PDA

View Full Version : Oi, redg. Hound expertise required.

Burney
03-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Is this just a top, top quality hare or is it a case of the hounds not being fit to wear the shirt?

https://twitter.com/freememeskids/status/969546266005901314?s=21

redgunamo
03-02-2018, 12:49 PM
Is this just a top, top quality hare or is it a case of the hounds not being fit to wear the shirt?

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist! :-(

Burney
03-02-2018, 12:58 PM

That’s weird. Works for me. Can anyone else see this?

Sir C
03-02-2018, 12:58 PM

Doesn’t exist for me either.

Pokster
03-02-2018, 12:59 PM

No, you sir are a liar and a cad... it doesn't exist

Burney
03-02-2018, 01:03 PM

Fine. How about this?

https://twitter.com/CauseWereGuys/status/969376742493343744?s=20

Burney
03-02-2018, 01:05 PM
Fine. How about this?

It may be something to do with it being ‘sensitive material’ - even though the fúcking hare gets away.

Ash
03-02-2018, 01:07 PM

What is the date of the tweet? Then we might find it on the Dank Memes account.

I liked this one:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWWGqBDW4AIqSvC.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWWGqA1WAAEgLUz.jpg

Sir C
03-02-2018, 01:09 PM
It may be something to do with it being ‘sensitive material’ - even though the fúcking hare gets away.

It takes a peculiar mentality to actively seek to subject an animal to that much stress. A mentality similar to that of, ooh, let's see, Josef Mengele.

Ash
03-02-2018, 01:10 PM

wd the hare imo.

Or the 'bunny' as most people thought.

Burney
03-02-2018, 01:13 PM
What is the date of the tweet? Then we might find it on the Dank Memes account.

I liked this one:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWWGqBDW4AIqSvC.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWWGqA1WAAEgLUz.jpg

Today’s date, but mysteriously, it does t show upon the account. If I try to open it via the internet, it’s not there, but if I open it using the app it does.

Ash
03-02-2018, 01:22 PM
Today’s date, but mysteriously, it does t show upon the account. If I try to open it via the internet, it’s not there, but if I open it using the app it does.

Loads of censorship on social media. Orwellian surveillance too. Someone claiming to be a youtube developer reckoned that lists are kept of 'dangerous' people watching conservative videos and using right-wing forums.

Monty92
03-02-2018, 01:25 PM
Loads of censorship on social media. Orwellian surveillance too. Someone claiming to be a youtube developer reckoned that lists are kept of 'dangerous' people watching conservative videos and using right-wing forums.

How are you feeling about yer man Jezza's shift on Brexit (not to mention his promise to censor the right leaning press)?

Ash
03-02-2018, 01:25 PM
How are you feeling about yer man Jezza's shift on Brexit (not to mention his promise to censor the right leaning press)?

Phuck him. Traitor.

Sir C
03-02-2018, 01:26 PM

I'm not sure he was suggesting censorship, m. It was much more sinister than that.

Monty92
03-02-2018, 01:27 PM
Phuck him. Traitor.

Lolz. I did warn you.

Burney
03-02-2018, 01:27 PM
It takes a peculiar mentality to actively seek to subject an animal to that much stress. A mentality similar to that of, ooh, let's see, Josef Mengele.

‘Stress’? It’s a hare. Running away from other animals is what it does. Evolution made it that fast and agile and it’s a magnificent thing to see. Both the hounds and the hare are doing what they’re built for. Stop anthropomorphising.

Burney
03-02-2018, 01:29 PM
Phuck him. Traitor.

:nod: Treachery is what he does, a. He’s mad for it.

Sir C
03-02-2018, 01:30 PM
‘Stress’? It’s a hare. Running away from other animals is what it does. Evolution made it that fast and agile and it’s a magnificent thing to see. Both the hounds and the hare are doing what they’re built for. Stop anthropomorphising.

Oh, it's absolutely natural. What I object to is the human psyche which can not only enjoy such a thing, but create the scenario unnecesarily as well. Isn't cock-fighting perfectly natural? It is, but we tend to keep cockerels seperate so they don't tear each other to shreds unnecesarily, if we're not the sort of sick fúcks who get our jollies watching animals in distress.

And stop telling me what to do.

Monty92
03-02-2018, 01:30 PM

Blame those shíte wildlife progammes by ****s like Attenborough that layer emotive, heart string-tugging music over scenes of wild animals doing their thing.

These shows are supposed to somehow educate us, but they are basically just soap operas designed to appeal to our base, crude emotions.

Burney
03-02-2018, 01:31 PM
I'm not sure he was suggesting censorship, m. It was much more sinister than that.

He is overplaying his hand to a remarkable degree at the moment. I actually hope there is a general election. I suspect Labour would be crushed.

redgunamo
03-02-2018, 01:31 PM
Fine. How about this?

Much better.

Right then: For a start, they're greyhounds; practically useless for live coursing, in any case, as they've no stamina and turn like oil tankers, as you can see.

The scene is actually a disgrace from start to finish as people are essentially "open" coursing in an enclosed field. Not cricket at all as the whole point is that the prey must always have home advantage, to straighten the odds. They probably brought that poor, wee mite with them, so it's more like baiting than coursing.

And anyway, that's a rabbit, not a hare. Fairplay to him.

Sir C
03-02-2018, 01:33 PM
He is overplaying his hand to a remarkable degree at the moment. I actually hope there is a general election. I suspect Labour would be crushed.

That's what you said the last time, you maniac, and we very nearly got fúcked beyond all human recognition.

I'm scared. They've got social media. They've got the young and the stupid. They've got postal vote fraud. They've got student vote fraud.

We could be in trouble.

Monty92
03-02-2018, 01:34 PM
:nod: Treachery is what he does, a. He’s mad for it.

I don't find his position entirely lacking in credibility. From what I've learned about the various options, membership of EFTA (i.e. a variation of the Norway model that includes single market membership) would be a perfectly palatable outcome even to Leavers.

Monty92
03-02-2018, 01:34 PM

Not yet he isn't. He's still committing to leaving the EU and, crucially, ending FoM.

Burney
03-02-2018, 01:36 PM
Blame those shíte wildlife progammes by ****s like Attenborough that layer emotive, heart string-tugging music over scenes of wild animals doing their thing.

These shows are supposed to somehow educate us, but they are basically just soap operas designed to appeal to our base, crude emotions.

WB Yeats has it right, m.

‘Not dread, nor hope attends a dying animal.
Man awaits his end, dreading and hoping all’

It’s a distinction that lies at the heart both of human misery and our absurd attitudes to animals.

Monty92
03-02-2018, 01:36 PM
That's what you said the last time, you maniac, and we very nearly got fúcked beyond all human recognition.

I'm scared. They've got social media. They've got the young and the stupid. They've got postal vote fraud. They've got student vote fraud.

We could be in trouble.

It's not the young we have to worry about. It's the 30s to 50s where Labour have made meaningful ground.

Burney
03-02-2018, 01:38 PM
I don't find his position entirely lacking in credibility. From what I've learned about the various options, membership of EFTA (i.e. a variation of the Norway model that includes single market membership) would be a perfectly palatable outcome even to Leavers.

Norway has to accept FOM, m. BIG problem.

Monty92
03-02-2018, 01:39 PM

No, it doesn't. That's the myth.

Sir C
03-02-2018, 01:40 PM

Unlike Sweden, which accepts FGM. Amirite?

Monty92
03-02-2018, 01:43 PM

Did you see that frizzy haired lefty **** Cathy Newman having the chutzpah to narrate a documentary about FGM?

Ash
03-02-2018, 01:45 PM
Not yet he isn't. He's still committing to leaving the EU and, crucially, ending FoM.

I thought he wants to stay in the Customs Union, where we are not free to trade with the world.

Burney
It's not the young we have to worry about. It's the 30s to 50s where Labour have made meaningful ground.

Ultimately, it comes down to how fast Leave-voting, northern working class voters wake up to the fact that Labour is their enemy. It’s happening, but how quickly is crucial.

Ash

I thought his name was BGM.

Burney
03-02-2018, 01:46 PM
No, it doesn't. That's the myth.

I can tell you it effectively does. As any Norwegian you talk to will tell you.

Monty92
03-02-2018, 01:48 PM
I thought he wants to stay in the Customs Union, where we are not free to trade with the world.

Yes, but that's a pragmatic concession based on entirely legitimate fears that this won't actually make us better off.

Which is partly why his position *is* still credible.

Every chance he'll slide further, though, and commit to staying in the single market.

Monty92
03-02-2018, 01:49 PM
I can tell you it effectively does. As any Norwegian you talk to will tell you.

Only because of a lack of political within Norway.

Just as in how even under FoM you can technically chuck EU citizens out after three months if they don't have a job. But we don't do it, because it's too difficult - logistically and politically.

Burney
03-02-2018, 01:50 PM
Yes, but that's a pragmatic concession based on entirely legitimate fears that this won't actually make us better off.

Which is partly why his position *is* still credible.

Every chance he'll slide further, though, and commit to staying in the single market.

His core vote is Guardian reading, middle-class lefties. He’ll do whatever it takes to keep them on-side.

Burney
03-02-2018, 01:57 PM
Only because of a lack of political within Norway.

Just as in how even under FoM you can technically chuck EU citizens out after three months if they don't have a job. But we don't do it, because it's too difficult - logistically and politically.

Oslo is overrun with Romanian gypsies because the Nog government takes the view that they’re a price worth paying for the advantages of flogging oil easily to the EU. And that may make sense for a tiny, commodity dependent economy like Norway. The crucial difference, however, is that this country has decided that unrestricted immigration is NOT a price worth paying. And we have 65-70 million people and are a huge and diverse economy. The situations are simply not comparable.

Sir C
03-02-2018, 01:58 PM
Did you see that frizzy haired lefty **** Cathy Newman having the chutzpah to narrate a documentary about FGM?

I did not. I wouldn't know her if I ran her over.

Sir C
03-02-2018, 01:58 PM
I thought his name was BGM.

wd a. This is good work.

redgunamo
03-07-2018, 09:49 AM
WB Yeats has it right, m.

‘Not dread, nor hope attends a dying animal.
Man awaits his end, dreading and hoping all’

It’s a distinction that lies at the heart both of human misery and our absurd attitudes to animals.

In fairness, he pinched that from Burns:

But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
In proving foresight may be vain;
The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
Gang aft agley,
An'lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

Still thou art blest, compar'd wi' me
The present only toucheth thee:
But, Och! I backward cast my e'e.
On prospects drear!
An' forward, tho' I canna see,