PDA

View Full Version : One hopes you're all remembering to feed the birds?

Sir C
03-01-2018, 11:19 AM
If you don't have any commercial wild bird food, you can leave out muesli, nuts and grated cheese. They really need help in these conditions.

PSRB
03-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Well, we've just had a gender pay gap review, so I think they can ****ing feed themselves

World's End Stella
03-01-2018, 11:32 AM
If you don't have any commercial wild bird food, you can leave out muesli, nuts and grated cheese. They really need help in these conditions.

What sort of nuts? Macadamia is the king of nuts, of course. Pistachio and cashews fight it out for 2nd and 3rd imo. The lowly peanut, especially the salt n vinegar variety, should not be under-estimated, of course. But the rest of nuts are all pretty rubbish.

And, of course, anyone who has their nuts unsalted is a proper deviant and no mistake.

Pokster
03-01-2018, 11:32 AM
What sort of nuts? Macadamia is the king of nuts, of course. Pistachio and cashews fight it out for 2nd and 3rd imo. The lowly peanut, especially the salt n vinegar variety, should not be under-estimated, of course. But the rest of nuts are all pretty rubbish.

And, of course, anyone who has their nuts unsalted is a proper deviant and no mistake.

And most nuts aren't in fact nuts

Monty92
03-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Well, we've just had a gender pay gap review, so I think they can ****ing feed themselves

I like it when they conplain that airlines have a 96% gender pay gap because all their pilots are men.

Ash
03-01-2018, 11:54 AM
And most nuts aren't in fact nuts

Yep. They're actually berries and mammals. I saw it on QI.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-01-2018, 12:13 PM

morning all summer with their incessant warbling? Fack 'em!

Joking aside, as I get older I have come to listen in raptures to the dawn chorus believing that it can only be some kind of sacred and beautiful gift bestowed upon us by a benevolent deity.

Ash
03-01-2018, 12:24 PM
Joking aside, as I get older I have come to listen in raptures to the dawn chorus believing that it can only be some kind of sacred and beautiful gift bestowed upon us by a benevolent deity.

Whereas what they are actually doing is cheeping "All your tweets are fùckin shít" and "fùck off to that tree, cos this tree is mine" to each other.

SWv2
03-01-2018, 12:35 PM

Fat balls apparently.

7sisters
03-01-2018, 12:43 PM
Whereas what they are actually doing is cheeping "All your tweets are fùckin shít" and "fùck off to that tree, cos this tree is mine" to each other.

I've been noticing lots of these around here recently. I don't think I've ever seen them before.
I'm not sure they eat fat balls tho'

https://radnorshirebirds.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/fieldfare-1.jpg

Burney
03-01-2018, 12:44 PM
Fat balls apparently.

Did I ever mention the time I made Bunny Guinness eject white wine out of her nose by talking about Bill Oddie’s fat balls?

SWv2
03-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Did I ever mention the time I made Bunny Guinness eject white wine out of her nose by talking about Bill Oddie’s fat balls?

Eh no. I am reasonably sure this is a conversation and set of quite unique circumstances which I would recall for ever.

SWv2
03-01-2018, 12:48 PM
I've been noticing lots of these around here recently. I don't think I've ever seen them before.
I'm not sure they eat fat balls tho'

https://radnorshirebirds.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/fieldfare-1.jpg

A mandarin duck if I am not mistaken.

Burney
03-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Eh no. I am reasonably sure this is a conversation and set of quite unique circumstances which I would recall for ever.

We were in an Italian restaurant in Armagh on a press trip with the Westland peat compost people. Ms. Guinness was the Telegraph’s gardening corespondent at the time, I think (as well as her regular appearances on Gardener’s Question Time). Anyway, we got talking about the various celebrity endorsements for gardening products, of which I stated that the one I found most difficult to write about with a straight face were Bill Oddie’s Fat Balls. Anyway, she laughed helplessly and, from that moment on, she was as putty in my hands.

SWv2
03-01-2018, 02:05 PM
We were in an Italian restaurant in Armagh on a press trip with the Westland peat compost people. Ms. Guinness was the Telegraph’s gardening corespondent at the time, I think (as well as her regular appearances on Gardener’s Question Time). Anyway, we got talking about the various celebrity endorsements for gardening products, of which I stated that the one I found most difficult to write about with a straight face were Bill Oddie’s Fat Balls. Anyway, she laughed helplessly and, from that moment on, she was as putty in my hands.

This made me feel sad.

PSRB
03-01-2018, 02:12 PM
A mandarin duck if I am not mistaken.

:hehe: Vg, sw

Billy Goat Sverige
03-01-2018, 02:47 PM

We’ve had a record number of crashes involving vehicles and moose/deer because they can’t find any food in the forest and venture onto the roads to get about and scavenge in residential areas. What should I feed those beasts?

Sir C
03-01-2018, 02:49 PM
We’ve had a record number of crashes involving vehicles and moose/deer because they can’t find any food in the forest and venture onto the roads to get about and scavenge in residential areas. What should I feed those beasts?

wes is the moose expert, b. But he has a record of feeding them Rohypnol, I believe :-(