PDA

View Full Version : International Women’s Day

Tony C
03-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Been told all staff have to attend a webinar at 12pm to celebrate the importance of women’s rights, gender equality and to listen to some of our senior female leaders on their inspirational journeys.

:-|

Anywon else having to undergo similar brainwashing?

Kind of worried about the direction my company is taking...just seems like a matter of time before I get passed over for promotion because they need to fill the role with a woman.

Sir C
03-08-2018, 09:55 AM
Been told all staff have to attend a webinar at 12pm to celebrate the importance of women’s rights, gender equality and to listen to some of our senior female leaders on their inspirational journeys.

Kind of worried about the direction my company is taking...just seems like a matter of time before I get passed over for promotion because they need to fill the role with a woman.

Just tell them you now identify as a woman, t. :shrug: You get to have a go on the lesbonians, as well.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-08-2018, 09:58 AM

Isn't that discrimination?

Burney
03-08-2018, 09:59 AM
Just tell them you now identify as a woman, t. :shrug: You get to have a go on the lesbonians, as well.

Who'd want a go on lezzers, though? :-(

Sir C
03-08-2018, 10:00 AM

I'm mad for 'em. Not the dungaree wons. The nice wons like in them films.

Monty92
03-08-2018, 10:04 AM

The modern day feminism movement and its assorted band of useful idiots has singularly increased my suspicion, contempt and general ill-feeling towards women.

So well done chicks - you've pulled a blinder there.

Tony C
03-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Isn't that discrimination?

I have raised this with a couple of guys in senior positions only to be told I’m being paranoid :shrug:

Let’s see whose paranoid when there’s a lawsuit on their hands because of this sort of nonesense...no doubt the tribunal will be all women!

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-08-2018, 10:23 AM

It depends on the lezzers..... but female bi-s are definitely the way forward.

PSRB
03-08-2018, 10:43 AM

Seems to be a weekly event, currently

Our company has set up a whole Women at Work thing.

Of course, I don't see any of the chaps doing 3 or 4 day weeks.........

Burney
03-08-2018, 10:53 AM

I had to listen to yet another piece on the Today programme this morning that unquestioningly accepted the idea that there is a meaningful gender pay gap in this country. Despite the fact that this has been repeatedly debunked.

PSRB
03-08-2018, 10:56 AM
I had to listen to yet another piece on the Today programme this morning that unquestioningly accepted the idea that there is a meaningful gender pay gap in this country. Despite the fact that this has been repeatedly debunked.

WPP had to do a whole thing on it across the entire company, on average across every position the split was something around 54/46. As I was at pains to point out, we get the opportunity to negotiate when we start, so perhaps women are just **** at negotiating but even so we're still pretty even.

Tony C
03-08-2018, 12:02 PM
Well I’m off to my brainwashing session.

Unfortunately they will know if I don’t attend the webinar.

Might load of PokerStars on my iPad :shrug:

SWv2
03-08-2018, 12:07 PM
The whole things is a fúcking nonsense.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-08-2018, 01:33 PM
Has Antonia C come back from the winebar yet ?

Rich
03-08-2018, 01:39 PM

Why don't you start a 'white men in the workplace' (give it a nice, snappy name) committee?

Pokster
03-08-2018, 01:49 PM

Just say you went to a woman's prison t, they wouldn't dare turn their back on you

SWv2
03-08-2018, 02:05 PM
Just say you went to a woman's prison t, they wouldn't dare turn their back on you

Probably best to keep the whole "Prison" thing on the back burner in a work environment P.

Tony C
04-04-2018, 11:45 AM
According to the BBC website the company I work pays women 32.9% more than men.

Can’t wait for my pay rise imo

Pokster
04-04-2018, 11:50 AM
According to the BBC website the company I work pays women 32.9% more than men.

Can’t wait for my pay rise imo

Prostitution?

Peter
04-04-2018, 12:59 PM
WPP had to do a whole thing on it across the entire company, on average across every position the split was something around 54/46. As I was at pains to point out, we get the opportunity to negotiate when we start, so perhaps women are just **** at negotiating but even so we're still pretty even.

Some of us are under the false impression that when they discuss the gap in gender pay they are talking about men and women getting paid different sums for the same, or equivalent, roles. I am afraid this is not the case.

For larger companies we are talking a flat comparison including the CEO and the cleaners. If men get paid more than women you get to choose which crime you are committing: either (a) you pay men more you sexist ****s! or (b) you dont promote women you sexist ****s!

Obviously if women get paid more there is no issue, even though the actual law on equality doesnt protect women, it protects the characteristic of gender...... still, that is just the law isnt it...what does that matter??

Monty92
04-04-2018, 02:26 PM
Some of us are under the false impression that when they discuss the gap in gender pay they are talking about men and women getting paid different sums for the same, or equivalent, roles. I am afraid this is not the case.

For larger companies we are talking a flat comparison including the CEO and the cleaners. If men get paid more than women you get to choose which crime you are committing: either (a) you pay men more you sexist ****s! or (b) you dont promote women you sexist ****s!

Obviously if women get paid more there is no issue, even though the actual law on equality doesnt protect women, it protects the characteristic of gender...... still, that is just the law isnt it...what does that matter??

What are you talking about? The Guardian has made it abundantly clear here with actual scientific data that women are effectively forced to work for free.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/ng-interactive/2018/apr/04/gender-pay-gap-when-does-your-company-stop-paying-women-in-2018