PDA

View Full Version : Ken Dodd died.

Burney
03-12-2018, 06:08 AM
Don’t let me down here, awimb.

Yesterday Once More
03-12-2018, 06:55 AM
Did he? No, Doddy.

No doubt his funeral will last five hours and he'll still come back for more after they close the curtains.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-12-2018, 08:14 AM

So farewell Ken Dodd.
You were a wrong'un.
Tickling stick indeed.

Burney
03-12-2018, 08:32 AM
Did he? No, Doddy.

No doubt his funeral will last five hours and he'll still come back for more after they close the curtains.

wd YOM. Proper order. :nod:

Pokster
03-12-2018, 09:00 AM

At least he can now spend more time with his dads dog

World's End Stella
03-12-2018, 09:13 AM
According to the BBC he's a 'comedy legend'.

According to me, as I have no idea who he is, a quick look at BBC suggests he's a scouser who looks like a transsexual (NTTAWWI)vampire.

Needless to say, I don't expect a significant period of mourning at Maison WES.

Burney
03-12-2018, 09:20 AM
According to the BBC he's a 'comedy legend'.

According to me, as I have no idea who he is, a quick look at BBC suggests he's a scouser who looks like a transsexual (NTTAWWI)vampire.

Needless to say, I don't expect a significant period of mourning at Maison WES.

Brilliantly, he appears to have stuffed the taxman from beyond the grave by marrying his partner of 40 years on his deathbed and thus allowed her to avoid inheritance tax.

Hurrah for Doddy!

Sir C
03-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Brilliantly, he appears to have stuffed the taxman from beyond the grave by marrying his partner of 40 years on his deathbed and thus allowed her to avoid inheritance tax.

Hurrah for Doddy!

I was never a fan of the diddymen, though. They creeped me out, the freaks.

Burney
03-12-2018, 09:36 AM
I was never a fan of the diddymen, though. They creeped me out, the freaks.

He was one of the best-selling recording artists of the 1960s, though. Always worth bearing that in mind when people bang on about the swinging sixties imo. People may have been grooving to Hendrix in London, but in the provinces they were buying Doddy records by the lorry-load.

Sir C
03-12-2018, 09:38 AM
He was one of the best-selling recording artists of the 1960s, though. Always worth bearing that in mind when people bang on about the swinging sixties imo. People may have been grooving to Hendrix in London, but in the provinces they were buying Doddy records by the lorry-load.

'Tears' is a great record, though. Not quite as good as Wisdom's 'Don't Laugh At Me', of course, but excellent all the same.

Yesterday Once More
03-12-2018, 10:32 AM
'Tears' is a great record, though. Not quite as good as Wisdom's 'Don't Laugh At Me', of course, but excellent all the same.

The great british public certainly thought so.....it was the third best selling record of the 60s, with only two Beatles songs (She Loves You and I Want To Hold Your Hand) ahead of it.

IUFG
03-12-2018, 10:33 AM
The great british public certainly thought so.....it was the third best selling record of the 60s, with only two Beatles songs ahead of it.

The Beatles
The Smiths
Ken Dodd

is that right, b?

Viva Prat Vegas
03-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Ken Dead's Dodd

:hehe:

Burney
03-12-2018, 12:58 PM
The Beatles
The Smiths
Ken Dodd

is that right, b?

No. Because quality and popularity are different things.

If you don't accept that The Smiths are the greatest British band since The Beatles, you are simply wrong, I'm afraid. Acting the boll0cks about it won't change that fundamental fact.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Who gets custody of Doddy's doggie ?

Pokster
03-12-2018, 01:14 PM
No. Because quality and popularity are different things.

If you don't accept that The Smiths are the greatest British band since The Beatles, you are simply wrong, I'm afraid. Acting the boll0cks about it won't change that fundamental fact.

:hehe: Oh you do crack me up