PDA

View Full Version : Anyhow. Is there the remotest possibilty of scraping a dignified result tonight ?

7sisters
03-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Or is it a total lost cause. You just have the feeling we cannot possibly be this bad all of the time.
A creditable draw or an undeserved, oldskool style fudged win would give all a tremendous lift, no ?

PSRB
03-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Or is it a total lost cause. You just have the feeling we cannot possibly be this bad all of the time.
A creditable draw or an undeserved, oldskool style fudged win would give all a tremendous lift, no ?

I'm working on the basis that it must be the same as when we play a side on a big losing streak, you know they'll come good against us. We will win 3-1 tonight

Burney
03-08-2018, 12:55 PM

Hmmm. We're a bit sh1t, though, aren't we?

redgunamo
03-08-2018, 12:56 PM
I'm working on the basis that it must be the same as when we play a side on a big losing streak, you know they'll come good against us. We will win 3-1 tonight

Are we playing our first/best team now? If so, they ought to be terrified of us.

Monty92
03-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Hmmm. We're a bit sh1t, though, aren't we?

We're probably not as **** as recent games have suggested. Probably. :-|

PSRB
03-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Are we playing our first/best team now? If so, they ought to be terrified of us.

If only we had a proper centre forward :rubchin:

I'm still very upset we sold Giroud

PSRB
03-08-2018, 12:57 PM

We could do with scoring first, that would definitely help!

SWv2
03-08-2018, 12:58 PM

I am working on the basis that we cannot keep losing.

Not over optimistic all the same.

Burney
03-08-2018, 12:58 PM

We lost to Brighton & Hove Albion at the weekend, m. :-|

Monty92
03-08-2018, 12:59 PM

It's nice not to have the distraction of a top four fight, anyway. Hopefully we'll be nice and fresh.

Ash
03-08-2018, 01:03 PM

I think we can keep losing. I doubt we could even beat Barnet at the moment. and they're proper shyte.

redgunamo
03-08-2018, 01:04 PM
It's nice not to have the distraction of a top four fight, anyway. Hopefully we'll be nice and fresh.

That "distraction" was like a trophy, M :-(

SWv2
03-08-2018, 01:06 PM

Indeed a remarkably pragmatic way to look upon things.

There was a superb line in one of the media last week as we prepared to play City (the league match) as the journalist suggested we may have a foot in the game as we were more mentally used to playing on Thursdays.

I thought that was quite brilliant as straw clutching goes.

Turned out to be quite valid as well for about 12 minutes.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-08-2018, 01:06 PM

I am now so desperate to get the post Wenger era under way that I want us on the end of a total rout. When the old tit goes we will enter at least a decade of mediocrity so if he hangs on for another five years I might not live to see us ever win the Champions League

redgunamo
03-08-2018, 01:07 PM
:hehe: Even after we've just spent a hundert million quid on world class strikers

:-|

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2018, 01:07 PM

On the plus side he's done **** all for Chelsea so far

SWv2
03-08-2018, 01:08 PM

This

^^^^^^^^

IUFG
03-08-2018, 01:24 PM

rubbish...

he scored that goal against, erm, Hull in the cup.

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2018, 01:34 PM
rubbish...

he scored that goal against, erm, Hull in the cup.
Pah - he got two when we played them

PSRB
03-08-2018, 01:35 PM
:hehe: Even after we've just spent a hundert million quid on world class strikers

:-|

1. Excellent Plan B, which we now don't have
2. Held the ball up well
3. Some of his link up play in the final 3rd was never truly appreciated
4. Very handsome man

Rich
03-08-2018, 01:36 PM

If we hadn't then we'd never have got Boomerang. And let's face it - we need him as Lacazette isn't really what we'd hoped.

IUFG
03-08-2018, 01:36 PM
2. Held the ball up well
4. Very handsome man

5. Preening ****

redgunamo
03-08-2018, 01:37 PM

Indeed. He's playing for them in my FIFA game just now, as it happens

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/28951162_221266455090550_8907650000243130368_n.jpg ?oh=1c1cbf04b6fc6f7beddb30b3b46e69ad&oe=5B0DB98C

Ash
03-08-2018, 01:38 PM
2. Held the ball up well
4. Very handsome man

Wasn't he a link in the chain of the Boomerang deal though? I'm sure PEA will come good when he gets a proper team around him. If he hasn't grown old by then. :-|

SWv2
03-08-2018, 01:38 PM
2. Held the ball up well
4. Very handsome man

Five words for you pal:

Daniel Nii Tackie Mensah Welbeck

IUFG
03-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Five words for you pal:

:sigh: Now, I like Danny, but . . .

Ash
03-08-2018, 01:40 PM
5. Preening ****

:hehe:

6. Ritual of Despair

SWv2
03-08-2018, 01:41 PM
:sigh: Now, I like Danny, but . . .

Everybody likes Danny but everybody now realises he needs about 17 chances before he scores 1 which let's be hones, is not ideal.

redgunamo
03-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Five words for you pal:

I don't think that's awfully funny, SW :-|

Rich
03-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Everybody likes Danny but everybody now realises he needs about 17 chances before he scores 1 which let's be hones, is not ideal.

I'VE JUST SEEN THE GAME KICKS OFF 18:00. What sort of tomfoolery is this?

Fair enough kicking off at silly times against Sweden on plastic pitches. But against AC Milan.

I hate the UEL.

IUFG
03-08-2018, 01:43 PM
Five words for you pal:

here he is displaying all the qualities of his future self. He should have been a defender, perfect for Arsenal tbf (20s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf9SOUOiNHQ

Rich
03-08-2018, 01:44 PM
here he is displaying all the qualities of his future self. He should have been a defender, perfect for Arsenal tbf (20s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf9SOUOiNHQ

He'd probably make a pretty good RWB, tbh.

SWv2
03-08-2018, 01:46 PM
I'VE JUST SEEN THE GAME KICKS OFF 18:00. What sort of tomfoolery is this?

Fair enough kicking off at silly times against Sweden on plastic pitches. But against AC Milan.

I hate the UEL.

Pardon, what is this all about Dick?

You ****.

redgunamo
03-08-2018, 01:47 PM
He'd probably make a pretty good RWB, tbh.

Right. Anything that doesn't emphasise his goal-scoring issues, but rather concentrates on his strengths.

SWv2
03-08-2018, 01:49 PM
Right. Anything that doesn't emphasise his goal-scoring issues, but rather concentrates on his strengths.

Generally assumed to be a nice bloke?

Tbh I am not even sure why he got that reputation.

Tony C
03-08-2018, 01:49 PM
Milan should be ashamed of themselves if they lose.

However...there is a chance that the slower build up play of a mid table SerieA side might revive some of our more brain dead types like Xhaka, Mustafi and Welbeck.

Would like to see us go 442 tonight with iwobi and Reece Nelson on the wings (Reece on the left so he can cut in and take shots) and with Welbeck and Nketiah up front.

No Ozil...Gatuso will have a plan for him and I suspect after the first few tackles go in he will down tools and disappear.

Rich
03-08-2018, 01:50 PM

I think from his lovely smile and smart appearance.

In addition to the above, I'd note that he is quite a specimen, can run quickly & has good stamina.

barrybueno
03-08-2018, 01:51 PM
I am now so desperate to get the post Wenger era under way that I want us on the end of a total rout. When the old tit goes we will enter at least a decade of mediocrity so if he hangs on for another five years I might not live to see us ever win the Champions League

Sorry to break it to you H but Arsenal will never win the CL in your lifetime. If they couldn't win it with the teams Wenger put together in his first 10 odd years then they can forget it now.

Although it is a cup competition and as such can be fluked (every English team to win it has proved this) Not Arsenal though, they don't seem to fluke things like the others.

Rich
03-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Pardon, what is this all about Dick?

You ****.

Uefa. Europa. League.

Did I really have to spell that out for you?

Viva Prat Vegas
03-08-2018, 01:53 PM
LA "On the plus side he's done **** all for Chelsea so far"

I am banking and possibly praying that his first meaningful contribution in a Chelsea shirt will be to score the winner against Spursy in the FA Cup Final

redgunamo
03-08-2018, 01:54 PM

Oh, he's a decent footballer. Just not a top striker in a million years. And he has a nice smile.

As a local, home-grown, lifelong Manchester United fan, it would've broken Ferguson's heart (?) to have to recommend that he be sold. Which shows how sub-standard he is.

Ash
Sorry to break it to you H but Arsenal will never win the CL in your lifetime. If they couldn't win it with the teams Wenger put together in his first 10 odd years then they can forget it now.

Although it is a cup competition and as such can be fluked (every English team to win it has proved this) Not Arsenal though, they don't seem to fluke things like the others.

Quite right, Barry. I actually started to write something similar but I got my words tangled and couldn't be bothered to sort it out.

In short: Arsenal will never win the European Cup in our lifetime.

IUFG
Milan should be ashamed of themselves if they lose.

indeed. The blue away kit tonight... :cry:

SWv2
03-08-2018, 02:04 PM
Oh, he's a decent footballer. Just not a top striker in a million years. And he has a nice smile.

As a local, home-grown, lifelong Manchester United fan, it would've broken Ferguson's heart (?) to have to recommend that he be sold. Which shows how sub-standard he is.

I know you are by definition a good man however I think you are being extremely generous in your analysis of Ferguson the caring person as opposed to Ferguson the ultra professional football manager.

Fúck all to do with breaking his heart I expect he realised DW was never ever going to be a player good enough to play for one of the perceived elite clubs in the PL and on that basis recommended he be shipped out as soon as was possible.

As any professional football manager should.

Such as van Gaal, who actually sold him.

redgunamo
03-08-2018, 02:10 PM
I know you are by definition a good man however I think you are being extremely generous in your analysis of Ferguson the caring person as opposed to Ferguson the ultra professional football manager.

Fúck all to do with breaking his heart I expect he realised DW was never ever going to be a player good enough to play for one of the perceived elite clubs in the PL and on that basis recommended he be shipped out as soon as was possible.

As any professional football manager should.

Such as van Gaal, who actually sold him.

That's what I mean; he'd been there since a child and everyone loves a homegrown, or "one of our own", as they call it nowadays, player scoring the goals that win you trophies. I ought to have said "broken his heart footballistically" maybe.