PDA

View Full Version : So I have now become a victim of the LGBT agenda

World's End Stella
02-20-2018, 12:13 PM
Well, victim might be overstating it slightly. To the extent that my sister is bothered by her daughter's actions I suppose it could be seen to have an impact on me as I rather care for her.

Her daughter, who has been openly gay for some time, has just decided that she is a he, has changed her gender to male on Facebook and is now called James.

Her choice, of course, but it struck me that 20 years ago she would have just happily lived her life out as a gay woman. Her mother, father, grandparents, friends all accepted some time ago that she was gay, so why the need to take another step? Is it possible, just possible, that by going over the top on trans rights we've actually reached a situation where people are making changes that they might not otherwise consider? Changes that aren't really required at all and that cause angst and discomfort and inconveniences both family members and the public at large, just because they can?

:rubchin:

TheCurly
02-20-2018, 12:17 PM
Well, victim might be overstating it slightly. To the extent that my sister is bothered by her daughter's actions I suppose it could be seen to have an impact on me as I rather care for her.

Her daughter, who has been openly gay for some time, has just decided that she is a he, has changed her gender to male on Facebook and is now called James.

Her choice, of course, but it struck me that 20 years ago she would have just happily lived her life out as a gay woman. Her mother, father, grandparents, friends all accepted some time ago that she was gay, so why the need to take another step? Is it possible, just possible, that by going over the top on trans rights we've actually reached a situation where people are making changes that they might not otherwise consider? Changes that aren't really required at all and that cause angst and discomfort and inconveniences both family members and the public at large, just because they can?

The problem here old boy is a common one.Your thoughts on the matter are of zero consequence as it has nothing to do with you :thumbup:

Billy Goat Sverige
02-20-2018, 12:17 PM

I’m sick of it all. Metoo, transgender, gender fluid, vegetarians. They can all get ****ed.

World's End Stella
02-20-2018, 12:19 PM
The problem here old boy is a common one.Your thoughts on the matter are of zero consequence as it has nothing to do with you :thumbup:

Alright Curly? Still insane always and mostly drunk?

Um, yeah, it does have something to do with me. I can imagine my sister, for whom I care a great deal, might be quite bothered about it. As I pointed out in the opening paragraph.

TheCurly
02-20-2018, 12:23 PM
Alright Curly? Still insane always and mostly drunk?

Um, yeah, it does have something to do with me. I can imagine my sister, for whom I care a great deal, might be quite bothered about it. As I pointed out in the opening paragraph.

All good old fellow.
Oh and if he/she is over 18 then it's nothing to do with your sister either :-)
Personally I care not one jot where a chap puts his Willy Wonka or indeed if he cuts it off or has one sown on.Surely it's all about the childs happiness?

Burney
02-20-2018, 12:24 PM

Well, yes. Obviously that is the case. :shrug:

Trans is made-up böllocks that allows kids to parlay their sexual preference into something much more exciting, exclusive and 'special'.

I also think people underestimate the extent to which declaring oneself trans is a power play Just think how much power this nonsense suddenly puts in the hands of bolshy kids. Suddenly, rather than being told what to do by adults, everyone must immediately dance to their tune, mustn't offend them and spend the rest of their lives walking on eggshells.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-20-2018, 12:24 PM

Is she going the whole hog and buying some meat and 2 veg from the butcher?

World's End Stella
02-20-2018, 12:28 PM
All good old fellow.
Personally I care not one jot where a chap puts his Willy Wonka or indeed if he cuts it off or has one sown on.Surely it's all about the childs happiness?

Well, yes, but the question is whether or not she (he) needs to do this to be happy, or is she (he) doing it because of the reasons Burney nicely summarises in the post above? Is it just attention seeking, power seeking, narcissistic behavior that is encouraged by the current obsession (for no particularly good reason that I can see) with trans rights?

Knowing the girl (boy) herself, it would surprise no one if it was the latter. She lives in Vancouver, the politically correct capital of the most politically correct country in the world. There is zero question in my mind that this played into it.

Monty92
02-20-2018, 12:28 PM
Well, yes. Obviously that is the case. :shrug:

Trans is made-up böllocks that allows kids to parlay their sexual preference into something much more exciting, exclusive and 'special'.

I also think people underestimate the extent to which declaring oneself trans is a power play Just think how much power this nonsense suddenly puts in the hands of bolshy kids. Suddenly, rather than being told what to do by adults, everyone must immediately dance to their tune, mustn't offend them and spend the rest of their lives walking on eggshells.

You presumably think body dysphoria is a real thing, though? (albeit a mental disorder that we would be better off treating rather than encouraging to believe is 'normal')

Burney
02-20-2018, 12:29 PM
All good old fellow.

Happiness :nono: Herpénis :thumbup:

World's End Stella
02-20-2018, 12:29 PM
Is she going the whole hog and buying some meat and 2 veg from the butcher?

To be determined. I'm gonna guess no as she's always been an attention seeker so it may be no more than that.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-20-2018, 12:33 PM
To be determined. I'm gonna guess no as she's always been an attention seeker so it may be no more than that.

So I'm guessing that you expect this will blow over in about 3 months time?

Burney
02-20-2018, 12:36 PM
You presumably think body dysphoria is a real thing, though? (albeit a mental disorder that we would be better off treating rather than encouraging to believe is 'normal')

To the extent that a delusion can be 'a real thing', yes.

However, if you start to say that delusions aren't delusions, but real - even desirable - things, you can't be surprised if people then start to claim to be 'suffering' from them.

Think of it this way: today, if someone says that God talks to them, we immediately decide they're probably a paranoid schizophrenic and put them on a course of treatment.

However, back in the day when being talked to by God conferred upon one a special status, lots of people would claim to be hearing the voices. The difference is only between the truly delusional and the cynical, attention-seeking bandwagon jumpers.

World's End Stella
02-20-2018, 12:36 PM
So I'm guessing that you expect this will blow over in about 3 months time?

Oh absolutely not. I just don't think she'll ever go down the operation required route as I doubt she really wants to be male.

Much easier to get attention by asking for us to call her a certain name, use certain pronouns, generally make an issue of it so that she gets the attention she craves.

Ash
02-20-2018, 12:45 PM
All good old fellow.

Children cutting off / sewing on genitalia on a whim is probably not something that should be encouraged, in the same way that experimenting with setting the house on fire should not be encouraged even if playing with matches makes them happy.

I think there has been an instance when research into the long-term effect of sex-change operations on the young was suppressed by a university, in case the results went 'against the paradigm'.

TheCurly
02-20-2018, 12:47 PM
Children cutting off / sewing on genitalia on a whim is probably not something that should be encouraged, in the same way that experimenting with setting the house on fire should not be encouraged even if playing with matches makes them happy.

I think there has been an instance when research into the long-term effect of sex-change operations on the young was suppressed by a university, in case the results went 'against the paradigm'.

Oh I quite agree on the children aspect but once they are over 18 who actually gives a fúck?

Sir C
02-20-2018, 12:49 PM
Oh I quite agree on the children aspect but once they are over 18 who actually gives a fúck?

Well apart from any considerations of morality, it’s costing the NHS a fortune.

World's End Stella
02-20-2018, 12:50 PM

Anyone who objects to having to use a specific trans friendly pronoun to refer to them?

Or their mothers and fathers?

TheCurly
02-20-2018, 12:55 PM
Anyone who objects to having to use a specific trans friendly pronoun to refer to them?

Or their mothers and fathers?

You are quite entitled to use whichever pronoun you'd like imo.I mean, I am "supposed" to call the Queen Your Majesty but that ain't gonna happen anytime fúcking soon.She will get a curt "bout ye Liz?"

Viva Prat Vegas
02-20-2018, 12:58 PM
Which Public Lav will James now be using, Wesley ?

World's End Stella
02-20-2018, 01:02 PM

Fair question, s. My assumption is that Canada is currently spending billions on washrooms designed for every variety of f*cked up tw@t around.

IUFG
02-20-2018, 01:02 PM

the gender-neutral one, of course...

Viva Prat Vegas
02-20-2018, 01:06 PM
I think they have one of those in Brighton
All cubicles and a central set of wash basins

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-20-2018, 01:09 PM
the gender-neutral one, of course...

man. If he concentrates hard enough then, by sheer force of will, he will develop a *****. It may be inordinately small and strongly resemble a clitoris but to say so will be to violate his integrity. His bollócks will probably look uncannily like labia too :nod: .

IUFG
02-20-2018, 01:18 PM
man. If he concentrates hard enough then, by sheer force of will, he will develop a *****. It may be inordinately small and strongly resemble a clitoris but to say so will be to violate his integrity. His bollócks will probably look uncannily like labia too :nod: .

a bloke, a bird, chick with a dick, or vice-versa, or whatever permutation, can all use a gender-neutral toilet, h

SWv2
02-20-2018, 01:33 PM
I think if I was going to switch over from being a chick to a bloke I would go for a more exciting name than James.

Something like Clint or Snake

Rich
02-20-2018, 01:42 PM
I think if I was going to switch over from being a chick to a bloke I would go for a more exciting name than James.

Something like Clint or Snake

I'm not sure that Snake is a particularly pleasant name. I feel like it could alienate her in the future.

Ash
02-20-2018, 01:53 PM
I think they have one of those in Brighton
All cubicles and a central set of wash basins

Have you seen the new public loo on St Giles High Street? It's basically an open urinal for people with point-and-squirt micturition equipment. To be cleaned naturally, by the rain.

SWv2
02-20-2018, 02:08 PM
I'm not sure that Snake is a particularly pleasant name. I feel like it could alienate her in the future.

He/she has clearly never seen Escape from New York.

Burney
02-20-2018, 02:12 PM
Have you seen the new public loo on St Giles High Street? It's basically an open urinal for people with point-and-squirt micturition equipment. To be cleaned naturally, by the rain.

Right. So that'll smell pretty fücking choice in a hot summer, won't it?

Ash
02-20-2018, 02:14 PM
Right. So that'll smell pretty fücking choice in a hot summer, won't it?

Should be ok most years though.

Burney
02-20-2018, 02:28 PM
Should be ok most years though.

But what of poor Sir C as he gaily trips through London in his finest Prince of Wales check natty suitings, boots from Lobbs and with Mr Locke's finest work adorning his bonce, only for his poor nostrils to be assailed by the reek of thousands of drunkards' stale feculence? You know he's a sensitive soul and may faint dead away in such a situation.

Viva Prat Vegas
02-20-2018, 02:32 PM
Ash "Have you seen the new public loo on St Giles High Street? It's basically an open urinal for people with point-and-squirt micturition equipment. To be cleaned naturally, by the rain."

No but I saw that Vas Blackwood has posted pictures of similar open air urinals in Old Street
He used choice Herbie Chapman to describe the slender pointed urinals
"Public pissoles"

Sir C
02-20-2018, 02:35 PM
But what of poor Sir C as he gaily trips through London in his finest Prince of Wales check natty suitings, boots from Lobbs and with Mr Locke's finest work adorning his bonce, only for his poor nostrils to be assailed by the reek of thousands of drunkards' stale feculence? You know he's a sensitive soul and may faint dead away in such a situation.

St Giles High St though. Not a place to trouble a gentleman.

Burney
02-20-2018, 02:38 PM
St Giles High St though. Not a place to trouble a gentleman.

Yes, but you might take a wrong turn. And you don't smoke anymore, so your sense of smell's probably returning.

Sir C
02-20-2018, 02:39 PM
Yes, but you might take a wrong turn. And you don't smoke anymore, so your sense of smell's probably returning.

I still have no use of my right nostril :-( I thought it would have mended itself by now.

Burney
02-20-2018, 02:46 PM
I still have no use of my right nostril :-( I thought it would have mended itself by now.

Well as I recall you did used to make rather a lot of use of your right nostril, so it's probably going to take a while to recover