrich-like refusal to even entertain the possibility" (1) through to "Buddah-like serenity induced by an absolute immolation of the self " (10) I would put myself at around the 6 mark.

So I'm doing ok, thanks for asking.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-20-2018, 01:55 PM
Good answer

I turned to your level over the weekend

1) They are well overdue
2) Their pattern of success has been increasing by one year each time
84 to 91 = 7
91 to 99 = 8
99 to 08 = 9
08 to 18 = 10

3) Their temporary home

4) Man U and Chelsea are not what they were

SWv2
03-20-2018, 01:58 PM
Good answer

1) They are well overdue
84 to 91 = 7
91 to 99 = 8
99 to 08 = 9
08 to 18 = 10

3) Their temporary home

Pah, even if they were to win it one can easily reach for the "it's only a domestic cup" get out card.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-20-2018, 02:02 PM
I accept the FA Cup on account of the fact that we have won three out of the last four
Otherwise I'd use that card too

Sir C
03-20-2018, 02:05 PM
Good answer

1) They are well overdue
84 to 91 = 7
91 to 99 = 8
99 to 08 = 9
08 to 18 = 10

3) Their temporary home

There was that time they won two FA cups and a UEFA in three years. That was shít. :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
03-20-2018, 02:09 PM
Yes it was :-(
The "depressing" part of the 80's

If only Hutchison hadn't strayed from that wall
(That winning goal is overrated imo)

Sir C
03-20-2018, 02:12 PM
Yes it was :-(
The "depressing" part of the 80's

If only Hutchison hadn't strayed from that wall
(That winning goal is overrated imo)

I thought they were going to win the league. :-( Hoddle, Hazard, Crooks, Archibald, Falco. That lot. :cry:

Luis Anaconda
03-20-2018, 03:03 PM
I thought they were going to win the league. :-( Hoddle, Hazard, Crooks, Archibald, Falco. That lot. :cry:

Even worse when your sister decides to support Spurs just to annoy you. We have Chas and Dave records in the house, sir c. Chas. And. Dave.

SWv2
03-20-2018, 03:03 PM

I can only ever recall them as being labelled a “good cup team” and of course the nonsense with the year ending in 1.

Even the era you speak of, and I am old enough to remember, I don’t seem to recall a true League challenge though let’s be honest it is a long time ago and things are cloudy.

This current lot seems to be the best group they have had in many years, though you still get the feeling something is absent. Even if City were not untouchable I still doubt they would come out on top.

Sir C
03-20-2018, 03:06 PM
I can only ever recall them as being labelled a “good cup team” and of course the nonsense with the year ending in 1.

Even the era you speak of, and I am old enough to remember, I don’t seem to recall a true League challenge though let’s be honest it is a long time ago and things are cloudy.

This current lot seems to be the best group they have had in many years, though you still get the feeling something is absent. Even if City were not untouchable I still doubt they would come out on top.

Oh no, they never actually mounted any sort of challenge, they just looked as though they might. I used to be scared when they came to Highbury that they'd give us a good hiding. Never happened, of course.

Luis Anaconda
03-20-2018, 03:06 PM

A bit later admittedly but the year Allen scored 49 goals they were very very good (both Hoddle and Waddle who for all their ********ery as commentators, were wonderful footballers) - possibly the best team in the country but spread too thin across and lost everything :)

Sir C
03-20-2018, 03:07 PM
Even worse when your sister decides to support Spurs just to annoy you. We have Chas and Dave records in the house, sir c. Chas. And. Dave.

One supposes she came to a bad end, la?

Luis Anaconda
03-20-2018, 03:08 PM
One supposes she came to a bad end, la?

On the contrary, she is probably the success in the family. Certainly the rich one. Stopped the Spurs nonsense of course. Children brought up as Arsenal fans :)

redgunamo
03-20-2018, 04:06 PM

Galvin was the worst of them, imo. And Perryman.

SWv2
03-20-2018, 04:10 PM
Galvin was the worst of them, imo. And Perryman.

Roberts surely.

Luis Anaconda
03-20-2018, 04:13 PM
Roberts surely.

Definitely - Galvin became an awful commentator though as well, I think.

Speaking of that era, was thing of purchasing this when I am back home

http://www.wsc.co.uk/reviews/61-Managers/14073-first-hand-my-life-and-irish-football-by-eoin-hand-with-jared-browne

SWv2
03-20-2018, 04:18 PM
Definitely - Galvin became an awful commentator though as well, I think.

Speaking of that era, was thing of purchasing this when I am back home

http://www.wsc.co.uk/reviews/61-Managers/14073-first-hand-my-life-and-irish-football-by-eoin-hand-with-jared-browne

Supposed to be a very good read, the manager just before Jack arrived and the gates opened up on any ****er that wanted to play for us.

Luis Anaconda
03-20-2018, 04:22 PM
Supposed to be a very good read, the manager just before Jack arrived and the gates opened up on any ****er that wanted to play for us.

I could tell from the rugby, you only want true Irishmen playing like CJ Stander and Bundee Aki

SWv2
03-20-2018, 04:31 PM
I could tell from the rugby, you only want true Irishmen playing like CJ Stander and Bundee Aki

There was actually quite the healthy debate on the national airwaves when Aki became eligible to play, not a personal attack but a heavy criticism from the public and ex-players of the 3 year rule.

Naturally this is all forgotten now.

What we would give for a young English footballer of above average talent to decide play for us. There was such ridiculous hype around Grealish a few years ago and now they are building up young Rice at West Ham to be the future.

Luis Anaconda
03-20-2018, 04:41 PM
There was actually quite the healthy debate on the national airwaves when Aki became eligible to play, not a personal attack but a heavy criticism from the public and ex-players of the 3 year rule.

Naturally this is all forgotten now.

What we would give for a young English footballer of above average talent to decide play for us. There was such ridiculous hype around Grealish a few years ago and now they are building up young Rice at West Ham to be the future.
Would be nice if a young English footballer of above average talent to decide play for England tbf.

Glad they are going to extend the qualification period though (and we have benefited as well, so not a partisan thing). I can qualify to play for Germany next year - just a year too late for the World Cup

SWv2
03-20-2018, 04:55 PM
Would be nice if a young English footballer of above average talent to decide play for England tbf.

Glad they are going to extend the qualification period though (and we have benefited as well, so not a partisan thing). I can qualify to play for Germany next year - just a year too late for the World Cup

Watch out Qatar.

The young lad wants the German 'home' jersey. I was quite taken with it tbh.