PDA

View Full Version : What's going on?

Sir C
02-19-2018, 09:43 AM
A moron left a note on a parked ambulance saying 'move your van'. Clearly an idiot of the first order.

She has been arrested for 'public order offences'.

The cult status accorded 'Our NHS' is deeply, deeply unhealthy. You can't arrest someone for writing a gobby note, ffs!

Luis Anaconda
02-19-2018, 10:07 AM
A moron left a note on a parked ambulance saying 'move your van'. Clearly an idiot of the first order.

She has been arrested for 'public order offences'.

The cult status accorded 'Our NHS' is deeply, deeply unhealthy. You can't arrest someone for writing a gobby note, ffs!

She was also allegedly verbally abusive to the ambulance men which is why she was probably arrested rather than just the note

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-19-2018, 10:40 AM
She was also allegedly verbally abusive to the ambulance men which is why she was probably arrested rather than just the note

to A&E ya lazy NHS arse****s!"

So, foul and abusive language too.

Ash
02-19-2018, 10:43 AM

If we all went around getting arrested for being verbally abusive we could all end up in the clink before we get to work of a morning. Especially when having to deal with cyclists riding on the pavements, lorries running through red lights etc.

Sir C
02-19-2018, 10:46 AM
If we all went around getting arrested for being verbally abusive we could all end up in the clink before we get to work of a morning. Especially when having to deal with cyclists riding on the pavements, lorries running through red lights etc.

I picture you owning the streets of London like Ratso in Midnight Cowboy, a. "Hey I'm walkin' here!"

redgunamo
02-19-2018, 10:47 AM
I picture you owning the streets of London like Ratso in Midnight Cowboy, a. "Hey I'm walkin' here!"

Oh, I must watch that again sometime. Terrific.

Luis Anaconda
02-19-2018, 10:59 AM

Do you not think there is a difference between just being verbally abusive and being verbally abusive to someone who is in the process of saving someone's life and potentially obstructing them from doing this?

Ash
02-19-2018, 11:01 AM
Do you not think there is a difference between just being verbally abusive and being verbally abusive to someone who is in the process of saving someone's life and potentially obstructing them from doing this?

Yes, I expect so, but then I've heard plenty of stories of nurses and other NHS staff being verbally abused by patients, let alone bystanders, but not that they got arrested for it.

Luis Anaconda
02-19-2018, 11:03 AM
Yes, I expect so, but then I've heard plenty of stories of nurses and other NHS staff being verbally abused by patients, let alone bystanders, but not that they got arrested for it.
Does that make it right?

Sir C
02-19-2018, 11:05 AM
Does that make it right?

Surely that depends what they've done? Imagine a nurse comes round to your house and clubs your dog to death. You're going to give her some well deserved abuse, aren't you? I realise you have no dog and wonder if this is because you fear a visit from the dogbeater?

redgunamo
02-19-2018, 11:06 AM

I was thinking of that old TV show "Only When I Laugh!" awhile ago; no verbally abusing in there. Different times, different NHS, I suppose.

Luis Anaconda
02-19-2018, 11:06 AM
Surely that depends what they've done? Imagine a nurse comes round to your house and clubs your dog to death. You're going to give her some well deserved abuse, aren't you? I realise you have no dog and wonder if this is because you fear a visit from the dogbeater?

I've had plenty of run-ins with nurses down the years, Sir C. No dogs were ever harmed though

redgunamo
02-19-2018, 11:08 AM
I've had plenty of run-ins with nurses down the years, Sir C. No dogs were ever harmed though

Well done, LA #DogsLivesMatter

Viva Prat Vegas
02-19-2018, 11:11 AM
redgunamo "I was thinking of that old TV show "Only When I Laugh!" awhile ago; no verbally abusing in there. Different times, different NHS, I suppose."

:nono: You have forgotten that male Asian nurse with the greased down side-parting known affectionately to the Bolam character as Gunga Din

Viva Prat Vegas
02-19-2018, 11:12 AM
LA "I've had plenty of run-ins with nurses down the years, Sir C. No dogs were ever harmed though"
Sounds sexy
Benny Hill style ?

Ash
02-19-2018, 11:13 AM
Does that make it right?

I didn't say it was.

Surely the police have better things to do. Like arresting people for saying offensive things on the internet. :-)

redgunamo
02-19-2018, 11:14 AM
redgunamo "I was thinking of that old TV show "Only When I Laugh!" awhile ago; no verbally abusing in there. Different times, different NHS, I suppose."

:nono: You have forgotten that male Asian nurse with the greased down side-parting known affectionately to the Bolam character as Gunga Din

Harmless banter, imo.

Viva Prat Vegas
02-19-2018, 11:19 AM
Pre watershed r
As abusive as you can get when going out on at half seven on a Wednesday night

redgunamo
02-19-2018, 11:24 AM
Pre watershed r
As abusive as you can get when going out on at half seven on a Wednesday night

There's a whole bunch of them uploaded on Youtube; I shall refresh the memory.

Viva Prat Vegas
02-19-2018, 11:25 AM
:thumbup:
Apologies in advance for James Bolam's London accent

Luis Anaconda
02-19-2018, 12:16 PM
I didn't say it was.

Surely the police have better things to do. Like arresting people for saying offensive things on the internet. :-)

:nod: Particularly Piers Morgan

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-19-2018, 12:32 PM

You mean we can get arrested for telling someone to f*ck off?

Luis Anaconda
02-19-2018, 12:49 PM
You mean we can get arrested for telling someone to f*ck off?

I didn't say that - I don't think you can, but then context is everything