PDA

View Full Version : Danny Welbeck

IUFG
02-16-2018, 08:23 AM
Fúck me!

He has the grace and poise of Bambi on ice and the ball control of Stephen Hawking.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-16-2018, 08:45 AM
Fúck me!

He has the grace and poise of Bambi on ice and the ball control of Stephen Hawking.

rapist?"

There is always a reason Man Utd offload their junk onto us.

Just Trent
02-16-2018, 08:52 AM
Fúck me!

Danny Dreadful. Another player looking lost in this set up.

Sir C
02-16-2018, 09:00 AM
Fúck me!

I must say, I've seen some inept centre-forward displays in my time. Indeed, I've been responsible for some truly remarkably inept centre-forward displays. But that display... either he's injured or he's taking the piss.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-16-2018, 09:02 AM
Fúck me!

#WengerOut

Billy Goat Sverige
02-16-2018, 09:03 AM
Fúck me!

He was never that great technically and now the injuries seem to have taken away his pace. He’s mostly useless at this point.

Monty92
02-16-2018, 09:08 AM
Lacking leeetle beeet sharpness, Shirley?

Fúck me!

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2018, 09:13 AM
I must say, I've seen some inept centre-forward displays in my time. Indeed, I've been responsible for some truly remarkably inept centre-forward displays. But that display... either he's injured or he's taking the piss.

I know in this day and age we must throw **** at anyone who hasn't scored a hat-trick within 5 minutes of being on the pitch but do you not think that maybe, just maybe after so long out and with so many stalled comebacks, a man might require some game time to rediscover his rhythm? I ask this of you as you are normally more sensible than the other baboons committing here.

He was impressively **** though

Sir C
02-16-2018, 09:22 AM
I know in this day and age we must throw **** at anyone who hasn't scored a hat-trick within 5 minutes of being on the pitch but do you not think that maybe, just maybe after so long out and with so many stalled comebacks, a man might require some game time to rediscover his rhythm? I ask this of you as you are normally more sensible than the other baboons committing here.

He was impressively **** though

Trust me, I spent some hours last night trying to balance my incredulity at his performance against the reality that he has every right to be rusty - but I'm sorry, his movement was sluggardly, his reactions blunt and his touch simply dreadful. Really. He looked injured to me.

I'm not throwing shít at him; I'm not suggesting he's a rubbish footballer or that he should get out of my club, as I believe is the current fashion. I'm simply pointing out that his performance was truly, spectacularly awful.

Rich
02-16-2018, 09:22 AM
He was never that great technically and now the injuries seem to have taken away his pace. He’s mostly useless at this point.

On the plus side Eddie Niketiah can get more game time now. Thought he looked great against Norwich.

Will Lacazette be back by the time we play someone half decent*

* - there aren't any fully decent teams in the EL.

Sir C
02-16-2018, 09:24 AM
On the plus side Eddie Niketiah can get more game time now. Thought he looked great against Norwich.

Napoli, Dortmund, Athletico, Milan. Not fully decent?

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2018, 09:29 AM
Trust me, I spent some hours last night trying to balance my incredulity at his performance against the reality that he has every right to be rusty - but I'm sorry, his movement was sluggardly, his reactions blunt and his touch simply dreadful. Really. He looked injured to me.

I'm not throwing shít at him; I'm not suggesting he's a rubbish footballer or that he should get out of my club, as I believe is the current fashion. I'm simply pointing out that his performance was truly, spectacularly awful.

His own teammates were a bit pissed off with him tbf. Can't be easy when you are out of touch and you have two such wonderful footballer in Mhkitaryan and Özil making the game look so ****ing easy. I was quite impressed by their centre forward actually - looked a handful

Rich
02-16-2018, 09:29 AM

Not really. If they were fully decent they'd be in proper competition. The one we used to be in every year :-(

Burney
02-16-2018, 09:31 AM

There was nothing in his performance that we haven’t seen from him before, though. It was standard Welbeck ineptitude - albeit unleavened by any of the more positive sides of his game.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-16-2018, 09:34 AM

Napoli look like they’re going out. Dortmund might struggle to get through as well after that result last night.

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2018, 09:34 AM

I would actually like to see Nketiah get a chance - we apparently sacked off a very talented young Dutch striker in the summer (Donyell Malan) to ensure room in the squad for young Eddie, so should back him to do well. Have a feeling Lacazette will be back before too long though

Sir C
02-16-2018, 09:39 AM
His own teammates were a bit pissed off with him tbf. Can't be easy when you are out of touch and you have two such wonderful footballer in Mhkitaryan and Özil making the game look so ****ing easy. I was quite impressed by their centre forward actually - looked a handful

The great thing about football is that even if your touch and timing are off, you can still contribute to your team by simply putting in a great effort. Make more runs, close people down, bust a gut, don't bother touching the ball, but he didn't.

I say again, he looked injured.

Sir C
02-16-2018, 09:40 AM
Not really. If they were fully decent they'd be in proper competition. The one we used to be in every year :-(

The team leading Serie A isn't 'fully decent'.

Right.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-16-2018, 09:40 AM

Ghoddos? Yes he was quite impressive. They turned down a £5m bid from someone for him in the January window. Quite disappointing that he choose to play for Iran instead of Sweden. Him and Forsberg could’ve been a good combination on the wings.

Sir C
02-16-2018, 09:43 AM
Napoli look like they’re going out. Dortmund might struggle to get through as well after that result last night.

Napoli might decide to play their first team and sail through if they fancy it. And underestimating Krauts is a mug's game, b.

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2018, 09:43 AM
The great thing about football is that even if your touch and timing are off, you can still contribute to your team by simply putting in a great effort. Make more runs, close people down, bust a gut, don't bother touching the ball, but he didn't.

You may well have a point - there were certainly a couple of balls you would expect him to chase that he gave up on early. Mind you is a bit nippy so I expect he was quite happy to be substituted as well

Billy Goat Sverige
02-16-2018, 09:44 AM
Napoli might decide to play their first team and sail through if they fancy it. And underestimating Krauts is a mug's game, b.

Seems more like you’re underestimating Atalanta and Red Bull Leipzig :rolleyes:

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2018, 09:46 AM
Ghoddos? Yes he was quite impressive. They turned down a £5m bid from someone for him in the January window. Quite disappointing that he choose to play for Iran instead of Sweden. Him and Forsberg could’ve been a good combination on the wings.
That's the one - didn't realise that about playing for Iran, that's a shame.

Some result for Leipzig last night

redgunamo
02-16-2018, 09:47 AM

I agree. It's not as though he's in the team for his goal-scoring, is it. The whole point of him is he makes runs, closes people down, busts a gut and doesn't try to touch the ball too much; if he's not even doing those things, there must be more to it.

Sir C
02-16-2018, 09:49 AM
You may well have a point - there were certainly a couple of balls you would expect him to chase that he gave up on early. Mind you is a bit nippy so I expect he was quite happy to be substituted as well

His sort don't like the cold, you mean? :-(

Billy Goat Sverige
02-16-2018, 09:49 AM
That's the one - didn't realise that about playing for Iran, that's a shame.

Some result for Leipzig last night

Was quite shocked to see that. Although Napoli rested quite a few and you’re asking for it when you do that against a good side.

Burney
02-16-2018, 09:51 AM
Rating for Ghoddos?

Burney
02-16-2018, 09:51 AM

:nod: Positively Noadesian work from la, there.

redgunamo
02-16-2018, 09:52 AM

:nod: Would've poked his nose outside the dressing room and decided, on balance, he'd be better off spending the evening toasting his toes in front of the fire in the rub-a-dub.

#Welbz, I mean, just to be clear. Not LA.

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2018, 09:53 AM

Centre forwards? Yep - hate it

Sir C
02-16-2018, 09:53 AM
:nod: Would've poked his nose outside the dressing room and decided, on balance, he'd be better off spending the evening toasting his toes in front of the fire in the rub-a-dub.

He's from Manchester, r. He'd consider last night 'a touch nippy'.

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2018, 09:54 AM
Rating for Ghoddos?

nice, b, nice

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2018, 09:55 AM
Was quite shocked to see that. Although Napoli tested quite a few and you’re asking for it when you do that against a good side.

I was half watching that and half watching Celtic - thought when Napoli went one up it was all over. Impressive response. Always good to see Pepe Reina look mystified

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2018, 09:56 AM

Yes - I was in the pub well before kick off. Foul evening here

redgunamo
02-16-2018, 09:56 AM
Centre forwards? Yep - hate it

Right. Especially in our side, where they're mostly forced to stand around waiting for our midfield to stop showing off and ball-hogging.

Ash
02-16-2018, 10:00 AM
Right. Especially in our side, where they're mostly forced to stand around waiting for our midfield to stop showing off and ball-hogging.

I thought we just got rid of him?

Not Coquelin, obv.

redgunamo
02-16-2018, 10:11 AM
I thought we just got rid of him?

Not Coquelin, obv.

Very droll, A.

SWv2
02-16-2018, 10:29 AM

Really? That bad??

I only saw snippets because of my commute and other shít.

He is fúcking useless all the same isn't he. I don't mean to be cruel but to be fair we have always been very generous to the lad.

:-(

redgunamo
02-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Really? That bad??

I only saw snippets because of my commute and other shít.

He is fúcking useless all the same isn't he. I don't mean to be cruel but to be fair we have always been very generous to the lad.

:-(

Of course. We do love an honest trier.

IUFG
02-16-2018, 10:44 AM
Really? That bad??

He played like he was on ketamine.

I'll reserve judgement on him until he's played a few more games before his next injury (poor bloke).

He needs to get back to his level of 'a little bit shít' before back to warming the bench / physio's table.

Viva Prat Vegas
02-16-2018, 11:44 AM
Redgunamo "It's not as though he's in the team for his goal-scoring, is it. "

The centre forward?
Right (not)

SWv2
02-16-2018, 02:08 PM
Redgunamo "It's not as though he's in the team for his goal-scoring, is it. "

The centre forward?
Right (not)

To be fair Red is 100% correct. He is not in the team for his goal scoring, centre-forward or not.

He is in the team because we have absolutely no other option. One other option is injured and the other ineligible to play.

He is the football selection equaivalent of being at the very bottom of the barrel and finding a Mancunian shít****.

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2018, 02:14 PM
To be fair Red is 100% correct. He is not in the team for his goal scoring, centre-forward or not.

He is in the team because we have absolutely no other option. One other option is injured and the other ineligible to play.

He is the football selection equaivalent of being at the very bottom of the barrel and finding a Mancunian shít****.

Even Chuba Akpom is out on loan. Although, as you keep telling us, he is **** :rolleyes: amazing that managers of the pedigree of Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho rate him highly

Tony C
02-16-2018, 02:20 PM
Danny is a victim of the 4231 revolution.

Would’ve been great in a front 2 like that old Yorke and Cole partnership.

Injuries and having to be far more skilful and fleet footed in attack hasn’t helped him. These days a winger like Mo Saleh can make hay in role previously occupied by a old school Shearer / Giroud type.

I suppose we should take some blame for this...I mean we did take a winger in Henry and turned him into a phenomenon goal scorer.

Quite like the lad but most likely off in the summer...I mean Lacazette can’t get a game and it’s only a matter of time before Eddie is banging down the door for a start.

SWv2
02-16-2018, 02:36 PM
Even Chuba Akpom is out on loan. Although, as you keep telling us, he is **** :rolleyes: amazing that managers of the pedigree of Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho rate him highly

Of course you are fully aware that to describe any professional footballer as being shíte, especially one employed within the PL (i.e. the peak of professional football in the UK) is a throwaway comment as opposed to a statement of absolute definition.

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2018, 02:46 PM
Of course you are fully aware that to describe any professional footballer as being shíte, especially one employed within the PL (i.e. the peak of professional football in the UK) is a throwaway comment as opposed to a statement of absolute definition.
Of course, you throwaway rather a lot. Not environmentally friendly, sw. Not at all

Viva Prat Vegas
02-16-2018, 02:47 PM
Well yes
Kind of
Welbeck is in the team to make up the numbers as a last resort (fitness, game time etc.)
However, in his position it would be nice if he could you know have a go at putting the ball in the net while he is there
Same as if we had an inexperienced keeper in the goals - last choice but if he could keep the shots out it would be nice of him to do so
If it's not too much bother

SWv2
02-16-2018, 03:05 PM
Of course, you throwaway rather a lot. Not environmentally friendly, sw. Not at all

Perhaps I do but then I am merely a product of my environment and the fast pace of life we live.

Life would be different if when discussing a footballer or a match, in a pub for example the conversation were to go – “Welbeck missed a few chances and failed to control the ball on occasions but we must remember he is a highly trained professional athlete with skills and abilities beyond the dreams of mere people like us. Indeed a succession of very successful managers have chosen to select him in their teams so that alone speaks for his quality”.

To simply say “Welbeck is shíte” is preferable.

He is even shíte on the PS.

Indeed if he were employed in N17 we would all to a man take great pleasure in declaring how shíte he is.

:vsign:

World's End Stella
02-16-2018, 03:56 PM
Perhaps I do but then I am merely a product of my environment and the fast pace of life we live.

Life would be different if when discussing a footballer or a match, in a pub for example the conversation were to go – “Welbeck missed a few chances and failed to control the ball on occasions but we must remember he is a highly trained professional athlete with skills and abilities beyond the dreams of mere people like us. Indeed a succession of very successful managers have chosen to select him in their teams so that alone speaks for his quality”.

To simply say “Welbeck is shíte” is preferable.

He is even shíte on the PS.

Indeed if he were employed in N17 we would all to a man take great pleasure in declaring how shíte he is.

:vsign:

How dare any decent Arsenal supporter question Welbeck's ability on the back of an appalling performance given the long and comprehensive body of outstanding work that all of us have observed since our genius manager acquired him from a rival who had no financial impetus for selling him whatsoever.

:clap:

IUFG
02-22-2018, 09:55 PM
How dare any decent Arsenal supporter question Welbeck's ability on the back of an appalling performance given the long and comprehensive body of outstanding work that all of us have observed since our genius manager acquired him from a rival who had no financial impetus for selling him whatsoever.

:clap:

Well, once off their dodgy plastic pitch, Welbz has shown his class.

Mkhi too looked like the next Silvestre.

Iwobi? Just **** off.

PSRB
02-23-2018, 09:21 AM
Fúck me!

I rather enjoyed Willock coming on and doing a very reasonable impression of Elise Christie

Pokster
02-23-2018, 09:32 AM
I rather enjoyed Willock coming on and doing a very reasonable impression of Elise Christie

You would think that during the warm up they might realise that he had the wrong studs on