PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I want to know about Hawking's death: when did they turn off his voice?

Burney
03-14-2018, 09:35 AM
Did they wait until he'd pegged out in case he wanted to tap out some last words or just think 'fvck it' and switch it off ages ago?

Also, who gets his kit? That must be worth a few bob.

Pokster
03-14-2018, 09:36 AM
Did they wait until he'd pegged out in case he wanted to tap out some last words or just think 'fvck it' and switch it off ages ago?

Will obviously be left to his wife... she will now get it revamped with a higher top speed and a new voice

Burney
03-14-2018, 09:38 AM
Will obviously be left to his wife... she will now get it revamped with a higher top speed and a new voice

His chair must ming, though. It'd need re-upholstering.

Sir C
03-14-2018, 09:38 AM

Can we now all admit that he was the dullest bloke who ever lived? The sound of that voice could instantly send me to sleep, which is ironic, since it was hardly mellifluous.

Burney
03-14-2018, 09:48 AM
Can we now all admit that he was the dullest bloke who ever lived? The sound of that voice could instantly send me to sleep, which is ironic, since it was hardly mellifluous.

As far as I can make out, he just talked a load of old b0llocks about space stuff that doesn't even matter. He didn't invent anything or increase the sum of human happiness particularly. Good fvcking riddance imo. Freeloading raspberry cvnt.

Billy Goat Sverige
03-14-2018, 09:49 AM

I have often wondered why he never had more fun with it. Indian accent one day, Jamaican the next.

Sir C
03-14-2018, 09:51 AM
As far as I can make out, he just talked a load of old b0llocks about space stuff that doesn't even matter. He didn't invent anything or increase the sum of human happiness particularly. Good fvcking riddance imo. Freeloading raspberry cvnt.

Harsh but fair. Needed saying.

Sir C
03-14-2018, 09:51 AM
I have often wondered why he never had more fun with it. Indian accent one day, Jamaican the next.

No sense of humour. Boring ****.

PSRB
03-14-2018, 09:52 AM
No sense of humour. Boring ****.

Harsh, he had a very good sense of humour by all accounts.

Sir C
03-14-2018, 09:53 AM

Tedious lefty, p. :judge: (Him, not you.)

Pokster
03-14-2018, 09:54 AM

Perhaps Sir C was saying BGS has no sense of humour and is a boring ****?

IUFG
03-14-2018, 09:56 AM

Rivalled only by Morrissey...

:fishing:

PSRB
03-14-2018, 10:00 AM
Tedious lefty, p. :judge: (Him, not you.)

:nod: There is that.

Noticed that Corbyn and Alistair Campbell have already used his death to try and score political points

Burney
03-14-2018, 10:01 AM
Perhaps Sir C was saying BGS has no sense of humour and is a boring ****?

How would anyone know? Imagine waiting around for the gimpy old cvnt to tell a joke. You'd be bored rigid.

barrybueno
03-14-2018, 10:03 AM

Had a nasty side to him as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqmvaJi-Vzs

Burney
03-14-2018, 10:10 AM
Had a nasty side to him as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqmvaJi-Vzs

He liked hanging out at titty bars, the dirty old git.

Pokster
03-14-2018, 10:19 AM
He liked hanging out at titty bars, the dirty old git.

Don't we all :hide:

World's End Stella
03-14-2018, 10:20 AM

As I made my way into work this morning and saw the news, my first thought was 'I'd set the book at 10am for Burney posting something heartless and offensive on AWIMB'.

Got that pretty much spot on. :cloud9:

Can't believe that was the first thing I thought of. :-(

Pokster
03-14-2018, 10:23 AM
As I made my way into work this morning and saw the news, my first thought was 'I'd set the book at 10am for Burney posting something heartless and offensive on AWIMB'.

I'm classed as a chip pisser, b is a death pisser, everyone who ever dies was a wrong 'un... I think b has issues

Sir C
03-14-2018, 10:26 AM
Don't we all :hide:

I've got to take a group of senior motor industry executives to a títty bar in Germany in a couple of weeks. The problem with German is that all the títty bars are knocking shops, so some blokes inevitably take the hospitality too far and it costs me a fortune :-(

Pokster
03-14-2018, 10:34 AM
I've got to take a group of senior motor industry executives to a títty bar in Germany in a couple of weeks. The problem with German is that all the títty bars are knocking shops, so some blokes inevitably take the hospitality too far and it costs me a fortune :-(

I was taken to one of those in Paris a number of years ago, quite a shock for a sweet impressionable Northern lad like moi

Rich

Problem is, humour is all to do with timing and the delivery. Both are surely impacted by him having to program his voice/not being able to deliver it particularly eloquently.

Pokster

Is that what you used car salesmen get up to?

Sir C
03-14-2018, 10:41 AM
Is that what you used car salesmen get up to?

Yes, it's more glamourous than you bank clerks cashing up bags of 2p bits for pensioners, isn't it?

Pokster
03-14-2018, 10:43 AM
Yes, it's more glamourous than you bank clerks cashing up bags of 2p bits for pensioners, isn't it?

:nono: them damn pensioners have to bag up there own change, don't make our job seem less glam' than it really is

Burney
03-14-2018, 12:24 PM

Apparently, they're not certain he's dead.

They've put him in a bag of rice for the moment. Later on they'll press his b0llocks and his left ear at the same time and see if he restarts.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-14-2018, 01:01 PM
Have they called the AA yet ?
A set of jump leads and he'll be as good as new