PDA

View Full Version : Good job we got rid of the bad influence in the dressing room

Pokster
03-05-2018, 07:57 AM
imagine how bad results would be if he'd stayed :-|

IUFG
03-05-2018, 08:11 AM

Who is the new disruptive one?

I reckon Mustafi, he's got a bit of a snidey look about him.

Tony C
03-05-2018, 08:18 AM
Koscielny breaking down and crying during a team meeting :(

Zero chance on the mental strength front imo

Poor Aboomerang...must be wondering what the f he walked into. Lol at Ozil...had a chance to leave but stayed #mug

Billy Goat Sverige
03-05-2018, 08:22 AM

It’s all so boring and predictable. I just shrug my shoulders now after a defeat and hope for an even worse one in the next game.

#WENGEROUT

Just Trent
03-05-2018, 08:57 AM

Indeed. Thank god we got rid of that possession losing, morale sapping, liability. :-O

Also, the new arrivals have really lifted the place haven't they?

Just Trent
03-05-2018, 09:04 AM
It’s all so boring and predictable. I just shrug my shoulders now after a defeat and hope for an even worse one in the next game.

#WENGEROUT

It's quite an eye opener as to just how detached the board/owner actually are. Is there no point where they will actually step in and end this? We've always suspected this was the case with them. But, to see it actually play out like this is quite sad. What a state for a football club to get itself into.

IUFG
03-05-2018, 09:21 AM
It's quite an eye opener as to just how detached the board/owner actually are. Is there no point where they will actually step in and end this? We've always suspected this was the case with them. But, to see it actually play out like this is quite sad. What a state for a football club to get itself into.

it not that bad, jt

I mean, West Brom are worser than us...

Peter
03-05-2018, 09:46 AM
it not that bad, jt

I mean, West Brom are worser than us...

It is difficult for us to do much worse than we are now. I mean, even Spurs managed to finish in the top six with a mess of a squad and Tim Sherwood in charge.

Even at this point, I dont see Wenger leaving before next summer. They wont sack him and he wont leave. If they let him sign another one then I think that is pretty much the end of us as any kind of force until we get a new owner.

Billy Goat Sverige
03-05-2018, 09:53 AM
It is difficult for us to do much worse than we are now. I mean, even Spurs managed to finish in the top six with a mess of a squad and Tim Sherwood in charge.

Even at this point, I dont see Wenger leaving before next summer. They wont sack him and he wont leave. If they let him sign another one then I think that is pretty much the end of us as any kind of force until we get a new owner.

They will sack him.

redgunamo
03-05-2018, 10:07 AM
They will sack him.

No, then they would've sacked Him after the 8-2. It was clear that day that whatever was broken would not go back together again properly.

Ash
03-05-2018, 10:13 AM
No, then they would've sacked Him after the 8-2. It was clear that day that whatever was broken would not go back together again properly.

That was just one bad result, tbf.

We must be about twenty or thirty bad results further down the line down by now.

Billy Goat Sverige
03-05-2018, 10:28 AM

Not really. A bad result at the start of a season in which we went on to finish in the top 4. They’ve kept him because he always got top 4. Last year he missed out on it by one point and won a cup. That coupled with the fact that if they got rid of him the new bloke would’ve had to come in and work with Wenger’s mates meant they kept him on. We now have Mislintat, Fahmy and whatever the Barca fella is called instead of Dick Law and Steve Rowley. We will also finish 15-20 points off top 4 and not win anything.

He’s gone.

redgunamo
03-05-2018, 10:29 AM
That was just one bad result, tbf.

We must be about twenty or thirty bad results further down the line down by now.

At the time, it was said that a top professional football team simply does not allow eight goals. The suggestion being that something was badly wrong.

Peter
03-05-2018, 10:30 AM
Not really. A bad result at the start of a season in which we went on to finish in the top 4. They’ve kept him because he always got top 4. Last year he missed out on it by one point and won a cup. That coupled with the fact that if they got rid of him the new bloke would’ve had to come in and work with Wenger’s mates meant they kept him on. We now have Mislintat, Fahmy and whatever the Barca fella is called instead of Dick Law and Steve Rowley. We will also finish 15-20 points off top 4 and not win anything.

He’s gone.

Wouldnt surprise me if he stayed on another year. Certainly nothing will happen while we are still in the Europa League (so at least a few more weeks)

Peter
03-05-2018, 10:31 AM
At the time, it was said that a top professional football team simply does not allow eight goals. The suggestion being that something was badly wrong.

Something was badly wrong so he fixed it- he brought in Per, Arteta, Andre Santos and Park. Problem solved.

redgunamo
03-05-2018, 10:32 AM

He’s gone.

That result didn't mean we were ****e. Just that something deep in the heart, or bowels, of the football club and team was broken.

redgunamo
03-05-2018, 10:33 AM
Something was badly wrong so he fixed it- he brought in Per, Arteta, Andre Santos and Park. Problem solved.

We didn't solve the problem. We merely brought in Per, Arteta, Andre Santos and Park.

Peter
03-05-2018, 10:41 AM
We didn't solve the problem. We merely brought in Per, Arteta, Andre Santos and Park.

We didnt lose 8-2 again for the rest of the season. Problem solved. If that was the problem.

redgunamo
03-05-2018, 10:42 AM
We didnt lose 8-2 again for the rest of the season. Problem solved. If that was the problem.

A very big "if", wunnit :-|

Rich
03-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Koscielny breaking down and crying during a team meeting :(

Zero chance on the mental strength front imo

Poor Aboomerang...must be wondering what the f he walked into. Lol at Ozil...had a chance to leave but stayed #mug

Thought Kos cried on the pitch after his mis-placed pass led to their second.

Also - Cech isn't very good any longer, is he?

Sir C
03-06-2018, 10:42 AM
He gave the ball away 18 times in the first half last night, apparently.

18 times :hehe:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-06-2018, 10:56 AM

Don't forget Yossi, he rented Yossi for a year

Ash
03-06-2018, 11:00 AM

The rest of our players have definitely stepped up to fill the give-the-ball-away gap he left in the squard.

redgunamo
03-06-2018, 11:03 AM
The rest of our players have definitely stepped up to fill the give-the-ball-away gap he left in the squard.

Yes, and all the while replacing his goals too.

redgunamo
03-06-2018, 11:04 AM

Forwards are allowed to do that, I think. It's everyone else in the team you need to worry about.

Ash
03-06-2018, 11:04 AM
Yes, and all the while replacing his goals too.

Have we scored any goals at all since he went? Doesn't seem like it.

redgunamo
03-06-2018, 11:10 AM

I'm told that sort of thing doesn't matter nowadays, so long as the likes of Alexis aren't around giving possession away.

SWv2
03-06-2018, 11:37 AM

Loads.

Everton, Sweden.

Not sure the presence of the Chilean would really have alleviated the current issues.

IUFG
03-06-2018, 11:40 AM
Not sure the presence of the Chilean would really have alleviated the current issues.

Well, our stropping game is now very weak.

We only appear to have passive-aggressive use of the hands on hips wiilst looking in the air/at the ground when we concede goals.

I want flailing arms and finger pointing...

Ash
03-06-2018, 11:49 AM
Loads.

Everton, Sweden.

:nono: Outliers.

redgunamo
03-06-2018, 11:54 AM

We only appear to have passive-aggressive use of the hands on hips wiilst looking in the air/at the ground when we concede goals.

Right. And does anyone else in the squad even own a dog, let alone two :shrug:

Rich
03-06-2018, 11:57 AM

When the referee wasn’t happy with the position of the ball at a corner Ozil was about to take he picked the ball up and slammed it back onto the corner spot. That made me laugh.