Burney
03-07-2018, 03:16 PM
Online only now.

Meh. :shrug:

Sir C
03-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Online only now.

Meh. :shrug:

A load of pretentious art student wánk, b. Back in its 80s heyday, anyway.

It almost ruined my teenage years. :-(

Burney
03-07-2018, 03:28 PM

By making you like The Smiths, you mean?

Sir C
03-07-2018, 03:30 PM
By making you like The Smiths, you mean?

By telling me that I was supposed to like The Smiths and loads of other tuneless, pretentious, art student shít.

It took me until I was 17 to realise that the fault wasn't with me, but with them.

Burney
03-07-2018, 03:43 PM
By telling me that I was supposed to like The Smiths and loads of other tuneless, pretentious, art student shít.

It took me until I was 17 to realise that the fault wasn't with me, but with them.

Hmmm. Well I'm not sure that's for you to judge, really.

Sir C
03-07-2018, 03:45 PM
Hmmm. Well I'm not sure that's for you to judge, really.

Perhaps. Perhaps it would be more accuare to say that it took me until 17 to become adult enough to realise that the opinions of others are of no consequence to me. Particularly the sort of people who champion The Smiths.

Burney
03-07-2018, 03:57 PM
Perhaps. Perhaps it would be more accuare to say that it took me until 17 to become adult enough to realise that the opinions of others are of no consequence to me. Particularly the sort of people who champion The Smiths.

The Smiths were ace, so bumholes to you! :p

redgunamo
03-07-2018, 04:14 PM

Poor bugger. I blame the parents :-(

Ash
03-07-2018, 04:16 PM
Whether the Smiths were any good or not is, of course, a matter of taste and opinion. In my universe they might have been quite good had that complete pillock not been their singer.

And I never felt under any pressure from that corrupt and pretentious rag to like or dislike anything on their say so. I only ever really read the letter from John Connolly, New Barnet at the end each week anyway.

Burney
03-07-2018, 04:20 PM
Whether the Smiths were any good or not is, of course, a matter of taste and opinion. In my universe they might have been quite good had that complete pillock not been their singer.

And I never felt under any pressure from that corrupt and pretentious rag to like or dislike anything on their say so. I only ever really read the letter from John Connolly, New Barnet at the end each week anyway.

Well, no. Because without Morrissey, they wouldn't have been The Smiths. They'd have been Johnny Marr and some other cvnt. And that's never worked out particularly well if you ask me.

Ash
03-07-2018, 04:25 PM
Well, no. Because without Morrissey, they wouldn't have been The Smiths. They'd have been Johnny Marr and some other cvnt. And that's never worked out particularly well if you ask me.

But the world would have been a better place because I wouldn't have that self-obssessed wobbly-voiced cùnt's vocal in my head RIGHT NOW. :-(

Burney
03-07-2018, 04:28 PM
But the world would have been a better place because I wouldn't have that self-obssessed wobbly-voiced cùnt's vocal in my head RIGHT NOW. :-(

You love it, you slag!

Morrissey is a unique gift to popular music.

redgunamo
03-07-2018, 04:35 PM
You love it, you slag!

Yes, and he's friends with Pamela Anderson. You have to respect that.

7sisters
03-07-2018, 04:39 PM
You love it, you slag!

I was listening to the guitar instrumental on Radioheads, knives out, the other day. The bit at the end where Yorke stops his suicidal wailing. A very Smiths type passage of music.

Sir C
03-07-2018, 04:41 PM

It's all so fey, though. So revoltingly wishy-washy. Rock n roll is supposed to be angry. It's supposed to be powerful. It's supposed to scream truth into your head, not mince around waving a fúcking flower about.

I'd love to see a fight between Ronnie Van Zandt and Morrissey. No rules. Ronnie would rip his unused Mancunian dick off.

Burney
03-07-2018, 04:45 PM
It's all so fey, though. So revoltingly wishy-washy. Rock n roll is supposed to be angry. It's supposed to be powerful. It's supposed to scream truth into your head, not mince around waving a fúcking flower about.

I'd love to see a fight between Ronnie Van Zandt and Morrissey. No rules. Ronnie would rip his unused Mancunian dick off.

Who said anything about Rock and Roll? It's popular music. Rock and Roll is just a narrow stratum of popular music beloved of people who can't dance.

Burney
03-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Yes, and he's friends with Pamela Anderson. You have to respect that.

Well they're both tiresome vegabores, aren't they?

redgunamo
03-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Well they're both tiresome vegabores, aren't they?

Oh, I wouldn't know about that :titsup:

Sir C
03-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Who said anything about Rock and Roll? It's popular music. Rock and Roll is just a narrow stratum of popular music beloved of people who can't dance.

:hehe: You're so gay sometimes.

redgunamo
03-07-2018, 04:52 PM

:nod: Birds in micro-skirts and stilettos and boob-tubes randomly gyrating away on the dancefloor. Superb.

Chief Arrowhead
03-07-2018, 07:51 PM

So, what difference does it May-ee-ake? Oh-ho-oh

Done a recent revisit of the 1978-81ish era. You'd be hard pressed to find better than Pretenders, imo. Early early stuff. Refreshing to listen to a female singer so unashamedly heterosexual.

redgunamo
03-07-2018, 08:22 PM

Done a recent revisit of the 1978-81ish era. You'd be hard pressed to find better than Pretenders, imo. Early early stuff. Refreshing to listen to a female singer so unashamedly heterosexual.

Agreed, Chief. Loved Chrissie Hynde since school.

SWv2
03-08-2018, 10:20 AM

As a pre-internet teenager and then early 20s music obsessed it was quite essential reading to be fair.

If only to find out as and when bands toured.

Peter
03-08-2018, 11:42 AM

They used to take the piss out of Bruce and say that all his songs were about cars and girls.

****ers.

SWv2
03-08-2018, 11:43 AM
They used to take the piss out of Bruce and say that all his songs were about cars and girls.

****ers.

They probably still do / did.

Bruce is more Mojo or Uncut material I would think.

Burney
03-08-2018, 11:44 AM
They probably still do / did.

Bruce is more Mojo or Uncut material I would think.

To be fair, quite a lot of his songs are about cars and girls.

Ash
03-08-2018, 12:10 PM

What difference does it make?

Have you seen this, Chief? You'll love it. A fine piece of work, whatever one's political affiliations.

https://youtu.be/WIARMMtUdZQ?t=8s

Peter
03-08-2018, 01:22 PM
To be fair, quite a lot of his songs are about cars and girls.

They refer to cars and sometimes girls. They are not really about either.