PDA

View Full Version : Just wait, we'll batter Milan now.

Sir C
03-05-2018, 09:10 AM
We're going to get gubbed.

Poor Arsene. I expect his successor is already lined up for the summer and he has agreed to hold the fort and take the flak until the end of the season. :-(

Billy Goat Sverige
03-05-2018, 09:13 AM

Poor Arsene. I expect his successor is already lined up for the summer and he has agreed to hold the fort and take the flak until the end of the season. :-(

Gattusso Can smell blood. He’s waiting to finish Arsene off.

IUFG
03-05-2018, 09:24 AM
I expect his successor is already lined up for the summer ...

it'll be the winkle fiddling, finger smelling Joachim Loew imo.

No Diego :cry:

Billy Goat Sverige
03-05-2018, 09:26 AM

I don’t think he will leave the Germany job. Why would he? Well paid, great squad, and he only has to work properly every few months.

redgunamo
03-05-2018, 09:36 AM
I don’t think he will leave the Germany job. Why would he? Well paid, great squad, and he only has to work properly every few months.

It won't be about money, I think, but he may want to test himself a bit? A fresh challenge and a' that.

Peter
03-05-2018, 09:39 AM

I will never understand why he signed another contract last summer. THis season was always going to be incredibly difficult and it is no surprise how it is turning out.

Sir C
03-05-2018, 09:43 AM
I will never understand why he signed another contract last summer. THis season was always going to be incredibly difficult and it is no surprise how it is turning out.

His chosen successor wasn't available, I suppose. Trust me, he has decided that the man to take his place is some lad you've never heard of currently coaching in the French 2nd division. He's going to come in in the summer and MAGA!

7sisters
03-05-2018, 09:43 AM
I think the old stoat is torn between doing the right thing and trousering another 8 mill. If he is going, an announcement would take away that annoying clutch of journos, all eager to banter him off after every defeat..

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-05-2018, 09:45 AM

I can understand why. He has no better offers and got a pay rise.

redgunamo
03-05-2018, 09:45 AM

He's just like anybody else; it's just work. It's not about success or failure, just work.

World's End Stella
03-05-2018, 09:47 AM

I think you may be under-estimating how stubborn and arrogant the man is, Peter.

It's the only way I can explain the decisions that an otherwise intelligent and knowledgeable man has taken over the past 5-6 years.

:shrug:

Just Trent
03-05-2018, 09:48 AM

Sean Dyche. The budget Diego.

Rich
03-05-2018, 09:49 AM

My view is that we’ve seen what happened at United post-Fergie and have learnt lessons about transitioning.

I think he was given a two year deal to manage that transition. We’ve seen phase one complete with a complete overhaul of the back room staff. Let them settle in and learn the club before Arsene goes. That way when a new man / woman comes in as head coach, they’ll be surrounded by people familiar with the running of the club.

Also, curiosly Arsene suggested that his positions would be reviewed at the end of this season. That tells me that the board have a plan to do it this summer, so long as the preferred candidate is available and Sanhelli / Minsilant / Fahmy are all settled in nicely.

Rich
03-05-2018, 09:51 AM
I think you may be under-estimating how stubborn and arrogant the man is, Peter.

It's the only way I can explain the decisions that an otherwise intelligent and knowledgeable man has taken over the past 5-6 years.

This is your opinion. You are not paid by the club to have an opinion so it’s best you keep it to yourself*

* - Arsene’s words, not mine.

Just Trent
03-05-2018, 09:55 AM
It won't be about money, I think, but he may want to test himself a bit? A fresh challenge and a' that.

Dropping into the prem after all those years away from club management, would certainly count as a challenge. I think he'd get eaten alive. Plus, I don't really like him. A little too similar to AW. If we're going to change, let's do it properly.

redgunamo
03-05-2018, 10:02 AM
Dropping into the prem after all those years away from club management, would certainly count as a challenge. I think he'd get eaten alive. Plus, I don't really like him. A little too similar to AW. If we're going to change, let's do it properly.

Agree 100%. The Premier League has never been too happy a place for Germans, in any case.

Just Trent
03-05-2018, 10:03 AM

:nod: I don't think he was ever even considering walking away last year. Just hanging on, hoping for that cup final rescue. As soon as he got it. He was straight off to meet Stan and arrange his deal, over the heads of the board.

Peter
03-05-2018, 10:09 AM
He's just like anybody else; it's just work. It's not about success or failure, just work.

He isnt a plumber. He has been earning 6-8 million a year for bloody years. He doesnt need work.

He is currently pissing on his own legacy.

Peter
03-05-2018, 10:11 AM
My view is that we’ve seen what happened at United post-Fergie and have learnt lessons about transitioning.

I think he was given a two year deal to manage that transition. We’ve seen phase one complete with a complete overhaul of the back room staff. Let them settle in and learn the club before Arsene goes. That way when a new man / woman comes in as head coach, they’ll be surrounded by people familiar with the running of the club.

Also, curiosly Arsene suggested that his positions would be reviewed at the end of this season. That tells me that the board have a plan to do it this summer, so long as the preferred candidate is available and Sanhelli / Minsilant / Fahmy are all settled in nicely.

So... we have decided to get in the three years of absolute ****e BEFORE we replace him rather than afterwards?

Fair enough. Makes sense I suppose. THe new man. Is going to seriously struggle todo any worse so it does make it slightly easier for him- or her!

Peter
03-05-2018, 10:12 AM

Being stubborn and arrogant doesn't necessarily prevent you from seeing that it is not in your own interests to stay.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-05-2018, 10:15 AM

We won't batter Milan if we defend like we have been and I think you give the board far too much credit to suggest that they have been planning :-)

Ash
03-05-2018, 10:18 AM
He isnt a plumber. He has been earning 6-8 million a year for bloody years. He doesnt need work.

Work doesn't have to be about the money. My dear old dad is still working at 80 because he has nothing else in his life of sufficient challenge to keep him going, and fears what will happen if he stops. Perhaps if another club was making Arsene an offer there might be an escape route but presumably there are none at this point.

redgunamo
03-05-2018, 10:19 AM

Precisely the same difference. They are both professionals. You or I, as amateurs, would take the first million and then scram; go off and breed cocker spaniels or fix up vintage cars instead. Anyway, do whatever we really wanted to do, a full-time hobby, if you will.

He doesn't work for the money, the money is irrelevant. He works because it's His job. You're right, He doesn't need to work. He works because that is what He does.

Peter
03-05-2018, 10:32 AM
Precisely the same difference. They are both professionals. You or I, as amateurs, would take the first million and then scram; go off and breed cocker spaniels or fix up vintage cars instead. Anyway, do whatever we really wanted to do, a full-time hobby, if you will.

He doesn't work for the money, the money is irrelevant. He works because it's His job. You're right, He doesn't need to work. He works because that is what He does.

Fine. Just go and work somewhere else.

redgunamo
03-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Fine. Just go and work somewhere else.

It's like Vincent and Neil. Vincent tells him; I'm a cop, you're a robber, but aside from that, I like you, you're a decent chap. I don't want to have to kill you, so why don't you go and rob somewhere else. Neil says, No, I like it here :shrug:

Peter
03-05-2018, 10:42 AM
It's like Vincent and Neil. Vincent tells him; I'm a cop, you're a robber, but aside from that, I like you, you're a decent chap. I don't want to have to kill you, so why don't you go and rob somewhere else. Neil says, No, I like it here :shrug:

I really dont see what Motley Crue has to do with this.

IUFG
03-05-2018, 10:44 AM
So... we have decided to get in the three years of absolute ****e BEFORE we replace him rather than afterwards?

Fair enough. Makes sense I suppose. THe new man. Is going to seriously struggle todo any worse so it does make it slightly easier for him- or her!

Great transition strategy when you think about it.

Make us shíte. New man (or woman) can only improve upon the state of the team.

redgunamo
03-05-2018, 10:44 AM
I really dont see what Motley Crue has to do with this.

Christ, I haven't heard of them for a while :hehe: