PDA

View Full Version : Mustafi

IUFG
03-06-2018, 11:45 AM
Lee Dixon ...

""Wenger recruited some great players Kolo Toure, Sol, Thierry Henry. But Mustafi?

"I spoke to Gary Neville who said Valencia couldn't give him away.

"Then Arsenal came along and paid £30m for him."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/full-transcript-lee-dixons-scathing-12134595

Sir C
03-06-2018, 11:48 AM
Lee Dixon ...

""Wenger recruited some great players Kolo Toure, Sol, Thierry Henry. But Mustafi?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/full-transcript-lee-dixons-scathing-12134595

I've read other quotes from this meeting suggesting Dixon claims that Wenger didn't do any coaching and that his success was down to inheriting George Graham's team. So it all sounds like a load of old cóck.

redgunamo
03-06-2018, 12:01 PM
I've read other quotes from this meeting suggesting Dixon claims that Wenger didn't do any coaching and that his success was down to inheriting George Graham's team. So it all sounds like a load of old cóck.

I think the term "coaching" must just mean different things to different people.

It's like with dogs: Folk say to me, Why don't your hounds return to you when asked. I reply, Because it's not their job.

"Why don't you train them then?"

"Because they're perfectly well-trained already. Why doesn't your labrador run 70km/h and catch hare? Why don't you train it then?

IUFG
03-06-2018, 12:03 PM

Boro Primorac does the coaching innit.

Just what does Arsene do? :rubchin:

Sir C
03-06-2018, 12:03 PM
I think the term "coaching" must just mean different things to different people.

It's like with dogs: Folk say to me, Why don't your hounds return to you when asked. I reply, Because it's not their job.

"Why don't you train them then?"

"Because they're perfectly well-trained already. Why doesn't your labrador run 70km/h and catch hare? Why don't you train it then?

What exactly do you have against hares, r? What did the hares do to you?

redgunamo
03-06-2018, 12:06 PM
What exactly do you have against hares, r? What did the hares do to you?

Nothing. To the contrary, I'm the biggest hare fan you could ever care to know.

Luis Anaconda
03-06-2018, 12:12 PM
Lee Dixon ...

And yet Joachim Löw, current manager of the World Champions and one of the favourites to be next manager of Real Madrid, rates him very highly. Of course, you could go with Neville's opinion

Yesterday Once More
03-06-2018, 12:16 PM
But Lee's comments imply that Mustafi represents a blip in Wenger's transfer activity. Although he is nowhere near good enough he is better than many centre-backs that he has signed: this is the man who gave us Silvestre, Stepanovs and Squiddly-Diddly (among other complete duffers).

I'd put Mustafi among the better ones he's treated us to: Cygan, Willie Gallas (post chav), Gabriel on a good day, Senderos......probably a touch below Vermaalen.

Yet none of those would get into any of the other top teams.

IUFG
03-06-2018, 12:17 PM
And yet Joachim Löw, current manager of the World Champions and one of the favourites to be next manager of Real Madrid, rates him very highly. Of course, you could go with Neville's opinion

Or Dixon's...

Indeed. But there is something very wrong with Mustafi's performances in an Arsenal shirt..

Ash
03-06-2018, 12:19 PM
But Lee's comments imply that Mustafi represents a blip in Wenger's transfer activity. Although he is nowhere near good enough he is actually better than many centre-backs that he has signed: this is the man who gave us Silvestre, Stepanovs and Squiddly-Diddly (among other complete duffers).

I think Squiddly-Diddly was actually quite good before he came to Arsenal.

redgunamo
03-06-2018, 12:25 PM

Over-rated, I reckon. Even Gary Neville would win the World Cup with Germany. And Jogi won't survive his first contract at Real Madrid.

He should come to us instead :nod:

redgunamo
03-06-2018, 12:27 PM
New Arsenal Slogan: We don't make good players, we break 'em!

I think Squiddly-Diddly was actually quite good before he came to Arsenal.

Rich
03-06-2018, 12:34 PM
Over-rated, I reckon. Even Gary Neville would win the World Cup with Germany. And Jogi won't survive his first contract at Real Madrid.

He should come to us instead :nod:

I'd prefer Simeone as he'll bring Griezmann with him :cloud9:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-06-2018, 12:39 PM
New Arsenal Slogan: We don't make good players, we break 'em!

We should start buying the extended warranty

Burney
03-06-2018, 12:40 PM

I do not like Simeone. He's thuggish and brutish - like one of the baddies in a Caravaggio painting.

IUFG
03-06-2018, 12:50 PM
I do not like Simeone. He's thuggish and brutish - like one of the baddies in a Caravaggio painting.

therefore, perfect for breaking our pansy culture

Burney
03-06-2018, 12:52 PM

There are limits, iufg. Simeone does not have a kind face. Is a kind face too much to ask?

IUFG
03-06-2018, 01:00 PM
There are limits, iufg. Simeone does not have a kind face. Is a kind face too much to ask?

A kind face won't have Ozil cowering in the corner of the shower room, b.

Ash
03-06-2018, 01:10 PM
A kind face won't have Ozil cowering in the corner of the shower room, b.

:nod: I think we should get Tony Pulis in to take off all his clothes and shout at them.

SWv2
03-06-2018, 01:20 PM

Wow - for a HR man that is pretty much studs up into the goolies of inflammatory and offensive comments.

SWv2
03-06-2018, 01:24 PM

You have obviously missed all the parts where AG has stated he will never sign for us because of previous perceived issues.

redgunamo
03-06-2018, 01:30 PM
You have obviously missed all the parts where AG has stated he will never sign for us because of previous perceived issues.

Never sign for us or never sign for Wenger? :rubchin:

IUFG
03-06-2018, 01:36 PM
Wow - for a HR man that is pretty much studs up into the goolies of inflammatory and offensive comments.

that is not my professional view, sw.

If it was, I would word it very differently, to say the same thing but in an inclusive, respectful and diversity embracing way.
Which quite frankly, on here, I can't be arsed.

Ash
03-06-2018, 01:42 PM
that is not my professional view, sw.

If it was, I would word it very differently, to say the same thing but in an inclusive, respectful and diversity embracing way.
Which quite frankly, on here, I can't be arsed.

As in, our purple-tinged petal-based foliage culture associated with the family Viola.

IUFG
03-06-2018, 01:46 PM
As in, our purple-tinged petal-based foliage culture associated with the family Viola.

ty, a. I shall drop you a PM next time I need technical assistance in this area :thumbup:

Rich
03-06-2018, 01:49 PM

:nod: A culture of fear needs to be established at the club from top to bottom.

Rich
03-06-2018, 01:51 PM

I think we might sign this Dembele chap from Barca, though. He'll be reunited with HM and PEA. Also Munsilant found him so he must owe him something too.

7sisters
03-06-2018, 01:52 PM
Lee Dixon ...

Not to put to fine a point on it. Our defence has been utter dog shyte for years. Hopefully, Wenger will be gone soon and at the very least, the new chap might go about signing a few, as opposed to yet another front man.

IUFG
03-06-2018, 01:56 PM
Not to put to fine a point on it. Our defence has been utter dog shyte for years. Hopefully, Wenger will be gone soon and at the very least, the new chap might go about signing a few, as opposed to yet another front man.

Vincent Kompany is the man we need. A born leader, a rather decent defender and fúcking crocked more often than not.

Tony C
03-06-2018, 01:58 PM
We don’t need Griezeman.

Saul Niguez and Jan Oblak would do nicely.

My No1 target would be Denis Zakaria...google him.

Pokster
03-06-2018, 02:02 PM
I think we might sign this Dembele chap from Barca, though. He'll be reunited with HM and PEA. Also Munsilant found him so he must owe him something too.

I think you are talking ****e...but nothing new there when it comes to football

SWv2
03-06-2018, 02:08 PM

I think you need to look up the definition of reunited young Dick while also brushing up on your general knowledge vis a vs Bundesliga.

redgunamo
03-06-2018, 02:10 PM
Not to put to fine a point on it. Our defence has been utter dog shyte for years.

Leicester City won the league with Robert Huth and Wes Morgan at the back.