PDA

View Full Version : Now I don't want to get all jingoistic, but this Salisbury business.

Burney
03-12-2018, 10:12 AM
I mean, Ivan has in effect launched a chemical weapons attack on British soil that appears to have affected hundreds of people and fundamentally broken the rules of international espionage. Are we actually going to...y'know...do something?

PSRB
03-12-2018, 10:14 AM
I mean, Ivan has in effect launched a chemical weapons attack on British soil that appears to have affected hundreds of people and fundamentally broken the rules of international espionage. Are we actually going to...y'know...do something?

See. A. Litvinenko.....in other words, no

Burney
03-12-2018, 10:22 AM
See. A. Litvinenko.....in other words, no

Litvinenko was shabby, but he himself was pretty much fair game. This chap had been exchanged fair and square. Topping him is right out of order.

IUFG
03-12-2018, 10:23 AM

We've got 'fúck all' in the military department and would be squished like a fly by Putin's mob.

I'm sure one of our nice diplomats will politely ask them if they could do a tidier job next time.

Ash
03-12-2018, 10:24 AM

Yeah, let's have a nuclear war, despite Russia having no motive for killing a bloke they could have killed in their own prison years ago. And if they did they wouldn't be so clumsy.

I quite like the weird theory about another Clinton murder, bumping him off before he spills something about Steele's (to whom he was connected) dodgy dossier, while blaming Russia as an excuse to ramp up the defcon even further. #WereAllGoingToDie

redgunamo
03-12-2018, 10:25 AM
We've got 'fúck all' in the military department and would be squished like a fly by Putin's mob.

I'm sure one of our nice diplomats will politely ask them if they could do a tidier job next time.

No, in that game, it's important to leave a fairly obvious marker, a signature or calling card. You know, so that everyone knows who did it.

Rich
03-12-2018, 10:25 AM

Meh... Do we really care enough to shoot ourselves in the foot? Couldn't Russia just turn our gas off if we decide to start throwing accusations around.

The man is clearly a snake & cannot be trusted. He had it coming.

Burney
03-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Yeah, let's have a nuclear war, despite Russia having no motive for killing a bloke they could have killed in their own prison years ago. And if they did they wouldn't be so clumsy.

I quite like the weird theory about another Clinton murder, bumping him off before he spills something about Steele's (to whom he was connected) dodgy dossier, while blaming Russia as an excuse to ramp up the defcon even further. #WereAllGoingToDie

Well given that Putin has effectively stated that he considers all traitors to be targets and that Russia’s overseas assassinations have not been notable for their adroitness, you’ll understand if disagree with you here.

Burney
03-12-2018, 10:34 AM
Meh... Do we really care enough to shoot ourselves in the foot? Couldn't Russia just turn our gas off if we decide to start throwing accusations around.

The man is clearly a snake & cannot be trusted. He had it coming.

No. We don’t rely on Russian gas.

Pokster
03-12-2018, 10:35 AM

May is going to stamp her feet and say we are very cross.... so no, we will do bugger all

Burney
03-12-2018, 10:39 AM
May is going to stamp her feet and say we are very cross.... so no, we will do bugger all

The very least we should do is withdraw from the World Cup, ffs!

Sir C
03-12-2018, 10:39 AM
Well given that Putin has effectively stated that he considers all traitors to be targets and that Russia’s overseas assassinations have not been notable for their adroitness, you’ll understand if disagree with you here.

I suspect that the gentlemen of The Circus know perfectly well who did it, and why. If it was a Russian state-sponsored assassination, the problem is quite what we can do about it. Realpolitik, b. Immer Realpolitik.

Sir C
03-12-2018, 10:41 AM

The bit that really confuses me is the theatricality. Nerve agents, poisoned umbrellas, polonium... these KGB types are just wannabe Bond villains, aren't they?

Why not simply shoot the **** through the head?

Pokster
03-12-2018, 10:42 AM
The very least we should do is withdraw from the World Cup, ffs!

Well Scotland, Wales and N Ireland obviously knew something like this would happen so did it months ago... we will withdraw after about 10 days of the WC

PSRB
03-12-2018, 10:46 AM

Also, Nerve gas is fairly identifiable as state sponsored. Not exactly readily available

redgunamo
03-12-2018, 10:47 AM
The bit that really confuses me is the theatricality. Nerve agents, poisoned umbrellas, polonium... these KGB types are just wannabe Bond villains, aren't they?

As I say, because anyone can do that. This way, the correct individuals ensure they get the credit, the mark is added to their scorecard.

Burney
03-12-2018, 10:49 AM

Because they're vulgar barbarians with no sense of how things are supposed to be done.

redgunamo
03-12-2018, 10:54 AM

#SpiritCooking ? :-(

I'm guessing one should only Google that with extreme caution, by the way.

Luis Anaconda
03-12-2018, 10:56 AM

She could send Boris on a state visit there - that would teach them

Sir C
03-12-2018, 11:00 AM

Tell me a, do you see Comrade Putin as a sort of benevolant figure, father of the Russian people and friend to all the peoples of the world, unfairly maligned and smeared and the victim of all sorts of bizarre conspiracies?

I mean, why would the rest of the world constantly want to make up stuff about the chap and his regime?

PSRB
03-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Tell me a, do you see Comrade Putin as a sort of benevolant figure, father of the Russian people and friend to all the peoples of the world, unfairly maligned and smeared and the victim of all sorts of bizarre conspiracies?

I mean, why would the rest of the world constantly want to make up stuff about the chap and his regime?

My best mate married a Ruskie and has gone all very defensive about Putin. It's very weird

Sir C
03-12-2018, 11:06 AM
As I say, because anyone can do that. This way, the correct individuals ensure they get the credit, the mark is added to their scorecard.

I couldn't. Not without some training. The technicalities coupled with the nerves would defeat me.

Rich
03-12-2018, 11:07 AM
My best mate married a Ruskie and has gone all very defensive about Putin. It's very weird

When I was diving in Egypt there were lots of them there (drinking vodka at 8am and stamping on coral :-( ) & many of them were sporting t-shirts with Putin's face/Putin riding a horse/Putin drinking vodka/Putin climbing a mountain on.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-12-2018, 11:07 AM
No, in that game, it's important to leave a fairly obvious marker, a signature or calling card. You know, so that everyone knows who did it.

Like the Milk Tray man?

PSRB
03-12-2018, 11:12 AM
When I was diving in Egypt there were lots of them there (drinking vodka at 8am and stamping on coral :-( ) & many of them were sporting t-shirts with Putin's face/Putin riding a horse/Putin drinking vodka/Putin climbing a mountain on.

Same in ski resorts as well. All money, no manners.

redgunamo
03-12-2018, 11:13 AM

Perhaps we need to ask this young lady?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxUuaur_i467RNV8GZLF0xGTTsgERxX Fh8HldH_PchdRqD-A7c

redgunamo
03-12-2018, 11:14 AM
I couldn't. Not without some training. The technicalities coupled with the nerves would defeat me.

Right. OK then; let us say, anyone with some training.

Sir C
03-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Perhaps we need to ask this young lady?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxUuaur_i467RNV8GZLF0xGTTsgERxX Fh8HldH_PchdRqD-A7c

It I had a pwerful electron microscope to hand, r, I might know what you're on about. Sadly, I don't.

redgunamo
03-12-2018, 11:27 AM
It I had a pwerful electron microscope to hand, r, I might know what you're on about. Sadly, I don't.

Ah, yes. Quite. Well, it's just a photo of a young Frau Merkel, got up as a commie. Almost certainly for a fancy dress party.

Or something.

I mean, nobody is seriously suggesting she's a life-long sympathiser and would prefer that the past remain in the past or anything like that.

No.

Burney
03-12-2018, 11:49 AM

It's Mutti Merkel in her DDR Freie Deutsche Jugend outfit.

Burney
03-12-2018, 11:55 AM
Ah, yes. Quite. Well, it's just a photo of a young Frau Merkel, got up as a commie. Almost certainly for a fancy dress party.

Or something.

I mean, nobody is seriously suggesting she's a life-long sympathiser and would prefer that the past remain in the past or anything like that.

No.

Thing is, r, as far as I'm concerned all continental European politicians are either commies or fascists at heart. It's in their nature. They've never really got democracy in any meaningful sense, so it's inevitable, really.

redgunamo
03-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Thing is, r, as far as I'm concerned all continental European politicians are either commies or fascists at heart. It's in their nature. They've never really got democracy in any meaningful sense, so it's inevitable, really.

Oh, I agree 100%. I was merely answering C's query about the benevolence of Steve Putin

Sir C
03-12-2018, 12:42 PM
It's Mutti Merkel in her DDR Freie Deutsche Jugend outfit.

I wonder if she ever bumped into Jeremy and Diane.

Burney
03-12-2018, 01:04 PM
I wonder if she ever bumped into Jeremy and Diane.

:music: A little ditty 'bout Jeremy & Diane
Two communist kids cycling 'round Ostdeutschland' :music:

Viva Prat Vegas
03-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Sir C "The bit that really confuses me is the theatricality. Nerve agents, poisoned umbrellas, polonium... these KGB types are just wannabe Bond villains, aren't they?

Why not simply shoot the **** through the head?"

I always wondered that about the Hooded Claw and his over-elaborate attempts to bump off Penelope Pitstop

Sir C
03-12-2018, 01:10 PM
:music: A little ditty 'bout Jeremy & Diane
Two communist kids cycling 'round Ostdeutschland' :music:

That has just brought to mind the image of Diane wriggling out of her jeans to allow our hero to do what he pleases.

:-(

Pokster
03-12-2018, 01:15 PM
Sir C "The bit that really confuses me is the theatricality. Nerve agents, poisoned umbrellas, polonium... these KGB types are just wannabe Bond villains, aren't they?

Why not simply shoot the **** through the head?"

I always wondered that about the Hooded Claw and his over-elaborate attempts to bump off Penelope Pitstop

He wanted to do things to her that could only be shown after the watershed imo

Pokster
03-12-2018, 01:16 PM
That has just brought to mind the image of Diane wriggling out of her jeans to allow our hero to do what he pleases.

And that thought is any worse than John Major sticking one up EC?

Sir C
03-12-2018, 01:19 PM
And that thought is any worse than John Major sticking one up EC?

What in the name of Christ's tits have John Major and Edwina Currie got to do with it? Maniac.

Pokster
03-12-2018, 01:41 PM
What in the name of Christ's tits have John Major and Edwina Currie got to do with it? Maniac.

You brought up our next prime minister in a non too happy scene, thought i would add another unsavory thought to make it the worst orgy you can imagine

Sir C
03-12-2018, 01:42 PM
You brought up our next prime minister in a non too happy scene, thought i would add another unsavory thought to make it the worst orgy you can imagine

I suspect that Edwina was quite the minx in the bedroom back in the day.

Pokster
03-12-2018, 01:49 PM
I suspect that Edwina was quite the minx in the bedroom back in the day.

:sick: :vomit: I bet JM was 1 position only, and to be a bit kinky he'd take his socks off

Sir C
03-12-2018, 01:52 PM
:sick: :vomit: I bet JM was 1 position only, and to be a bit kinky he'd take his socks off

I don't care about him, though, since I don't really wish to fúck him.

Pokster
03-12-2018, 01:55 PM
I don't care about him, though, since I don't really wish to fúck him.

yeah, of course you don't...... you'd love to have shagged a Tory PM

Burney
03-12-2018, 02:06 PM

I think it would take a lot of wriggling - and a bucket of industrial lubricant - to get Diane Abbott out of her jeans.