PDA

View Full Version : You have to wonder just how low the entry critera has to be deployed by Fifa

7sisters
03-08-2018, 12:06 PM
as a goal line official. How those utter morons missed the Juve pen claim and perhaps, in the balance of fairness, Son, having his shirt held and pulled about for an age ?
Both of those officials were facing the infringements from all of about 5 metres away.. :homer:

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2018, 12:07 PM
as a goal line official. How those utter morons missed the Juve pen claim and perhaps, in the balance of fairness, Son, having his shirt held and pulled about for an age ?
Both of those officials were facing the infringements from all of about 5 metres away.. :homer:

And what did they say to the referee?

7sisters
03-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Well, Who knows. But it seems to prove that these appointments are a complete waste of space.

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Well, Who knows. But it seems to prove that these appointments are a complete waste of space.

Why does it prove that?

7sisters
03-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Because both officials failed dismally to either, witness/ identify, two glaringly obvious infractions taking place right in front of them. Or, the Ref chose to ignore them. Either way, waste of space. :judge:

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Because both officials failed dismally to either, witness/ identify, two glaringly obvious infractions taking place right in front of them. Or, the Ref chose to ignore them. Either way, waste of space. :judge:

What about all the other matches they've officiated in?

PSRB
03-08-2018, 12:41 PM
What about all the other matches they've officiated in?

They are a bit ****, la.

7sisters
03-08-2018, 12:44 PM
They are a bit ****, la.

Indeed. A sort of pointless, top heavy layer of admin that appeases no one. I don't have LA's remarkable powers of recall but I've seen quite a few incidents over the years where these chaps have remained largely impotent in terms of officiating. I shall not be changing my position on this one :-)

PSRB
03-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Indeed. A sort of pointless, top heavy layer of admin that appeases no one. I don't have LA's remarkable powers of recall but I've seen quite a few incidents over the years where these chaps have remained largely impotent in terms of officiating. I shall not be changing my position on this one :-)

I can also remember one of them giving a penalty against us for absolutely bugger all. Waste of space, imo

redgunamo
03-08-2018, 12:51 PM

In a way, yes, but everyone wanted professional refs so the authorities put alot of money into training lots of them up, only to discover that there wasn't really enough football to go around. So they had to find something, anything for them to do :shrug:

Ash
03-08-2018, 01:07 PM
In a way, yes, but everyone wanted professional refs so the authorities put alot of money into training lots of them up, only to discover that there wasn't really enough football to go around. So they had to find something, anything for them to do :shrug:

No, they should have lots of refs to reduce the number of matches that indiduals referee, so as to reduce the possibility of hypothetically corrupt individuals having a major impact on the game. And those who think that there is not, and has never been, corruption in football are mistaken. From major European leagues to World Cups, corruption is a matter of historical record.

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2018, 01:08 PM
tbh I agree 7, I was just being a ****. They were a sop to Fifa's intransigence on the whole technology thing. One of the ****ers got Kos sent off last year though

redgunamo
03-08-2018, 01:13 PM
No, they should have lots of refs to reduce the number of matches that indiduals referee, so as to reduce the possibility of hypothetically corrupt individuals having a major impact on the game. And those who think that there is not, and has never been, corruption in football are mistaken. From major European leagues to World Cups, corruption is a matter of historical record.

What difference would that make, if they're all corrupt?

Ash
03-08-2018, 01:32 PM
What difference would that make, if they're all corrupt?

What difference does it make? Did you see this?:

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?604590-So-farewell-then-New-Musical-Express&p=4201680&viewfull=1#post4201680

None, if they are all corrupt but such a measure would be working from the standpoint that they're not.

PSRB
03-08-2018, 01:33 PM
tbh I agree 7, I was just being a ****. They were a sop to Fifa's intransigence on the whole technology thing. One of the ****ers got Kos sent off last year though

That's the one!! ****ers!

redgunamo
03-08-2018, 02:11 PM
What difference does it make? Did you see this?:

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?604590-So-farewell-then-New-Musical-Express&p=4201680&viewfull=1#post4201680

None, if they are all corrupt but such a measure would be working from the standpoint that they're not.

That's brilliant! It seems the hammer may be finally on its way down #LockThemAllUp

Ash
03-08-2018, 02:24 PM
That's brilliant! It seems the hammer may be finally on its way down #LockThemAllUp

Really? I'd lost interest in recent weeks tbh. As the exposure of the FBI/DOJ interfering with the election and attempting a coup didn't seem to register as a scandal I assumed that nothing would ever change. #LongLiveTheSwamp

Unless you mean the 'Hillary tape'. They can't show it and it's being called a fake anyway.