PDA

View Full Version : So would people rather we didn't win the UEFA if it meant Wenger

Monty92
03-09-2018, 12:48 PM
leaves this summer, or would they tolerate him for another year in exchange for a (albeit potentially fleeting) return to the CL?

Peter
03-09-2018, 12:55 PM
leaves this summer, or would they tolerate him for another year in exchange for a (albeit potentially fleeting) return to the CL?

Based on the belief that a return to the CL would be a waste of time and next season would be worse than this one, I would prefer it if he left with us in the Europa League.

However, in a practical sense I believe he will stay either way so on that basis I would prefer to win the Europa League.

barrybueno
03-09-2018, 12:57 PM

Can't we be a leetle beet spoilt and have the UEFA Cup and Wenger ****ing off on a high?

Peter
03-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Can't we be a leetle beet spoilt and have the UEFA Cup and Wenger ****ing off on a high?

Its the least likely of all realistic options. Virtually no chance of that happening.

Monty92
03-09-2018, 01:02 PM
Its the least likely of all realistic options. Virtually no chance of that happening.

You are remarkably confident of that and I literally have no idea why.

Rich
03-09-2018, 01:08 PM

We won't win it and he won't leave until the end of his contract. Altletico will knock us out in the next round.

Ash
03-09-2018, 01:20 PM
So would people rather we didn't win the UEFA if it meant Wenger leaves this summer, or would they tolerate him for another year in exchange for a (albeit potentially fleeting) return to the CL?

:hehe:

One win and suddenly we are speculating that we might salvage our season by winning a trophy and getting back into the CL. Which would be like two trophies of course.

Yes, I'd like to win it, and to hell with the consequences. (Relegation next year a la Cloughie).

Luis Anaconda
03-09-2018, 01:38 PM
:hehe:

One win and suddenly we are speculating that we might salvage our season by winning a trophy and getting back into the CL. Which would be like two trophies of course.

Yes, I'd like to win it, and to hell with the consequences. (Relegation next year a la Cloughie).
Championship football would be ace, a. We'd get to play Leeds

SWv2
03-09-2018, 01:49 PM

Mandatory :yellowcard: for the failure to use the word "dirty" as a prefix to said football club name.

SWv2
03-09-2018, 01:50 PM

I want him to go irrespective of how we do in the EL.

Not sure that answers your question.

Ash
03-09-2018, 01:52 PM
I want him to go irrespective of how we do in the EL.

Not sure that answers your question.

The menu states that if we win the EL, or UEL as it is known in some quarters, the Auld Man stays.

So decide.

SWv2
03-09-2018, 01:54 PM
The menu states that if we win the EL, or UEL as it is known in some quarters, the Auld Man stays.

So decide.

Can I add a side of "he must then leave at the end of his deal and none of this extending nonsense we had after recent domestic cup success"?

Ash
03-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Can I add a side of "he must then leave at the end of his deal and none of this extending nonsense we had after recent domestic cup success"?

We'll see what the quizmaster says. I suspect that there will be no guarantees of no further extension.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-09-2018, 02:04 PM
I do not like the menu so will get up, leave and ride to another restaurant on my motorbike

Pokster
03-09-2018, 02:05 PM

If we won something every year I couldn't care less what contract he has....... but we won't so he should leave at the end of the season anyway

SWv2
03-09-2018, 02:07 PM
If we won something every year I couldn't care less what contract he has....... but we won't so he should leave at the end of the season anyway

Purely for the minutes I will add that he will not win anything this year.

Luis Anaconda
03-09-2018, 02:18 PM
Mandatory :yellowcard: for the failure to use the word "dirty" as a prefix to said football club name.

Should have been red, sw. Mea culpa

SWv2
03-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Should have been red, sw. Mea culpa

How was Milan?

Viva Prat Vegas
03-09-2018, 02:26 PM
He did not go

SWv2
03-09-2018, 02:34 PM
He did not go

Thanks Sodd / Fash.

I am so fúcking confused these days.

Tony C
03-09-2018, 02:38 PM
He’s going to win the EL, then the Super Cup and Champions League next season before retiring when we beat Raja Casablanca and Corinthians for the World Club Cup in Japan #Fact

He’ll announce his retirement that night while butt naked surround by all his trophies, loads of Japanese school goals and piles of money and coke all over the place imo #WengerballER

World's End Stella
03-09-2018, 02:53 PM
Back to the original question from the photo caption writer - yes, nothing is more important for the club than Wenger leaving.

Now if you were to come back with some nonsense like 'even if he won the league and the CL' I would simply laugh at you.

HA HA HA

Monty92
03-09-2018, 02:54 PM
I reckon there’s a fair old chance you chaps were saying the same thing with Man City and Chelsea in our way in the FA Cup last season.

Purely for the minutes I will add that he will not win anything this year.

Peter
03-09-2018, 02:54 PM
You are remarkably confident of that and I literally have no idea why.

Two reasons- firstly I genuinely dont think we will win it. Secondly, I am utterly convinced beyond virtually all doubt that if we do win it he will stay.

THus the option above is so incredibly unlikely.

IUFG
03-09-2018, 02:58 PM

Nelson fúcking Vivas :shudder:

PSRB
03-09-2018, 03:00 PM
I reckon there’s a fair old chance you chaps were saying the same thing with Man City and Chelsea in our way in the FA Cup last season.

:nod: We will win the EL this year*

*5 pint lunch, not done that since I worked at The Sun

World's End Stella
03-09-2018, 03:02 PM

Food review?

PSRB
03-09-2018, 03:04 PM
Food review?

I had food?

World's End Stella
03-09-2018, 03:07 PM
I had food?

:hehe: :clap:

Pretty sure you planned to mate.

SWv2
03-09-2018, 03:11 PM

Probably.

A person having an opinion. Who knew.

PSRB
03-09-2018, 03:12 PM
:hehe: :clap:

Pretty sure you planned to mate.

Was very good, actually. Bit like football though, got in the way of a perfectly decent session.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-09-2018, 03:15 PM
Knife,fork and five paper napkins for the burger ?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-09-2018, 03:16 PM

As far as I am concerned, winning/not winning the Europa and Wenger staying/going are mutually exclusive.

I would imagine all Arsenal fans should want Arsenal to win the Europa, shouldn't they?

Viva Prat Vegas
03-09-2018, 03:19 PM
Yes
It is a beautiful looking trophy which would be good to hold some flowers in

Luis Anaconda
03-09-2018, 03:20 PM

: proud : Good effort p

PSRB
03-09-2018, 03:22 PM
:proud: Good effort p

I'm just sat here remembering early advice. Look busy, say nothing and **** off at the earliest opportunity