PDA

View Full Version : That Trudeau chap is great. He seems to have spent his last week or so

Billy Goat Sverige
02-22-2018, 10:21 AM
Trying to be more Indian than the Indians :hehe:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-india-43151115

Sir C
02-22-2018, 10:22 AM

He's got to the world's second most embarrassing Canadian :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
02-22-2018, 10:23 AM

Cute wife though

Burney
02-22-2018, 10:25 AM

Surely Canadians must cringe with embarrassment every time that cünt appears in public. I would find him much more embarrassing to have representing me on the world stage than Donald Trump.

Burney
02-22-2018, 10:26 AM

Do you reckon he started to do the old head-wobble 'velly good indeed' Spike Milligan bit?

Billy Goat Sverige
02-22-2018, 10:29 AM
Do you reckon he started to do the old head-wobble 'velly good indeed' Spike Milligan bit?

He looks like the type to go around bowing and saying namaste to everyone.

Sir C
02-22-2018, 10:29 AM

"Qveen Victoria Bloody good bloke!"

It ain't Half Hot Mum was truly a work of genius.

Peter
02-22-2018, 10:44 AM
Surely Canadians must cringe with embarrassment every time that cünt appears in public. I would find him much more embarrassing to have representing me on the world stage than Donald Trump.

Or Theresa May?

Peter
02-22-2018, 10:44 AM
"Qveen Victoria Bloody good bloke!"

It ain't Half Hot Mum was truly a work of genius.

I seem to recall it wasnt actually funny at the time. But in those days none of that stuff was racist. Now that it is, it's probably quite funny....

Burney
02-22-2018, 10:47 AM
He looks like the type to go around bowing and saying namaste to everyone.

Funnily enough, I'd have thought Trudeau would be exactly the sort of cünt who worries too much about 'cultural appropriation' to go around dressing up as brown people.

I look forward to him visiting Africa in a dashiki and an afro wig.

Burney
02-22-2018, 10:48 AM
I seem to recall it wasnt actually funny at the time. But in those days none of that stuff was racist. Now that it is, it's probably quite funny....

It was good when Windsor Davies used to say 'You is all a bunch of poofs!'

redgunamo
02-22-2018, 10:50 AM

"Whispering Grass" is a wonderful song too.

Burney
02-22-2018, 10:52 AM
"Whispering Grass" is a wonderful song too.

'In his autobiography Sing Lofty: Thoughts Of A Gemini, Estelle was extremely bitter about modern-day entertainment, attacking those who refused to rerun It Ain't Half Hot Mum as "tight-crutched, white-trousered morons".'

Luis Anaconda
02-22-2018, 10:53 AM

There's nothing funny or clever about being Welsh, b. I was going to mention the poor grammar, but thinking about it, it may be technically correct, since a bunch should be singular. That hurts my head

Peter
02-22-2018, 10:55 AM

Yes, that was rather good. Still, arguably funnier now that you are not allowed to say it.

I just failed the online Unconscious Bias training for the 3rd time. I now get to discuss my failure with a member of HR. I am going to enjoy this :)

Peter
02-22-2018, 10:56 AM
There's nothing funny or clever about being Welsh, b. I was going to mention the poor grammar, but thinking about it, it may be technically correct, since a bunch should be singular. That hurts my head

You are a ****.

Singular or plural, you is are and never is.

Burney
02-22-2018, 10:57 AM

I am prepared to make an exception for Windsor Davies.

I may have that written on my tombstone.

Burney
02-22-2018, 10:58 AM
Yes, that was rather good. Still, arguably funnier now that you are not allowed to say it.

I just failed the online Unconscious Bias training for the 3rd time. I now get to discuss my failure with a member of HR. I am going to enjoy this :)

How can you fail when it's unconscious? Are we being held responsible for our unconscious selves now? 'Cos I have no control over that cünt. He does what he likes, the prick.

redgunamo
02-22-2018, 11:02 AM
I am prepared to make an exception for Windsor Davies.

I may have that written on my tombstone.

Oh? You'll certainly have a decision to make there; I rather enjoyed your "Too weak to wánk, man. Too weak to wànk."

Peter
02-22-2018, 11:02 AM
How can you fail when it's unconscious? Are we being held responsible for our unconscious selves now? 'Cos I have no control over that cünt. He does what he likes, the prick.

Well, precisely. THe first question is 'do you suffer from unconscious bias'- yes or no. The obvious answer is 'well I wouldnt know would I, else it would conscious'. If you answer yes you have to explain why you are such a terrible person. If you answer no they explain to you that you do suffer from it, you just dont know that you do.

It goes on like that for hours with a 20 question exam at the end. You can kind of guess how it develops from that first question.....

Burney
02-22-2018, 11:05 AM
Well, precisely. THe first question is 'do you suffer from unconscious bias'- yes or no. The obvious answer is 'well I wouldnt know would I, else it would conscious'. If you answer yes you have to explain why you are such a terrible person. If you answer no they explain to you that you do suffer from it, you just dont know that you do.

It goes on like that for hours with a 20 question exam at the end. You can kind of guess how it develops from that first question.....

It sounds nightmarish.

Are these people not familiar with the works of Franz Kafka, George Orwell or, for that matter, Joseph Heller?

Burney
02-22-2018, 11:06 AM
Oh? You'll certainly have a decision to make there; I rather enjoyed your "Too weak to wánk, man. Too weak to wànk."

Yes. That might be good too. Although the family would probably object :rolleyes:

redgunamo
02-22-2018, 11:08 AM
Yes. That might be good too. Although the family would probably object :rolleyes:

True. Sometimes families are no fun at all.

How about as a final remark on your death bed?

Peter
02-22-2018, 11:08 AM
It sounds nightmarish.

Are these people not familiar with the works of Franz Kafka, George Orwell or, for that matter, Joseph Heller?

I doubt it. There is a woman here who has never heard of Bob Marley.

Burney
02-22-2018, 11:09 AM
True. Sometimes families are no fun at all.

How about as a final remark on your death bed?

Sounds like a plan.

Burney
02-22-2018, 11:11 AM

:hehe: How can you work in a University and not have heard of Bob Marley? Is there not a poster of him on every student's wall?

But back to this unconscious bias business. If you fail, what are you supposed to do? Go away and promise to work on your unconscious?

redgunamo
02-22-2018, 11:12 AM

In fairness, my dad has never heard of Bob Marley. He thought people were on about Barry Manilow.

Burney
02-22-2018, 11:13 AM
In fairness, my dad has never heard of Bob Marley. He thought people were on about Barry Manilow.

I knew someone who thought he was a character in 'A Christmas Carol'

Peter
02-22-2018, 11:19 AM
:hehe: How can you work in a University and not have heard of Bob Marley? Is there not a poster of him on every student's wall?

But back to this unconscious bias business. If you fail, what are you supposed to do? Go away and promise to work on your unconscious?

You have to speak to HR about your issues. They interview to establish whether you are a modern day Hitler.

THe woman who has to interview me knows me quite well and is dreading the meeting. With good reason :)

Peter
02-22-2018, 11:20 AM

Which reminds me, there is a bloke here who had never heard of Charles Dickens.

Burney
02-22-2018, 11:23 AM
You have to speak to HR about your issues. They interview to establish whether you are a modern day Hitler.

THe woman who has to interview me knows me quite well and is dreading the meeting. With good reason :)

And what if it turns out you are a modern day Hitler? Or at least your unconscious self is? Can you be sacked for being an unconscious Hitler?

redgunamo
02-22-2018, 11:24 AM

And now the wife has just chipped in from the cheap seats; "You mean Barry White?" :homer:

Pat Vegas
02-22-2018, 11:24 AM

Yes I am not very fond of him.
Canada have taken this 'we are the opposite of the US' stuff way to far.
it's very boring.

Monty92
02-22-2018, 11:26 AM
And what if it turns out you are a modern day Hitler? Or at least your unconscious self is? Can you be sacked for being an unconscious Hitler?

That lecturer chick in Canada (Lindsay Sheperd?) was told that showing her students videos of Jordan Peterson without explicitly telling them that his beliefs are wrong and morally repugnant is akin to showing them videos of "Hitler....or Milo Yiannopoulos" and doing the same. :clap:

Burney
02-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Yes I am not very fond of him.
Canada have taken this 'we are the opposite of the US' stuff way to far.
it's very boring.

He just makes their nation appear incredibly effeminate.

Monty92
02-22-2018, 11:31 AM
He just makes their nation appear incredibly effeminate.

https://twitter.com/ohalloran_k/status/751118656654888960?lang=en

Burney
02-22-2018, 11:34 AM
https://twitter.com/ohalloran_k/status/751118656654888960?lang=en

Fücking shirtlifter.

Mind you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Tart58c7E

Peter
02-22-2018, 11:39 AM

In theory, yes. I signed up to our 'Values' when I was appointed so if I was found to be in contravention of those I could be dismissed. However, they would have to prove that my beliefs were in contravention, not my unconscious self.

We had the same issue over the Prevent training after I not only failed the test but also acknowledged that I held extremist views. when we met about that I explained that some of my views on animal rights might be considered extreme but that in the main I didnt want to restrict myself to views that others would find tolerable,andwanted to reserve the right to hold my views however unfashionable or unpalatable others might find them.

They said I might be overthinking some of this..... :)

Monty92
02-22-2018, 11:42 AM
In theory, yes. I signed up to our 'Values' when I was appointed so if I was found to be in contravention of those I could be dismissed. However, they would have to prove that my beliefs were in contravention, not my unconscious self.

We had the same issue over the Prevent training after I not only failed the test but also acknowledged that I held extremist views. when we met about that I explained that some of my views on animal rights might be considered extreme but that in the main I didnt want to restrict myself to views that others would find tolerable,andwanted to reserve the right to hold my views however unfashionable or unpalatable others might find them.

I'd have thought you'd be right up their Straße on Prevent, what with your rank apologism n'all.

Burney
02-22-2018, 11:44 AM

When in fact they haven't been thinking at all.

Peter
02-22-2018, 11:46 AM
I'd have thought you'd be right up their Straße on Prevent, what with your rank apologism n'all.

I wanted them to confront the issue of radical islamic terrorism head on and take a stand on what would and wouldnt be tolerated, in the name of defending democracy, free speech, poofs etc....

What we got was a pathetic excuse for policy which didnt mention belief-based extremism even in the abstract and played along with the notion that all ideas are welcome as long as they are not 'extreme'- without any detail as to what does and doesnt constitute extremism and who decides.

I am not having that.

Peter
02-22-2018, 11:49 AM
When in fact they haven't been thinking at all.

Quite. If we can ban someone from speaking in opposition to gay marriage why can we not also ban someone speaking in defence of a faith or faiths that oppose it?

I am for free speech in virtually all cases and would welcome anyone here to discuss ideas. My position is not over thought and perfectly understandable. I cannot understand the official position at all.....

Burney
02-22-2018, 11:49 AM
I wanted them to confront the issue of radical islamic terrorism head on and take a stand on what would and wouldnt be tolerated, in the name of defending democracy, free speech, poofs etc....

What we got was a pathetic excuse for policy which didnt mention belief-based extremism even in the abstract and played along with the notion that all ideas are welcome as long as they are not 'extreme'- without any detail as to what does and doesnt constitute extremism and who decides.

I am not having that.

So they think you're an islamophobe, too?

Monty92
02-22-2018, 11:50 AM

I am not having that.

I think tearing down the grand narrative of religious dogma may be slightly beyond the remit of the Home Office, tbh.

Peter
02-22-2018, 12:03 PM
I think tearing down the grand narrative of religious dogma may be slightly beyond the remit of the Home Office, tbh.

True, but I am taking about our own interpretation of it which was hopelessly vague but still implied certain curtailments on your freedom of belief.

Peter
02-22-2018, 12:05 PM
So they think you're an islamophobe, too?

They struggle with the idea that one can be opposed to a curtailment on grounds other than supporting the issue.

when I complained that their symposium debating gay marriage had refused to allow an opponent a platform they asked me why I opposed gay marriage. I had to explain a hundred times that that wasnt the issue and that you simply cannot debate something if you close down one side of the debate.

Monty92
02-22-2018, 12:14 PM
They struggle with the idea that one can be opposed to a curtailment on grounds other than supporting the issue.

when I complained that their symposium debating gay marriage had refused to allow an opponent a platform they asked me why I opposed gay marriage. I had to explain a hundred times that that wasnt the issue and that you simply cannot debate something if you close down one side of the debate.

You are basically our Jordan Peterson, fighting the good fight, with no fear of putting uncomfortable truths ahead of comforting lies.

You're the best, Peter.

Burney
02-22-2018, 12:15 PM
You are basically our Jordan Peterson, fighting the good fight, concerned only by what is right, not what *feels* right.

You're the best, Peter.

:nod: Peter Jordanson

Peter
02-22-2018, 12:57 PM
You are basically our Jordan Peterson, fighting the good fight, with no fear of putting uncomfortable truths ahead of comforting lies.

You're the best, Peter.

Or, just a pain in the arse who has nothing better to do.

redgunamo
02-22-2018, 01:12 PM
.. fighting the good fight, with no fear of putting uncomfortable truths ahead of comforting lies.

Don't you mean "Kevin" Pietersen?

Luis Anaconda
02-22-2018, 01:23 PM
Don't you mean "Kevin" Pietersen?

Red - we need not to talk about Kevin

Ash
02-22-2018, 01:24 PM

http://www.techweez.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/thought-police.jpg

Thought crimes. :-(

I am about to miss the second compulsory 'Diversify' re-education camp as I am not working that day. I don't know whether to keep quiet about it until they track me down or stand up and tell them to go and read 1984.

Peter
02-22-2018, 01:28 PM
http://www.techweez.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/thought-police.jpg

Thought crimes. :-(

I am about to miss the second compulsory 'Diversify' re-education camp as I am not working that day. I don't know whether to keep quiet about it until they track me down or stand up and tell them to go and read 1984.

I usually quite enjoy stuff like this but in recent years it has become a joke. THe looks you get when you say you are not attending the 'celebrate LGBT history' lunch........

I always used to wonder about the anti-nazi league.... what nazis? Are there loads of nazis marching around that I have somehow missed?

Burney
02-22-2018, 01:32 PM
I usually quite enjoy stuff like this but in recent years it has become a joke. THe looks you get when you say you are not attending the 'celebrate LGBT history' lunch........

I always used to wonder about the anti-nazi league.... what nazis? Are there loads of nazis marching around that I have somehow missed?

No. Which is why they have to keep inventing them.

redgunamo
02-22-2018, 01:39 PM

My maths teacher was almost certainly a nazi.

Peter
02-22-2018, 01:40 PM
My maths teacher was almost certainly a nazi.

Mine was a welsh gym teacher.

Sir C
02-22-2018, 01:41 PM

Those ANL ****ers used to make me want to side with the NF. ****ing hippies.

redgunamo
02-22-2018, 01:44 PM

My PE teacher was Welsh too! As a matter of principle, he didn't like the British Lions. So, practically a nazi. Worse, if anything.

Peter
02-22-2018, 01:49 PM
Those ANL ****ers used to make me want to side with the NF. ****ing hippies.

Hippies dont march. They sit.

Most people used to only go to those things for the free Levelllers concert at the end.

Peter
02-22-2018, 01:50 PM
My PE teacher was Welsh too! As a matter of principle, he didn't like the British Lions. So, practically a nazi. Worse, if anything.

My PE teacher was 'not to be trusted around young girls'....... you were not really supposed to say that at the time so we just stuck to the facts instead- that he very certainly ****ed at least two underage girls during the time we were at the school.

Burney
02-22-2018, 01:52 PM

My maths teacher played for Wales. Gerwyn Williams, he was called.

redgunamo
02-22-2018, 01:55 PM
My maths teacher played for Wales. Gerwyn Williams, he was called.

Excellent. Winger, I suppose. They were all wingers back then, weren't they.

SWv2
02-22-2018, 02:44 PM

British and Irish R.

Let's show some respect here please.

Luis Anaconda
02-22-2018, 02:52 PM

Your maths teacher was a Welsh gym teacher? Explains a lot

Luis Anaconda
02-22-2018, 02:52 PM
British and Irish R.

Let's show some respect here please.

If your lot would just grow up and let them play as the British Isles it would all be a lot simpler