PDA

View Full Version : Not really a fan of the Winter Olympics but it has been quite entertaining watching

Billy Goat Sverige
02-20-2018, 12:43 PM
That Christie woman repeatedly crash, get disqualified and get carried off the ice in tears. She’s an absolute train wreck, and a menace.

PSRB
02-20-2018, 12:49 PM
That Christie woman repeatedly crash, get disqualified and get carried off the ice in tears. She’s an absolute train wreck, and a menace.

Did exactly the same at the last Olympics, repeatedly rubbish.......although, i would say a couple of her DQ's have been more than a little harsh/fishy

World's End Stella
02-20-2018, 12:53 PM
I much prefer the Winter Olympics to the Summer Olympics.

I'm not that interested in any of the sports so I just want to watch something mildly entertaining. Sports like bob sledding, downhill skiing, speed skating and even curling are very watchable and enjoyable even if you never played them or particularly understand them. :shrug:

The Summer Olympics has synchronized swimming and gymnastics with a twirling ribbon, :rolleyes:

PSRB
02-20-2018, 12:56 PM

I'm not that interested in any of the sports so I just want to watch something mildly entertaining. Sports like bob sledding, downhill skiing, speed skating and even curling are very watchable and enjoyable. :shrug:

The Summer Olympics has synchronized swimming a gymnastics with a twirling ribbon, :rolleyes:

Far more danger associated with most winter sports, thus makes them inherently more exciting to watch. Saying that, I'm just a sports freak and will watch pretty much any sport (notable exceptions being snooker and the ones you mentioned)

Monty92
02-20-2018, 12:56 PM

I was rather surprised to learn that part of the criteria in the points system for figure skating is sexual chemistry.

I was even more surprised when I then saw a brother and sister duo performing last night :-O

World's End Stella
02-20-2018, 01:00 PM
Far more danger associated with most winter sports, thus makes them inherently more exciting to watch. Saying that, I'm just a sports freak and will watch pretty much any sport (notable exceptions being snooker and the ones you mentioned)

True. It also seems to me that there are less sports that I see where the first thing I think of is what kind of drugs they must be taking to compete. Athletics, cycling and swimming, as three examples from the Summer Olympics, I don't even bother watching because they are nothing but tests of who dopes best.

Pokster
02-20-2018, 01:01 PM
True. It also seems to me that there are less sports that I see where the first thing I think of is what kind of drugs they must be taking to compete. Athletics, cycling and swimming, as three examples from the Summer Olympics, I don't even bother watching because they are nothing but tests of who dopes best.

Swimming doesn't get many failed tests does it?... Curling medalist failed a drugs test!

Rich
02-20-2018, 01:08 PM

I'm not that interested in any of the sports so I just want to watch something mildly entertaining. Sports like bob sledding, downhill skiing, speed skating and even curling are very watchable and enjoyable even if you never played them or particularly understand them. :shrug:

The Summer Olympics has synchronized swimming and gymnastics with a twirling ribbon, :rolleyes:

Perhaps we can give up on The Arsenal and start supporting a Curling team? Curlingwimb :cloud9:

Rich
02-20-2018, 01:09 PM
Swimming doesn't get many failed tests does it?... Curling medalist failed a drugs test!

I'm unsure over how exactly doping helps a Curler, tbh.

Pokster
02-20-2018, 01:11 PM

I should imagine like Beta Blockers helped snooker players

IUFG
02-20-2018, 01:14 PM
I should imagine like Beta Blockers helped snooker players

pfffffft! Beta blockers...this is what makes a snooker player betterer

http://www.snookercentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/bill-werbeniuk-nauttimassa-olutta-pelin-lomassa-huhtikuussa-1988.jpg

https://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/gettyimages-1219253.jpg?quality=88&w=750&h=422

Pokster
02-20-2018, 01:19 PM
He was our local snooker pro..... he certainly liked a drink or 17

SWv2
02-20-2018, 01:26 PM
I watched some curling on Sunday.

Scotland/GB v Italy. 3 fúcking hours they were playing for.

redgunamo
02-20-2018, 01:26 PM
He was our local snooker pro..... he certainly liked a drink or 17

Isn't he Canadian?

redgunamo
02-20-2018, 01:27 PM
pfffffft! Beta blockers...this is what makes a snooker player betterer

http://www.snookercentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/bill-werbeniuk-nauttimassa-olutta-pelin-lomassa-huhtikuussa-1988.jpg

https://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/gettyimages-1219253.jpg?quality=88&w=750&h=422

Beers and fags :cloud9: #WengerOut

SWv2
02-20-2018, 01:27 PM

Lot of core body strength needed apparently, especially for the brushing.

Who knew.

IUFG
02-20-2018, 01:30 PM
Lot of core body strength needed apparently, especially for the brushing.

Who knew.

so the fags and booze wouldn't really help on this occasion?

SWv2
02-20-2018, 01:31 PM
so the fags and booze wouldn't really help on this occasion?

Can't not help.

It's only brushing ffs. Old women do it.

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2018, 01:32 PM

You making the assumption that WES gives a flying **** about anything that involves actual facts

Rich
02-20-2018, 01:35 PM
I watched some curling on Sunday.

Scotland/GB v Italy. 3 fúcking hours they were playing for.

How have Ireland been getting on at the Olympics, SW?

SWv2
02-20-2018, 02:07 PM
How have Ireland been getting on at the Olympics, SW?

We actually had an entrant, competitor if you like.

Now same bloke should have had his shít kicked in for wasting people's time and money but I am not going to sit in judgement of him.

Rich
02-20-2018, 02:11 PM
We actually had an entrant, competitor if you like.

Now same bloke should have had his shít kicked in for wasting people's time and money but I am not going to sit in judgement of him.

Oh, bravo! Well done to the Irishman. Which event did he enter and how did he get on?

Pokster
02-20-2018, 02:15 PM
Oh, bravo! Well done to the Irishman. Which event did he enter and how did he get on?

4 man Bob... hasn't stopped yet

Burney
02-20-2018, 02:18 PM
4 man Bob... hasn't stopped yet

OK, that did make me chuckle.

TheCurly
02-20-2018, 03:03 PM

Big long dander with skis I believe it was.Came a credible 49th out of 300 or some such.

Burney
02-20-2018, 03:24 PM
Isn't he Canadian?

Very much the wrong tense there, r. RIP Big Bill Wobblycheeks.