PDA

View Full Version : WeatherWIMB - Looks like you’ll be getting a real beast from the east on the

Billy Goat Sverige
02-20-2018, 08:23 AM
Weekend/early next week. Time to stock up on the essentials :nod:

Sir C
02-20-2018, 09:02 AM

They've been promising us that for weeks now b. I don't believe them any more. Lyors.

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2018, 09:05 AM
They've been promising us that for weeks now b. I don't believe them any more. Lyors.

Do you want some snow? Been snowing here for days - rather dull now. I can send some over

Sir C
02-20-2018, 09:07 AM
Do you want some snow? Been snowing here for days - rather dull now. I can send some over

I want a massive dump of snow. The sort of snow that traps you indoors with a log fire and a black and white movie. That sort of snow.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-20-2018, 09:19 AM

It’s coming now, C. The ****ing sudden stratospheric warming has done it. I was hoping for an early spring :-(

Burney
02-20-2018, 09:21 AM
I want a massive dump of snow. The sort of snow that traps you indoors with a log fire and a black and white movie. That sort of snow.

I see. And what of my poor little early peas, eh? What of them?

Honestly. You only think of yourself.

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2018, 09:22 AM

School-closing snow - would be lovely. Two of the newer English lads here didn't turn up for work yesterday - we assumed they'd just looked out the window, seen the snow and assumed everything was shut down for the day :naive:

Sir C
02-20-2018, 09:24 AM
I see. And what of my poor little early peas, eh? What of them?

Honestly. You only think of yourself.

Peas? Peas are fine. I always get mine from the freezer anyway :shrug:

Sir C
02-20-2018, 09:25 AM
It’s coming now, C. The ****ing sudden stratospheric warming has done it. I was hoping for an early spring :-(

I hope so b. Last year I bought a Fjallraven quilted coat for walking and tried it out one day when the temperature was about -1. Within 10 minutes I was sweating like a pig, so I haven't been able to wear it since. I want to get some use out of the fúcker, it cost me a fortune.

Burney
02-20-2018, 09:26 AM
Peas? Peas are fine. I always get mine from the freezer anyway :shrug:

Mine are sitting snugly under their cloches safe from frost. However, a dump of snow would crush them and I'd hold you personally responsible.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-20-2018, 09:28 AM
I hope so b. Last year I bought a Fjallraven quilted coat for walking and tried it out one day when the temperature was about -1. Within 10 minutes I was sweating like a pig, so I haven't been able to wear it since. I want to get some use out of the fúcker, it cost me a fortune.

Fjällräven make lovely stuff. Great choice. I’ve got my eye on a nice green one for next winter. £500 :-|

Burney
02-20-2018, 09:28 AM

I bought a Barbour jobbie in autumn. Not the waxed type or the padded things, but waterproof and fleece-lined. It was a superb investment. I've barely had it off all winter.

Sir C
02-20-2018, 09:29 AM
Mine are sitting snugly under their cloches safe from frost. However, a dump of snow would crush them and I'd hold you personally responsible.

Perhaps that will go just a little way to make up for my 14 years of disappointment at not winning a league title occasioned by your bizarre pact with the devil concerning the Cricketash.

That's right. I haven't forgotten. Or forgiven.

Pokster
02-20-2018, 09:30 AM
I bought a Barbour jobbie in autumn. Not the waxed type or the padded things, but waterproof and fleece-lined. It was a superb investment. I've barely had it off all winter.

Fnarr fnarr

Sir C
02-20-2018, 09:30 AM

Sorry to hear that b. :-(

Pokster
02-20-2018, 09:31 AM

:noah: imho

Sir C
02-20-2018, 09:31 AM
Fjällräven make lovely stuff. Great choice. I’ve got my eye on a nice green one for next winter. £500 :-|

:nod: I bought a daypack that's just lovely. Old fashioned canvas and leather, it just exudes quality and is a pleasure to handle.

Burney
02-20-2018, 09:32 AM
Perhaps that will go just a little way to make up for my 14 years of disappointment at not winning a league title occasioned by your bizarre pact with the devil concerning the Cricketash.

That's right. I haven't forgotten. Or forgiven.

You would kill poor, innocent peas just out of petty revenge? You heartless bàstard.

Anyway, I wasn't to know Wenger was going to turn shït was I?

Burney
02-20-2018, 09:33 AM

That's alright. It's a relief, if anything.

Sir C
02-20-2018, 09:34 AM

In the matter of coatings, it would seem that going with the big brand name really does work. Barbour, Aquascutum, Fjallraven and Belstaff. All superb.

Burney
02-20-2018, 09:35 AM
In the matter of coatings, it would seem that going with the big brand name really does work. Barbour, Aquascutum, Fjallraven and Belstaff. All superb.

Do you remember when you used to be able to buy the George Graham overcoat from Aquascutum? :hehe:

Sir C
02-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Do you remember when you used to be able to buy the George Graham overcoat from Aquascutum? :hehe:

I do not. I bought a raincoat from Aquascutum - I remember you raised it as a possible choice - but I was not offered the George Graham version.

Big pockets for brown envelopes, one imagines.

Sir C
02-20-2018, 09:37 AM
:noah: imho

I took the time to do it elegantly. You just prodded it over the line.

Burney
02-20-2018, 09:41 AM
I do not. I bought a raincoat from Aquascutum - I remember you raised it as a possible choice - but I was not offered the George Graham version.

Big pockets for brown envelopes, one imagines.

I do remember. I think I opined that, whatever the merits of its products, 'Aquascutum' is still a terrible name for a brand.

PSRB
02-20-2018, 09:48 AM

:nod: even when they forecast that for South Manchester, we end up with cold rain

Pokster
02-20-2018, 09:56 AM
I took the time to do it elegantly. You just prodded it over the line.

Mine was a first time finish, yours was a show pony trick for the camera

Rich
02-20-2018, 10:16 AM

Have you seen the models for around 28/02? Huge amount of cold air sucked over from Siberia with a massive low in the Channel. Batten down the hatches, imo.

Sir C
02-20-2018, 10:17 AM
Have you seen the models for around 28/02? Huge amount of cold air sucked over from Siberia with a massive low in the Channel. Batten down the hatches, imo.

I keep hearing about these 'models', and it always transpires that there are 7 different blokes punting 7 different models.

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2018, 10:31 AM
I keep hearing about these 'models', and it always transpires that there are 7 different blokes punting 7 different models.

Sounds like a good night. President's Club Charity Dinner?

TheCurly
02-20-2018, 10:45 AM

I watched a documentary about it a while back.The "weather man" enters data into a computer.The computer lashes out 50 different scenarios and highlights the 2 most likely.This is what is shown on the weather forecast.
Basically, weathermen are useless ****s and no more than a data inputter.Well done the computers.

Sir C
02-20-2018, 10:46 AM
I watched a documentary about it a while back.The "weather man" enters data into a computer.The computer lashes out 50 different scenarios and highlights the 2 most likely.This is what is shown on the weather forecast.
Basically, weathermen are useless ****s and no more than a data inputter.Well done the computers.

Bring back Ian McCaskill, I say. That man knew weather.

Burney
02-20-2018, 10:54 AM

Do you know what I really hate about weather forecasters? When they do their forecasts on Countryfile, they do it all casually dressed. This usually means wearing a check shirt and an open collar in the case of the men. How patronising to straw-sucking yokel types is that, eh?

TheCurly
02-20-2018, 10:54 AM

Personally I saw no need to take the topless weather girls off the air

redgunamo
02-20-2018, 10:55 AM

It's been Spring here for a couple of weeks actually. Marvellous. Although the school was closed yesterday as it was "a little bit too chilly out."

:-| #eurotrash

Ash
02-20-2018, 12:24 PM
:nod: I bought a daypack that's just lovely. Old fashioned canvas and leather, it just exudes quality and is a pleasure to handle.

Does it double in weight in the rain?

Sir C
02-20-2018, 12:46 PM
Does it double in weight in the rain?

No, the water runs off it.

Sir C
02-20-2018, 04:46 PM

Hold on, even the BBC are committing to it now. It's happening!

Let's get plenty of tinned food in, boys. We're all going to be 'working from home' next week!