PDA

View Full Version : I just met someone with a half-and-half scarf from last night

Ash
03-02-2018, 09:47 AM
and gave them directions to the British Museum.

What we needed last night was more tourists, not less, tbf - to keep us warm. With what seemed like under 10,000 souls distributed loosely round the ground it was a little bit chilly.

Sir C
03-02-2018, 09:50 AM

What we needed last night was more tourists, not less, tbf - to keep us warm. With what seemed like under 10,000 souls distributed loosely round the ground it was a little bit chilly.

The rise of the half-and-half scarf is more painful to me thatn the demise of Our Greatest Manager, a.

What are these people thinking?

'Fewer' tourists, by the way.

SWv2
03-02-2018, 10:43 AM

58k A.

Not like Spurs the night before.

SWv2
03-02-2018, 10:45 AM
The rise of the half-and-half scarf is more painful to me thatn the demise of Our Greatest Manager, a.

What are these people thinking?

'Fewer' tourists, by the way.

Perhaps the half and half scarf was the only thing the lad could find, perhaps it was thicker than the alternative scarves on offer.

If he is a tourist as has been suggested then who packs a scarf when going on holiday? Well naturally I do, Tootal silk navy blue and white polka dots but that would have been of little use last night.

Don't be in such haste to judge.

Matthew 7:10

Sir C
03-02-2018, 10:52 AM
Perhaps the half and half scarf was the only thing the lad could find, perhaps it was thicker than the alternative scarves on offer.

If he is a tourist as has been suggested then who packs a scarf when going on holiday? Well naturally I do, Tootal silk navy blue and white polka dots but that would have been of little use last night.

The choice of scarf surely depends on the occasion? When entertaining at home, a cravat or Ascot is the thing. For black tie events, the long, white silk scarf adds a certain dash to the outerwear. In winter, a brightly coloured cashmere brings a little joy to the dark and the grey whilst in the bush, clearly the khaki bandana will keep the sweat from rolling down the back and may be used as an emergency hat, bandage or sling ina survival situation.

One Tootal polka dot number just isn't suitable for all scenarios.

Beginner.

Ash
03-02-2018, 10:57 AM

:nod: They were a family from, I presume, the far east, on holiday in this fine city, and enjoying the cultural highs of the British Museum and Premier League football. It was cold last night and this morning so for the fellow to pick up a practical momento of his stay is fair enough, I think.

Matthew 7:1 though, surely? "Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent?" doesn't quite seem to chime here.

Pokster
03-02-2018, 10:58 AM
:nod: They were a family from, I presume, the far east, on holiday in this fine city, and enjoying the cultural highs of the British Museum and Premier League football. It was cold last night and this morning so for the fellow to pick up a practical momento of his stay is fair enough, I think.

Matthew 7:1 though, surely? "Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent?" doesn't quite seem to chime here.

Matthew was 7-0 up at half time when he wrote that

SWv2
03-02-2018, 11:01 AM
The choice of scarf surely depends on the occasion? When entertaining at home, a cravat or Ascot is the thing. For black tie events, the long, white silk scarf adds a certain dash to the outerwear. In winter, a brightly coloured cashmere brings a little joy to the dark and the grey whilst in the bush, clearly the khaki bandana will keep the sweat from rolling down the back and may be used as an emergency hat, bandage or sling ina survival situation.

One Tootal polka dot number just isn't suitable for all scenarios.

Beginner.

I actually have two.

The aforementioned Navy/White and also a crowd pleaser as below:

I would also have the checked Aquascutum one that he wore in early TSC days.

Naturally.

SWv2
03-02-2018, 11:01 AM

Fúck me, Bible passage quotation NAZI alert!!!!!!!!

redgunamo
03-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Matthew was 7-0 up at half time when he wrote that

Very good, P.

redgunamo
03-02-2018, 11:03 AM

Yes, the non-believer has really let himself down there.

Sir C
03-02-2018, 11:03 AM
I actually have two.

The aforementioned Navy/White and also a crowd pleaser as below:

I would also have the checked Aquascutum one that he wore in early TSC days.

Naturally.

That'll do you know good in the dust and heat of the savanna.

Pokster
03-02-2018, 11:11 AM

know good????

Sir C
03-02-2018, 11:13 AM
know good????

How odd. I wonder how that happened? I can't even blame autocomplete. Fingers acting independently, I suppose.

You knew what I meant though, no?

Pokster
03-02-2018, 11:14 AM
How odd. I wonder how that happened? I can't even blame autocomplete. Fingers acting independently, I suppose.

You knew what I meant though, no?

Yes, but I took great joy in finally picking you up for something like this... I got a funny feeling inside me.

Ash
03-02-2018, 11:21 AM

Attention to detail, my friend.

There's a beatitude, ISTR. "Blessed are they who check seven records after every data transformation, for they shall ensure that accuracy prevails and that no-one shall be contacted without lawful basis."

SWv2
03-02-2018, 11:23 AM
Attention to detail, my friend.

There's a beatitude, ISTR. "Blessed are they who check seven records after every data transformation, for they shall ensure that accuracy prevails and that no-one shall be contacted without lawful basis."

You are correct of course and accuracy should be at the forefront of our thoughts at this difficult and testing time.

#gdpr

SWv2
03-02-2018, 11:24 AM

Oh my.

:smirk:

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-02-2018, 12:08 PM

Free to stand in the warm seeing the Elgin Marbles, the Benin Bronzes and the Assyrian Lion Hunt bas reliefs.

£50 to sit in the snow and watch a pub side battered by a bunch of northern monkeys managed by a Barca DNA tapper-upper.

They should have fücked off the footy and gone to the National and spent the money saved on food and/or drink.

*****Bring back George Graham*****

redgunamo
03-02-2018, 03:47 PM

"En 2021, Londres accueillera le plus grand musée LGBTQ+ du monde." Which is great news, because as we all know, there's nothing wrong with it. You can direct them there next time :thumbup:

Ash
03-02-2018, 04:10 PM
"En 2021, Londres accueillera le plus grand musée LGBTQ+ du monde." Which is great news, because as we all know, there's nothing wrong with it. You can direct them there next time :thumbup:

They'll need to add a few letters by the time it opens, I imagine. And bake in contingency plans to keep changing it.