PDA

View Full Version : So, it would appear that far from causing nuclear armaggedon as

Sir C
03-06-2018, 03:48 PM
promised by the lefty intelligentsia, Trump's robust attitude to North Korea has brought them to the negotiating table.

:hehe: What a bunch of silly-billies the snowflakes are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs

redgunamo
03-06-2018, 04:00 PM
promised by the lefty intelligentsia, Trump's robust attitude to North Korea has brought them to the negotiating table.

Too late for that, I'm afraid; they're just playing for time. The season for banter has passed and our next move will be proper ****housery.

Echoing your mum, the Donald has stated we are ready to go hard in either direction.

Burney
03-06-2018, 04:06 PM

Yes. It's almost as though appeasement encourages aggressors to be more aggressive, isn't it? If only there had been any salutary examples of this phenomenon in recent history from which people could have learned.

Peter
03-06-2018, 04:51 PM
Yes. It's almost as though appeasement encourages aggressors to be more aggressive, isn't it? If only there had been any salutary examples of this phenomenon in recent history from which people could have learned.

Its not really the same though is it.... and marching into other people's countries on suspicion that they may possess weapons hasn't worked out terribly well in more recent examples.

That leaves just dumping a load of nukes on them, which might come across as a little extreme.

redgunamo
03-06-2018, 05:01 PM
Its not really the same though is it.... and marching into other people's countries on suspicion that they may possess weapons hasn't worked out terribly well in more recent examples.

That leaves just dumping a load of nukes on them, which might come across as a little extreme.

Perhaps the idea is that the Chinese and/or the Russians ought to do the marching, not us. Either way, the Norks are about this close to having a proper capability, so there's really nothing left for us to talk to them about.

Peter
03-06-2018, 05:04 PM
Perhaps the idea is that the Chinese and/or the Russians ought to do the marching, not us. Either way, the Norks are about this close to having a proper capability, so there's really nothing left for us to talk to them about.

Well either you are in the arms business or you are not. :)

SWv2
03-06-2018, 05:06 PM

Don't fúcking talk to me about snowflakes.

Peter
03-06-2018, 05:07 PM
Don't fúcking talk to me about snowflakes.

Is it a bit snowy where you are then?

Burney
03-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Is it a bit snowy where you are then?

They’re even less used to it than we are, p. Quite rare, snow in Dublin.

redgunamo
03-06-2018, 06:01 PM
Well either you are in the arms business or you are not. :)

Precisely. Nobody minds a homicidal maniac dictator, what we do strongly object to though is a cheapskate one.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-06-2018, 11:09 PM

Nothing to do with the Olympics, B. Just keep thinking like a white, first world Anglophone as opposed to like, I dunno, a Korean.

I mean, before the WO, all 3 group were arguing more than ever after 1 yr of Trump. After WO, all is sweet.

Must be Trump.

Where were the WO again? Was it in Washington, DC? Must have been, cos it's all down to Trump.

03-06-2018, 11:10 PM

If you're applying that statement to the 1930s, it really shows you know the best part of jack **** about the causes of WW2.

redgunamo
03-07-2018, 08:44 AM
If you're applying that statement to the 1930s, it really shows you know the best part of jack **** about the causes of WW2.

The causes are certainly endlessly debatable. At least, many Germans have made B's same point to me, over the years; essentially rebuking us for not intervening sooner to nip the thing in the bud.

redgunamo
03-07-2018, 08:47 AM
Nothing to do with the Olympics, B. Just keep thinking like a white, first world Anglophone as opposed to like, I dunno, a Korean.

I mean, before the WO, all 3 group were arguing more than ever after 1 yr of Trump. After WO, all is sweet.

Must be Trump.

Where were the WO again? Was it in Washington, DC? Must have been, cos it's all down to Trump.

In fairness to the Donald, he was handed a proper hospital pass there. Not sure what else he could do.

redgunamo
03-07-2018, 09:21 AM

:nod: Waste of time negotiating with the Little Rocket Man; we will do what has to be done, as the man said.

03-07-2018, 03:04 PM
The causes are certainly endlessly debatable. At least, many Germans have made B's same point to me, over the years; essentially rebuking us for not intervening sooner to nip the thing in the bud.

Not at the academic level. The Stufenplanners have won the argument. Not Versailles, not appeasement, all down to Adolf's loony stufen (step-by-step) plan to risk national destruction of a war of global domination that he described in his two books (2nd unpublished) in the '20s.

ww2 = Stufenplan.
ww1 = Fischer thesis.

No need to thank me.

Burney
03-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Not at the academic level. The Stufenplanners have won the argument. Not Versailles, not appeasement, all down to Adolf's loony stufen (step-by-step) plan to risk national destruction of a war of global domination that he described in his two books (2nd unpublished) in the '20s.

ww2 = Stufenplan.
ww1 = Fischer thesis.

No need to thank me.

:hehe: I do find the way historians act as though theorising is a zero-sum game very funny.

Sir C
03-07-2018, 03:13 PM

ww2 = Stufenplan.
ww1 = Fischer thesis.

No need to thank me.

You do express a most touching faith in academe, g.

By the time you've got your knees brown you will come to appreciate that daft lads who've spent their whole lives at school have learnt the square root of fúck all.

University of Life. School of Hard Knocks. That's where you want to take your learning.

Burney
03-07-2018, 03:21 PM

By the time you've got your knees brown you will come to appreciate that daft lads who've spent their whole lives at school have learnt the square root of fúck all.

University of Life. School of Hard Knocks. That's where you want to take your learning.

My uncle (God rest his soul) was your actual professor of your actual modern history in one of the biggest universities in the British Isles. I once saw a seagull sh1t on his head and he rubbed it in, thinking it was a raindrop.

Make of that what you will.

Sir C
03-07-2018, 03:25 PM
My uncle (God rest his soul) was your actual professor of your actual modern history in one of the biggest universities in the British Isles. I once saw a seagull sh1t on his head and he rubbed it in, thinking it was a raindrop.

Make of that what you will.

There you go. You can't trust 'em, b. That's why I don't believe scientists or doctors either.

redgunamo
03-09-2018, 09:34 AM

Right. The money's better too.