PDA

View Full Version : BreakfastWIMB: Teensy bit hungover this morning, drive to work took no time, so I go

Burney
03-16-2018, 08:21 AM
to the McDonald's in Dartford with the intention of having a Sausage & Egg McMuffin. However, when perusing the options, I see a Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bagel and - on a whim - go for that instead.

Report: Not bad. However, for some reason they've opted for the weird omelette sh1t rather than an actual egg. One the plus side, however, there seems to be more cheese than on the McMuffin. The bagel itself holds together well and has a pleasant texture. Also, unlike the muffin, all those bits of semolina sh1t don't fall off it. However, the hole in the middle means melty cheese and grease escape, making it unwieldy and messy to handle for the unwary. Napkins essential.

Summary: The Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bagel: Is it better than the McMuffin? No, not quite.
Is it worth an occasional foray for the sake of variety? Absolutely.

IUFG
03-16-2018, 08:39 AM
Summary: The Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bagel: Is it better than the McMuffin? No, not quite.

Deviating from the S+EMcM whilst breakfasting at MacDonalds is a leeeeeeetle beeeet the folly of those who sign registers, b

Burney
03-16-2018, 08:45 AM
Deviating from the S+EMcM whilst breakfasting at MacDonalds is a leeeeeeetle beeeet the folly of those who sign registers, b

If there weren't people like me prepared to deviate from the familiar, i, how would mankind ever progress?

Luis Anaconda
03-16-2018, 08:48 AM
If there weren't people like me prepared to deviate from the familiar, i, how would mankind ever progress?

Mankind has progressed?

Burney
03-16-2018, 08:50 AM
Mankind has progressed?

:nod: Once upon a time there was only the Sausage & Egg McMuffin. Then there came the Double Sausage & Egg McMuffin.

That, my friend, is progress.

Luis Anaconda
03-16-2018, 08:53 AM
:nod: Once upon a time there was only the Sausage & Egg McMuffin. Then there came the Double Sausage & Egg McMuffin.

That, my friend, is progress.

gpwm sir - I could do with one now

IUFG
03-16-2018, 08:55 AM
gpwm sir - I could do with one now

are you going to try the bagel, la?

thought not.

you see, b, somethings don't need progress

Pokster
03-16-2018, 08:57 AM
Mankind has progressed?

Not in Dartford

Burney
03-16-2018, 09:12 AM
are you going to try the bagel, la?

thought not.

you see, b, somethings don't need progress

I doubt they have bagels in Germany, tbh. What with them killing all the Jews and everything.

IUFG
03-16-2018, 09:15 AM
I doubt they have bagels in Germany, tbh. What with them killing all the Jews and everything.

they are a changed country, b.

they love the everyone now, with all their forrin muck food.

and stabby tendencies...

PSRB
03-16-2018, 09:16 AM
to the McDonald's in Dartford with the intention of having a Sausage & Egg McMuffin. However, when perusing the options, I see a Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bagel and - on a whim - go for that instead.

Report: Not bad. However, for some reason they've opted for the weird omelette sh1t rather than an actual egg. One the plus side, however, there seems to be more cheese than on the McMuffin. The bagel itself holds together well and has a pleasant texture. Also, unlike the muffin, all those bits of semolina sh1t don't fall off it. However, the hole in the middle means melty cheese and grease escape, making it unwieldy and messy to handle for the unwary. Napkins essential.

Bagels are just wrong, b. Taste and texture of stale bread

Sir C
03-16-2018, 09:17 AM

An interesting report and a valuable addition to the sum total of human knowledge b, thank you.

Yesterday I breakfasted at The Grosvenor House and was excited to be offered a type of brown sauce hitherto unsampled by me; A1 sauce. Breathless with anticipation, I applied a dab to my sausage: it was rank :-(

Such a disappointment.

Peter
03-16-2018, 09:22 AM

Bagels are magnificent, once toasted. Pre-toasting, just a load of old ****e.

PSRB
03-16-2018, 09:25 AM
Bagels are magnificent, once toasted. Pre-toasting, just a load of old ****e.

But they're missing a great chunk! Not a patch on fresh white loaf

Peter
03-16-2018, 09:33 AM
But they're missing a great chunk! Not a patch on fresh white loaf

You arent supposed to eat the hole :)

Burney
03-16-2018, 09:36 AM

Yes. But in this instance, the sturdiness of the bagel meant it could soak up a lot of grease, which made the whole thing structurally sound. The hole is an issue, however. If they made the bagel without the hole, it would be better.

Burney
03-16-2018, 09:37 AM
You arent supposed to eat the hole :)

Tell that to your mum.

Burney
03-16-2018, 09:38 AM
An interesting report and a valuable addition to the sum total of human knowledge b, thank you.

Yesterday I breakfasted at The Grosvenor House and was excited to be offered a type of brown sauce hitherto unsampled by me; A1 sauce. Breathless with anticipation, I applied a dab to my sausage: it was rank :-(

Such a disappointment.

Is that not a Yanqui sauce? They call it 'steak sauce', I think.

Luis Anaconda
03-16-2018, 09:57 AM

They do have something similar but I was put off by the egg

Sir C
03-16-2018, 10:00 AM

Created for George IV, apparently. It tastes like it's American, though. Sweet as fúck.

World's End Stella
03-16-2018, 10:29 AM

I find the addition of ketchup to be essential to the S&EM experience. Do you add ketchup, Burney?

World's End Stella
03-16-2018, 10:31 AM

Yes, it's just runny HP sauce. And it's quite dated, as well.

You'd struggle to find American hipsters who violated their USDA steak with A1, I think.

Burney
03-16-2018, 10:32 AM
I find the addition of ketchup to be essential to the S&EM experience. Do you add ketchup, Burney?

No. I think the sausage and cheese speak for themselves and need no accompaniment.

Burney
03-16-2018, 10:33 AM
Yes, it's just runny HP sauce. And it's quite dated, as well.

You'd struggle to find American hipsters who violated their USDA steak with A1, I think.

I've deffo seen it on tables in diners in thon United States.

World's End Stella
03-16-2018, 10:36 AM
No. I think the sausage and cheese speak for themselves and need no accompaniment.

Hmmm, I find the sweetness and vinegar of ketchup finishes off the salty, greasiness quite nicely.

Same with a bacon or sausage sandwich - inconceivable with ketchup or, at a push, brown sauce.

World's End Stella
03-16-2018, 10:37 AM
I've deffo seen it on tables in diners in thon United States.

Yeah you would but it would never be seen in an upscale steakhouse. It's their equivalent of brown sauce on a cultural level.

Burney
03-16-2018, 10:41 AM
Hmmm, I find the sweetness and vinegar of ketchup finishes off the salty, greasiness quite nicely.

Same with a bacon or sausage sandwich - inconceivable with ketchup or, at a push, brown sauce.

I find the grease to be a more than adequate condiment - with the cheese to add piquancy.