PDA

View Full Version : Rumours building that AW is out.

PSRB
02-27-2018, 09:23 AM
Can't see many brilliant options to replace him with though.

Would quite like Zidane, as long as Pochettino goes to RM

Sir C
02-27-2018, 09:27 AM

It's to be Mikel :cloud9:

Mikel and his hair is the only management team I will accept.

PSRB
02-27-2018, 09:29 AM

as longs as he brings the PEDS

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 09:29 AM

Seriously?! Why?

PSRB
02-27-2018, 09:30 AM
Seriously?! Why?

Why is he out or why Zidane?

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 09:32 AM
Why is he out or why Zidane?

Sod Zidane! Why is Wenger out?

Billy Goat Sverige
02-27-2018, 09:33 AM

Hope they go for Jardim.

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 09:34 AM
Hope they go for Jardim.

This lad? A bold choice, B

http://www.tasteofcinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/No-Country-for-Old-Men.jpg

Pokster
02-27-2018, 09:35 AM
Sod Zidane! Why is Wenger out?

Because he has taken the team as far as he can, how they are now performing at the worst level they can do with the players they have, how they don't play decent football anymore, how we are going backwards as a team.

I would say they are more reasons for him to leave than for him to stay

Sir C
02-27-2018, 09:40 AM
as longs as he brings the PEDS

:nod: It's definitely time we got involved with the doping. It would be lovely to see our boys running around like those Barcelona and Bayern Munich fellows at 100 mph for 90 minutes.

Peter
02-27-2018, 09:43 AM
Because he has taken the team as far as he can, how they are now performing at the worst level they can do with the players they have, how they don't play decent football anymore, how we are going backwards as a team.

That isnt saying much as there are literally no reasons or him to stay

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 09:45 AM

Yes, but apart from qualifying for the Champions League, all that's been true for some time.

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 09:46 AM
That isnt saying much as there are literally no reasons or him to stay

I don't know. From His point of view, why quit? From the club's point of view, He still makes us a load of money.

Seems odd.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-27-2018, 09:47 AM

and I awake this morning and rush to my window and see not one lousy fúcking millimeter of the stuff!

You jinxed my snow :-(

Pokster
02-27-2018, 09:48 AM
I don't know. From His point of view, why quit? From the club's point of view, He still makes us a load of money.

Seems odd.

We are a football team, not a cash making cow for the owners... and seeing as we have broken our tfr record twice in the last 8 months we probable aren't making money like we used to

Sir C
02-27-2018, 09:49 AM
and I awake this morning and rush to my window and see not one lousy fúcking millimeter of the stuff!

You jinxed my snow :-(

I cannot be held liable for atmospheric vagaries, h. I got fúck all here, and 10 miles south they were buried. :-(

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 09:58 AM
We are a football team, not a cash making cow for the owners... and seeing as we have broken our tfr record twice in the last 8 months we probable aren't making money like we used to

Listen, P. I agree with all that. I've always been sort of #WengerOut; I simply never liked the bloke , although I respect Him enormously.

Thing is, the things you're saying there are what people have actually defended Him with for ages. So, what's changed? And why now?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-27-2018, 09:58 AM
I cannot be held liable for atmospheric vagaries, h. I got fúck all here, and 10 miles south they were buried. :-(

Goats 'n Monkies man, you are supposed to be some kind of expert in the machinations and physics of the stratosphere claiming, as you do, to spend most of your time cavorting in it in your blasted flying contraptions. The only thing you've ever 'flown' are those little balsa wood models with a lazzy band propeller*

*I loved those little planes as a kid - whatever happened to them?

Sir C
02-27-2018, 10:00 AM
Goats 'n Monkies man, you are supposed to be some kind of expert in the machinations and physics of the stratosphere claiming, as you do, to spend most of your time cavorting in it in your blasted flying contraptions. The only thing you've ever 'flown' are those little balsa wood models with a lazzy band propeller*

*I loved those little planes as a kid - whatever happened to them?

They were tremendous. Did you ever wind the band so far it snapped? A disaster!

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-27-2018, 10:01 AM
I simply never liked the bloke

You simply never liked him R!

Is it because he's .... ahem ....well .....err .....white?

Pokster
02-27-2018, 10:03 AM
Listen, P. I agree with all that. I've always been sort of #WengerOut; I simply never liked the bloke , although I respect Him enormously.

Thing is, the things you're saying there are what people have actually defended Him with for ages. So, what's changed? And why now?

I think that the false hope some have clinged on for, that this season will be different as we have splashed some serious cash, just hasn't materialised, and in fact things have got worse. Also, the fact that Spurs seem to be heading in the opposite direction probably hurts some even more.

Sir C
02-27-2018, 10:05 AM
I think that the false hope some have clinged on for, that this season will be different as we have splashed some serious cash, just hasn't materialised, and in fact things have got worse. Also, the fact that Spurs seem to be heading in the opposite direction probably hurts some even more.

'clinged on for'? What sort of prose is this?

Standards, p. Standards.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-27-2018, 10:06 AM
They were tremendous. Did you ever wind the band so far it snapped? A disaster!

Of course!

I remember a friends dad built a farkin great big one with a balsa wood frame covered in paper with two propellers. We were like the children of Hamelyn to his piper and he nonced every single one of us but the sore arse was worth watching that thing take off. Yes, it started on the ground and actually took off!

Sir C
02-27-2018, 10:10 AM
Of course!

I remember a friends dad built a farkin great big one with a balsa wood frame covered in paper with two propellers. We were like the children of Hamelyn to his piper and he nonced every single one of us but the sore arse was worth watching that thing take off. Yes, it started on the ground and actually took off!

I was always allowed to buy one at the toy shop near some relatives we used to visit up near Mildenhall. Now the interesting thing is that the daughter was married to an American who worked on the base at Mildenhall and she ended up with a massive heroin habit and was last heard of selling blow jobs for a fiver around Kings Croiss somewhere. She may have worked the same street corners as your mum, come to think of it.

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 10:10 AM

I can't see the board being bothered by all that, to be honest. Except to say that naturally they will have to find us a new manager at some point.

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 10:11 AM
You simply never liked him R!

Is it because he's .... ahem ....well .....err .....white?

More because He's French, I think. After all, some of my best friends are white.

Pokster
02-27-2018, 10:11 AM
'clinged on for'? What sort of prose is this?

Standards, p. Standards.

OK, some loons out there always think this will be our season (see Liverpool fans every year).

Does that cover it better?

Sir C
02-27-2018, 10:14 AM
OK, some loons out there always think this will be our season (see Liverpool fans every year).

Does that cover it better?

Oh, this is definitely our season p. I can feel it in my water.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-27-2018, 10:15 AM
I was always allowed to buy one at the toy shop near some relatives we used to visit up near Mildenhall. Now the interesting thing is that the daughter was married to an American who worked on the base at Mildenhall and she ended up with a massive heroin habit and was last heard of selling blow jobs for a fiver around Kings Croiss somewhere. She may have worked the same street corners as your mum, come to think of it.

When my mum was doing nosh jobs round King's Cross a fiver would have bought you six. Were did your missus go after they built over Goods Way for the new Eurostar line?

Pokster
02-27-2018, 10:17 AM
Oh, this is definitely our season p. I can feel it in my water.

Mad as a box of frogs... just typical we get AC Milan that we get them when they have turned the corner and are playing well.

After Thursday every chance we will have lost over 50% of games played in 2018

World's End Stella
02-27-2018, 10:23 AM
I can't see the board being bothered by all that, to be honest. Except to say that naturally they will have to find us a new manager at some point.

And why would this not be that point?

Pat Vegas
02-27-2018, 10:24 AM

King Carlo please.

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 10:40 AM
And why would this not be that point?

It may well be, of course. I was referring more to that point arriving as a reaction to Wenger no longer being our manager.

Tony C
02-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Brendan Rogers would do for me.

Would be interested in listening to Sam Allardyce’s take - a speculative call / interview at the very least.

Not interested in any newbies or country managers.

Not your typical job because the majority of the team are happy to be sh’t and stay in their comfort zones.

Anyone thinking they’re just going to role in and change everything overnight is in for a very rude awakening imo

They need to be reconditioned from their years of Wenger logic imo

Rich
02-27-2018, 10:58 AM

We lost a game to the financially doped Man City, ffs. Everyone loses to them. This is a knee jerk reaction. Let him and Sven Munsilant build something over the summer and see how we get on next season. No point making snappy decisions.

Pokster
02-27-2018, 11:05 AM
We lost a game to the financially doped Man City, ffs. Everyone loses to them. This is a knee jerk reaction. Let him and Sven Munsilant build something over the summer and see how we get on next season. No point making snappy decisions.

Snappy decisions!! Look here Dick, we have been in decline for a number of years, why should we let a manager spend another shed loads of money in the summer when we have been going backwards (especially compared to our rivals) over the last few years.

We have lost 50% of all our games this year, so this is not a knee jerk reaction to Sunday

Rich
02-27-2018, 11:11 AM
Snappy decisions!! Look here Dick, we have been in decline for a number of years, why should we let a manager spend another shed loads of money in the summer when we have been going backwards (especially compared to our rivals) over the last few years.

We have lost 50% of all our games this year, so this is not a knee jerk reaction to Sunday

Well I hope that the club allow him to make a dignified exit at the end of his contract. I believe that he can get us back into the top 4 next season when we don't have problematic contract extensions hanging over the club.

IUFG
02-27-2018, 11:12 AM

fiar play, dick, you've upped your WUM game this week.

Pokster
02-27-2018, 11:13 AM
Well I hope that the club allow him to make a dignified exit at the end of his contract. I believe that he can get us back into the top 4 next season when we don't have problematic contract extensions hanging over the club.

He could make a dignified exit at the end of this season.. not sure why you would want a manager to spend another fortune this summer who won't be around for more than 12 months. We are not a charity, he doesn't get to choose when he goes

Rich
02-27-2018, 11:16 AM
He could make a dignified exit at the end of this season.. not sure why you would want a manager to spend another fortune this summer who won't be around for more than 12 months. We are not a charity, he doesn't get to choose when he goes

That could only happen if he chose to retire / quit Arsenal (something we know he'll always be against). The only way for him to go this summer is for the Club to sack Him. Let's hope that we have a strong finish to the season (maybe even with a trophy) and that we let Him see out next year with us back in the Champions League.

SWv2
02-27-2018, 11:19 AM

Good man Dick.

Financially doped. Like it.

Pat Vegas
02-27-2018, 11:21 AM

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Knee jerk.

SWv2
02-27-2018, 11:22 AM
That could only happen if he chose to retire / quit Arsenal (something we know he'll always be against). The only way for him to go this summer is for the Club to sack Him. Let's hope that we have a strong finish to the season (maybe even with a trophy) and that we let Him see out next year with us back in the Champions League.

Or they could simply come to a mutual decision that he stands aside, no contracts being broken or no sacking as you suggest.

Just a thought.

Rich
02-27-2018, 11:24 AM
Or they could simply come to a mutual decision that he stands aside, no contracts being broken or no sacking as you suggest.

Just a thought.

Well that is tantamount to sacking him, isn't it?

Ivan: Arsene, have you thought about standing down in the summer?
Arsene: Absolutely not!
IG: Are you sure? I think it could be for the best.
AW: Listen, I have never broken a contract in my career and I don't intend to now. I can still offer this club a lot.
IG: Well we're sacking you if you don't quit.
AW: Oh.

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 11:26 AM

Just a thought.

Nobody believes that sh1te, SW. Unless you're leaving that fateful meeting carrying the European Cup under your arm.

Pokster
02-27-2018, 11:31 AM
Well that is tantamount to sacking him, isn't it?

Ivan: Arsene, have you thought about standing down in the summer?
Arsene: Absolutely not!
IG: Are you sure? I think it could be for the best.
AW: Listen, I have never broken a contract in my career and I don't intend to now. I can still offer this club a lot.
IG: Well we're sacking you if you don't quit.
AW: Oh.

I still don't see why he should decide when he goes, he's on around £8m a year, it's not like we are a charity.

Rich
02-27-2018, 11:39 AM
I still don't see why he should decide when he goes, he's on around £8m a year, it's not like we are a charity.

Quite true. But He's not doing an abysmal job, is he? Just a little blip. Anyway, he can stay out his contract and we can choose not to renew it. I think/hope that's the way it will go.

Pokster
02-27-2018, 11:43 AM
Quite true. But He's not doing an abysmal job, is he? Just a little blip. Anyway, he can stay out his contract and we can choose not to renew it. I think/hope that's the way it will go.

Little blip? We are progressively getting worse, we don't play decent football anymore... we are a distant 6th with absolutley no signs we can close that gap, our current form is abysmal.......... yep, let him see out his contract and see us drift further and further away from the clubs above us

Pat Vegas
02-27-2018, 11:44 AM

He's not doing very well,
and he didn't do very well least year either.

Pat Vegas
02-27-2018, 11:46 AM
Little blip? We are progressively getting worse, we don't play decent football anymore... we are a distant 6th with absolutley no signs we can close that gap, our current form is abysmal.......... yep, let him see out his contract and see us drift further and further away from the clubs above us

Don't forget our embarrassing FA cup exit, our ridiculous performance against Ostersunds the other day pathetic display in the league cup final, the spurs game was also a joke.

I know Wenger has achieved a lot but you can't live on past stuff forever.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-27-2018, 11:55 AM
More because He's French, I think. After all, some of my best friends are white.

I expect we all look the same to you

SWv2
02-27-2018, 11:57 AM
Nobody believes that sh1te, SW. Unless you're leaving that fateful meeting carrying the European Cup under your arm.

I would be grateful if you remember who you are addressing pal.

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 12:10 PM
I would be grateful if you remember who you are addressing pal.

Apologies. Got a bit excited there.

SWv2
02-27-2018, 12:26 PM
Apologies. Got a bit excited there.

You and I both know that nobody would really buy the story but ultimately he would not break his contract which he always loves to remind us about. He won’t be technically sacked so that is the best the old man can salvage from the current mess. Forget this nonsense about winning the EL and getting back into the big one, that is not happening.

What’s the alternative, keep him through next season and watch as the media steam into him and the club on the back of every bad result. Gary Neville taunting the players, Thierry Henry putting his hand up to take his job and each day another ex-player queuing up to have a pop.

Just makes no sense for either party.

We are now simply reaping the result of a very poor management decision last summer. The Emirates could be an unpleasant place to be if City hand us our arse on Thursday night.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-27-2018, 12:30 PM
Brendan Rogers would do for me.

Would be interested in listening to Sam Allardyce’s take - a speculative call / interview at the very least.

Not interested in any newbies or country managers.

Not your typical job because the majority of the team are happy to be sh’t and stay in their comfort zones.

Anyone thinking they’re just going to role in and change everything overnight is in for a very rude awakening imo

They need to be reconditioned from their years of Wenger logic imo

Brenton :hehe:

I'd rather keep Wenger

Burney
02-27-2018, 12:34 PM
You and I both know that nobody would really buy the story but ultimately he would not break his contract which he always loves to remind us about. He won’t be technically sacked so that is the best the old man can salvage from the current mess. Forget this nonsense about winning the EL and getting back into the big one, that is not happening.

What’s the alternative, keep him through next season and watch as the media steam into him and the club on the back of every bad result. Gary Neville taunting the players, Thierry Henry putting his hand up to take his job and each day another ex-player queuing up to have a pop.

Just makes no sense for either party.

We are now simply reaping the result of a very poor management decision last summer. The Emirates could be an unpleasant place to be if City hand us our arse on Thursday night.

‘If’? :hehe: Never took you for the hopeless optimist type, sw. We will get dicked by City on Thursday for the simple reason that we are dogshít and they are not.

In Wenger’s case, of course, decent chap would have done the decent thing and resigned by now. But what can one expect if one hires foreigners, I suppose? :shrug:

SWv2
02-27-2018, 12:36 PM
‘If’? :hehe: Never took you for the hopeless optimist type, sw. We will get dicked by City on Thursday for the simple reason that we are dogshít and they are not.

In Wenger’s case, of course, decent chap would have done the decent thing and resigned by now. But what can one expect if one hires foreigners, I suppose? :shrug:

Match might yet be called off B.

:cloud9:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-27-2018, 12:36 PM

I like the cut of your jib!

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-27-2018, 12:37 PM

Unfortunately, that seems to be for the owners to decide :-(

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-27-2018, 12:45 PM

2014 was the right time to leave. We won the cup, the trophy "drought" was over and in his heart of hearts, Wenger probably knew he was not going to win the league. His reputation was in tact and he could have gone to most clubs.

Fast forward almost 4 years. We are no longer in the CL and falling further behind in the league. We had a season where we finished behind Leicester. Wenger has spent money but we seem to look a lot worse than we have ever done under Wenger and the results are bearing that out. Was there any real footballing reason for us to keep him past last summer? The only reason for Wenger to want to stay was that he had no better options :shrug:

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 12:45 PM
Match might yet be called off B.

:cloud9:

Then the pools panel will fix us :-|

Peter
02-27-2018, 12:49 PM

He doesnt make us any money. We have no champions league money, he let Sanchez run down his contract so we got a pittance for him, we are going to finish sixth and his salary costs a fortune. Any **** could finish sixth with this squad and for a far smaller salary.

He costs us money.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-27-2018, 12:49 PM

or that they have to get off their collective cans and actually go out and find another manager. It's work, r and someone has to do it. Of course, you don't have to do any work if the manager you have is happy to stay?

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 12:52 PM
2014 was the right time to leave. We won the cup, the trophy "drought" was over and in his heart of hearts, Wenger probably knew he was not going to win the league. His reputation was in tact and he could have gone to most clubs.

Fast forward almost 4 years. We are no longer in the CL and falling further behind in the league. We had a season where we finished behind Leicester. Wenger has spent money but we seem to look a lot worse than we have ever done under Wenger and the results are bearing that out. Was there any real footballing reason for us to keep him past last summer? The only reason for Wenger to want to stay was that he had no better options :shrug:

Yeah obviously, people wanted to have the opportunity to see what He could do when He had the money to spend on goal-shy superstar strikers :-|

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 12:54 PM
or that they have to get off their collective cans and actually go out and find another manager. It's work, r and someone has to do it. Of course, you don't have to do any work if the manager you have is happy to stay?

Must be a piece of piss surely? The easiest part of the job.

IUFG
02-27-2018, 12:54 PM
Then the pools panel will fix us :-|

Away win. 1½ points

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 12:55 PM
He doesnt make us any money. We have no champions league money, he let Sanchez run down his contract so we got a pittance for him, we are going to finish sixth and his salary costs a fortune. Any **** could finish sixth with this squad and for a far smaller salary.

He costs us money.

Thing is, the television monies has made all that irrelevant.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-27-2018, 12:58 PM
Yeah obviously, people wanted to have the opportunity to see what He could do when He had the money to spend on goal-shy superstar strikers :-|

I think that is fair enough. At that point, it could easily be argued that he has earned the right blah blah blah. He's had his 3 years, finished behind Leicester and is no longer in the CL. So he was given another contract :-|

Oh and he only bought his first real striker this summer ;-)

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-27-2018, 12:59 PM
Must be a piece of piss surely? The easiest part of the job.

Which bit....getting off one's can? Old man Chips might struggle these days

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-27-2018, 01:00 PM
fiar play, dick, you've upped your WUM game this week.

You mean from no wuming to some wuming?

redgunamo
02-27-2018, 01:10 PM
Away win. 1½ points

On the other hand, won't they be resting their first team for the European Cup?

Away win. 1½ points :-\

Burney
02-27-2018, 01:18 PM

Your mum’s a cash-making cow.

At least that’s what her pimp told me.

Ash
02-27-2018, 02:11 PM

He should be told that if he doesn't do the decent thing and resign then he will be sacked. If he doesn't get sacked then eventually the pitchforks will be out at The Grove, where, despite the barbs thrown at them by some, the fans have refused to vocally turn on him, despite the grumbles getting stronger. A boo at half/full time is actually very restrained compared to 20,000+ singing "We NEED you to go".

He's worked in Japan, show he should know about falling on your sword when your attempts to wield power have failed. Yukio Mishima and so on.

SWv2
02-27-2018, 02:17 PM
He should be told that if he doesn't do the decent thing and resign then he will be sacked. If he doesn't get sacked then eventually the pitchforks will be out at The Grove, where, despite the barbs thrown at them by some, the fans have refused to vocally turn on him, despite the grumbles getting stronger. A boo at half/full time is actually very restrained compared to 20,000+ singing "We NEED you to go".

He's worked in Japan, show he should know about falling on your sword when your attempts to wield power have failed. Yukio Mishima and so on.

Pitchforks could be out on Thursday if we are defeated in a manner deemed embarrassing.

3 defeats in a week, never happened before in the history of the club*

*conjecture

Peter
02-27-2018, 02:23 PM
Thing is, the television monies has made all that irrelevant.

Nothing ever makes money irrelevant.

Tony C
02-27-2018, 02:47 PM
Pitchforks could be out on Thursday if we are defeated in a manner deemed embarrassing.

3 defeats in a week, never happened before in the history of the club*

*conjecture

The players are cowards and Wenger has completely lost the dressing room. Scoreline will be even more pathetic.

This is like when we use to beat Leeds 4-1 except in reverse. Plus Guardiola is shred cookie and knows winning the league cup is more or less meaningless to him if they don’t back it with 3 points....such are his high standards.

Already taking 20/1 on us not finishing in the Top6.

Think Burnley will cruise right past us...sinking ship, season is over, World Cup on the horizon. These players won’t care 1 bit.

IUFG
02-27-2018, 04:19 PM
—The players are cowards and Wenger has completely lost the dressing room. Scoreline will be even more pathetic.

Every bookie has Man City as odds on to win.

www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/arsenal-v-man-city/winner

At The Arsenal.

Sad seens.

Just Trent
02-27-2018, 04:46 PM
Every bookie has Man City as odds on to win.

www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/arsenal-v-man-city/winner

At The Arsenal.

Sad seens.

Arsenal will nick a win. Wenger will claim that people have been too quick to judge, and on we go again.