PDA

View Full Version : Those of you who like food and have Netflix

World's End Stella
03-14-2018, 02:53 PM
Ugly Delicious :nod:

First one was on pizza and I noticed with great interest a chap in Naples showing how to eat a pizza properly, with your hands. :nod:

Note to Charles, don't watch. The whole point of the series is that food can be, and is, wonderful everywhere in the world regardless of origin.

World's End Stella
03-14-2018, 02:54 PM
Oh, and second one is on tacos and I defy anyone to watch it and not want to go to Mexico to eat Mexican food.

Yum. :eat:

Pokster
03-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Oh, and second one is on tacos and I defy anyone to watch it and not want to go to Mexico to eat Mexican food.

Make your mind up, your first post says food can be wonderful anywhere and then you say the second one will make you want to go to Mexico.... food is not the reason why I would want to go on holiday anywhere

AFC East
03-14-2018, 04:21 PM
Make your mind up, your first post says food can be wonderful anywhere and then you say the second one will make you want to go to Mexico.... food is not the reason why I would want to go on holiday anywhere

I suspect food is more important to the OP than you. Mexican food is a good reason to go to Mexico. Repeatedly.

Rich
03-15-2018, 09:40 AM

Or you could go to the UAE and eat buffet Mexican food while watching a proramme of 'entertainment'. :shrug:

Peter
03-15-2018, 09:44 AM
Ugly Delicious :nod:

First one was on pizza and I noticed with great interest a chap in Naples showing how to eat a pizza properly, with your hands. :nod:

Note to Charles, don't watch. The whole point of the series is that food can be, and is, wonderful everywhere in the world regardless of origin.

I shall continue to eat pizza with a knife and fork if it is all the same to some bloke I have never heard of.

I did put a burger down mid-meal the other day, upside down. You would have been proud of me.

It was a vegan burger....

Burney
03-15-2018, 09:52 AM
I shall continue to eat pizza with a knife and fork if it is all the same to some bloke I have never heard of.

I did put a burger down mid-meal the other day, upside down. You would have been proud of me.

It was a vegan burger....

How can you eat pizza if you're a vegan? What of God's honest Mozzarella?

Peter
03-15-2018, 09:55 AM

You can, it just isnt very nice/worth having. My point was that if I do eat pizza, it will be with a knife and fork.

Fake mozzarella isnt great....

Peter
03-15-2018, 09:57 AM

Oooh, oooh! I thought of a double album that doesnt conform to you rule.

It isnt a compilation, or a live album. It is however, to some extent a (shudder) concept album. British. Became a film. Is a brilliant album and simplywouldnt have worked as a single.

Can you guess?

Burney
03-15-2018, 10:05 AM
Oooh, oooh! I thought of a double album that doesnt conform to you rule.

It isnt a compilation, or a live album. It is however, to some extent a (shudder) concept album. British. Became a film. Is a brilliant album and simplywouldnt have worked as a single.

Can you guess?

You aren't going to say 'The Wall' are you? :-(

Peter
03-15-2018, 10:14 AM
You aren't going to say 'The Wall' are you? :-(

**** no!

Quadrophenia... :)

World's End Stella
03-15-2018, 10:26 AM
**** no!

That was my guess. :nod:

Shame it's sh1t, though.

World's End Stella
03-15-2018, 10:28 AM
Or you could go to the UAE and eat buffet Mexican food while watching a proramme of 'entertainment'. :shrug:

You could, yes. And the Mexican food might be very good if the produce was of a high quality and the chef knew how to cook it.

Having said that, I don't eat buffets. :shrug:

Peter
03-15-2018, 10:32 AM
That was my guess. :nod:

Shame it's sh1t, though.

Obviously that is a matter of opinion. However, it certainly wouldn't work any better as a single album :)

Burney
03-15-2018, 11:01 AM
**** no!

I'm never convinced by The Who. A great band who somehow managed to be less than the sum of their parts. Certainly their reach exceeded their grasp - due to Townshend being a pretentious tosser.

7sisters
03-15-2018, 11:19 AM
I suspect food is more important to the OP than you. Mexican food is a good reason to go to Mexico. Repeatedly.

But... Is it ? I quite enjoy Mexican food but it always smacks of the Billy Connolly skit about it all tasting the same, just folded in different ways.

Burney
03-15-2018, 11:48 AM
But... Is it ? I quite enjoy Mexican food but it always smacks of the Billy Connolly skit about it all tasting the same, just folded in different ways.

That's Tex-Mex food, which is what you has mostly get in Mexican restaurants in this country. It is an abomination. Actual Mexican food - particularly that which one gets on the West Coast - is delicious.

7sisters
03-15-2018, 12:08 PM
That's Tex-Mex food, which is what you has mostly get in Mexican restaurants in this country. It is an abomination. Actual Mexican food - particularly that which one gets on the West Coast - is delicious.

:thumbup: I once had the misfortune of crossing the border and passing through Tijuana, then stopping at Rosarito. The place seemed more than a bit dodgy from albeit brief perspective. An overnight stop ensued. I can't speak much for the local cuisine but I wasn't convinced I'd want to spend a huge amount of time re-visiting. :-\
Rick Steins recent travails certainly proved there was far more to mexico than baja.

Tony C
03-15-2018, 12:37 PM
Love Netflix...no more tv licence :cloud9:

Peter
03-15-2018, 01:04 PM
I'm never convinced by The Who. A great band who somehow managed to be less than the sum of their parts. Certainly their reach exceeded their grasp - due to Townshend being a pretentious tosser.

I always though they were not quite pretentious enough most of the time. Actually sitting down. And listening to Quadrophenia as an album (not the soundtrack) I realised it is different to most of their stuff. It really works.