PDA

View Full Version : I am at the long boring bit of buying a flat

Pat Vegas
03-06-2018, 08:43 AM
Waiting waiting waiting.

But not getting to carried aways for redoing the kitchen in case it goes tits up.

The making an offer and negotiating bit was fun.

Now it’s all boring solicitors

Sir C
03-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Waiting waiting waiting.

But not getting to carried aways for redoing the kitchen in case it goes tits up.

The making an offer and negotiating bit was fun.

Well worth it. It's a lovely feeling when you move into the first house you own, rather than rent. :cloud9:

IUFG
03-06-2018, 09:21 AM

Noisy people get dealt with by solicitors. Keep in touch with them, at least twice a week, to keep your file moving up the in tray. :thumbup:

It'll go quietly then be a whirlwind at the end.

Pokster
03-06-2018, 09:50 AM
Well worth it. It's a lovely feeling when you move into the first house you own, rather than rent. :cloud9:

And you end up paying less for the mortgage than you did in rent :cloud9: Not that I rented (apart from a 6mth period when I moved to London, but the company paid that), always owned since i was 20

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-06-2018, 10:13 AM

. . . . . . .

Sir C
03-06-2018, 10:14 AM
. . . . . . .

He owns it for 99 years, doesn't he? I'm not really sure how it works.

Luis Anaconda
03-06-2018, 10:21 AM
Noisy people get dealt with by solicitors. Keep in touch with them, at least twice a week, to keep your file moving up the in tray. :thumbup:

It'll go quietly then be a whirlwind at the end.

Almost lost out on my flat as my solicitor was dragging her heels. Best advice was exactly as you say - annoy the **** out of them and they'll prioritise you

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-06-2018, 11:24 AM

. . . . . . . . . . .

Pat Vegas
03-06-2018, 11:33 AM
Almost lost out on my flat as my solicitor was dragging her heels. Best advice was exactly as you say - annoy the **** out of them and they'll prioritise you

:nod: we've also put some deadlines we would like to wrap things up with due to holidays and the seller too.

Pat Vegas
03-06-2018, 11:36 AM
And you end up paying less for the mortgage than you did in rent :cloud9: Not that I rented (apart from a 6mth period when I moved to London, but the company paid that), always owned since i was 20

yeah my mortgage payment will be less than half what I pay in rent now. :cloud9:

Pat Vegas
03-06-2018, 11:38 AM

what a great country we live in.

Sir C
03-06-2018, 11:40 AM
what a great country we live in.

Apparently you need some grandchildren p. Perhaps why the solicitor is taking his time.

Burney
03-06-2018, 12:06 PM
yeah my mortgage payment will be less than half what I pay in rent now. :cloud9:

Yes, but wait until your boiler/central heating/washing machine/pipes/electricity, etc, etc, etc packs up and you end up having to shell out for the fùcker rather than calling the landlord. Then you won’t be so smug.

Luis Anaconda
03-06-2018, 12:07 PM
Yes, but wait until your boiler/central heating/washing machine/pipes/electricity, etc, etc, etc packs up and you end up having to shell out for the fùcker rather than calling the landlord. Then you won’t be so smug.

Wait til that happens and you are the landlord and you 800 miles away :(

Burney
03-06-2018, 12:12 PM

Solicitors are usually the sand in the KY Jelly during the house-buying process. This is in no small part because conveyancing is very much the remedial class of solicitoring, so they’re only doing it because they’re shít.

That said, we had a splendid gay Greek last time who was constantly in the ball and got shít done. Even then, the buyers’ solicitor almost fùcked it up by lying about having transferred the funds, buggering off to lunch and then informing us they knocked off at four on a Friday. Cùnts.

Pokster
03-06-2018, 12:14 PM

Or you could service them and keep them well maintained and you don't have to pay out :shrug:

Pat Vegas
03-06-2018, 12:16 PM

That's alright I'm ready for that stuff.

Sir C
03-06-2018, 12:21 PM

You’d prefer someone else to be responsible for your boiler? Is that you, Jeremy?

Ash
03-06-2018, 12:22 PM
Or you could service them and keep them well maintained and you don't have to pay out :shrug:

Yes because service contracts are free and are in no way designed to generate more revenue overall than call-outs.

British Gas slapped about £70 on top of the ~£200 a year for the second year of a new boiler. Phuck that.

Ash
03-06-2018, 12:23 PM
You’d prefer someone else to be responsible for your boiler? Is that you, Jeremy?

How is the boiler now, btw?

Sir C
03-06-2018, 12:25 PM
How is the boiler now, btw?

She’s had a cold for a week but she’s back at work now thanks a.

redgunamo
03-06-2018, 12:29 PM

No Spring chicken then?

Burney
03-06-2018, 12:32 PM

The only thing I service is your mum, p.

Burney
03-06-2018, 12:33 PM

Ah. The dread flu, is it? Poor girl. It's a rough old go, that one.

Pokster
03-06-2018, 12:38 PM
The only thing I service is your mum, p.

Then she has to get another man in to finish the job properly

Burney
03-06-2018, 12:46 PM

Not at all. I just think p needs to realise that there's more to home ownership than apparently lower housing costs.

Pokster
03-06-2018, 01:18 PM
Not at all. I just think p needs to realise that there's more to home ownership than apparently lower housing costs.

It's the fact you can decorate it how you like, nobody can demand to be let in at 24hrs notice, the fact you end up with an asset rather than flushing money down the drain.

Pat Vegas
03-06-2018, 02:08 PM
It's the fact you can decorate it how you like, nobody can demand to be let in at 24hrs notice, the fact you end up with an asset rather than flushing money down the drain.

:nod: and have a kitchen that is designed in a reasonable way.

anyway it's a initial investment it's not a place for the rest of our lives.

We got all the stuff for it already furniture and appliance wise. just need to buy a new fridge freezer.

Sir C
03-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Ah. The dread flu, is it? Poor girl. It's a rough old go, that one.

Just a heavy cold, I think. Well on the way to recovery now, ty b.