PDA

View Full Version : Thon latest gunman fella. You don't suppose he was ever

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-15-2018, 04:23 PM
teased about the way he looked or anything?

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/103E6/production/_100043566_2517b58e-44aa-4850-aa28-eca574c6ca4a.jpg

Burney
02-15-2018, 04:27 PM

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/103E6/production/_100043566_2517b58e-44aa-4850-aa28-eca574c6ca4a.jpg

He doesn't look much different to most gormless teenage boys, tbh. Terrible haircut and big ears, but otherwise normal-looking.

Sir C
02-15-2018, 04:28 PM

Fúcking hell. His name's Cletus, isn't it?

He's a lefty, apparently.

Viva Prat Vegas
02-15-2018, 04:29 PM
Take off the ears and he looks fine

Burney
02-15-2018, 04:32 PM
Take off the ears and he looks fine

He has a certain Jake Gylenhaaaaaaaaaaaaal thing going on imo.

I imagine he'll be popular in prison.

The ears will give them something to hang on to.

Sir C
02-15-2018, 04:37 PM

He's been arrested, I see. That's got to take a pair of bóllocks, hasn't it? You mow down a bunch of innocent bystanders and then, what, wander up to a copper saying, 'Oops, sorry about that, I suppose I'd better come with you." How embarrassing would that be? I wouldn't know where to look. I bet they'd say judgemental things to you as well.

Poor bloke.

Burney
02-15-2018, 04:39 PM
He's been arrested, I see. That's got to take a pair of bóllocks, hasn't it? You mow down a bunch of innocent bystanders and then, what, wander up to a copper saying, 'Oops, sorry about that, I suppose I'd better come with you." How embarrassing would that be? I wouldn't know where to look. I bet they'd say judgemental things to you as well.

Poor bloke.

:nod: Presumably the desire to avoid precisely this sort of social awkwardness is why most of these chaps have the decency to top themselves afterwards.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-15-2018, 09:38 PM
He doesn't look much different to most gormless teenage boys, tbh. Terrible haircut and big ears, but otherwise normal-looking.

wandered away from the Appalachian Mountains, then you might consider this fellow looks normal.

You are aware of the film Deliverance I'm sure. I suspect you refer to that unpleasantness in the woods as the love scene?

bbrian
02-15-2018, 10:19 PM

Reminds me of Jose Antonio Reyes for some reason... the facial expression he likely made when Thierry was tearing into him

7sisters
02-15-2018, 11:41 PM

Why, that's the living embodiment of Alfred.E.Neuman, right there, that is.

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2018, 09:17 AM
Why, that's the living embodiment of Alfred.E.Neuman, right there, that is.

:clap: Knew there was someone he reminded me of

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-16-2018, 09:23 AM

Looks a bit like the love child of Gareth Bale and Martin Keown. Can't quite put my finger on why.....

redgunamo
02-16-2018, 09:28 AM

Not nowadays, he wouldn't, no. You're not allowed to take the mickey; that's the whole trouble, why the world is in such a mess.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-16-2018, 10:05 AM
Not nowadays, he wouldn't, no. You're not allowed to take the mickey; that's the whole trouble, why the world is in such a mess.

It's good that we have one who didn't blow his own head off and it will be fascinating when he is tried. He will openly weep in court as he recounts years of relentless torment and bullying to the point that the american public will take his side. There will be countless offers of marriage and Youtube deals and possibly even his own brand of semi-auto weapons.

redgunamo
02-16-2018, 10:16 AM
It's good that we have one who didn't blow his own head off and it will be fascinating when he is tried. He will openly weep in court as he recounts years of relentless torment and bullying to the point that the american public will take his side. There will be countless offers of marriage and Youtube deals and possibly even his own brand of semi-auto weapons.

I'm not sure he'll have time for all that, to be honest. I imagine Florida will want to march him off to the chair as quickly as possible?

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2018, 10:18 AM
I'm not sure he'll have time for all that, to be honest. I imagine Florida will want to march him off to the chair as quickly as possible?
I'm not convinced a haircut will solve anything, r

Burney
02-16-2018, 10:20 AM

Surely even Florida doesn’t use the chair anymore, does it? It’s all namby-pamby gas chambers and lethal injections these days, isn’t it?

Shame, really. There was something quite spectacular about making people ride the lightning. I mean there was the unfortunate business of them catching fire and cooking alive, but still.

Sir C
02-16-2018, 10:22 AM

He'll have about 48 years on Death Row first, surely? #frivolousappeal

redgunamo
02-16-2018, 10:25 AM
I'm not convinced a haircut will solve anything, r

True. Although his defence team could argue it proves their client was unable to tell the difference between right and wrong. Here's a surveillance photo of their private discussion of the matter

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/G_Sy6oiJbEk/hqdefault.jpg

Burney
02-16-2018, 10:27 AM

I note, by the way, that the usual suspects are outraged by Trump talking about mental illness in this context.

But isn’t that exactly what they do every time an Allan goes on a killing spree? :rubchin:

Sir C
02-16-2018, 10:29 AM
I note, by the way, that the usual suspects are outraged by Trump talking about mental illness in this context.

But isn’t that exactly what they do every time an Allan goes on a killing spree? :rubchin:

It's different with Norwegians, though. Mentally ill Norwegians are entitled to kill people, because patriarchy.

Ash
02-16-2018, 10:31 AM

Maybe he will say he didn't do it.

Burney
02-16-2018, 10:34 AM
It's different with Norwegians, though. Mentally ill Norwegians are entitled to kill people, because patriarchy.

Seems to me that mental illness is a very handy distraction for all sides whenever there’s a fùcking great elephant in the room that they don’t want to mention.

I wonder how the poor old mentallers feel about this, the mental bàstards?

redgunamo
02-16-2018, 10:34 AM

I've no idea, to be honest, but this case seems fairly open and shut, nailed on. And I'm guessing there's not much future for a southern Republican governor who doesn't wholeheartedly support capital punishment. Hurst v The State of Florida is still to be finally decided though, I believe.

Burney
02-16-2018, 10:35 AM

Not topping himself afterwards is just bloody poor form, really. Youngsters these days just have no idea how to behave.

redgunamo
02-16-2018, 10:35 AM

Right. If that's his story, he's probably wise to stick to it.

redgunamo
02-16-2018, 10:40 AM
Surely even Florida doesn’t use the chair anymore, does it? It’s all namby-pamby gas chambers and lethal injections these days, isn’t it?

Shame, really. There was something quite spectacular about making people ride the lightning. I mean there was the unfortunate business of them catching fire and cooking alive, but still.

The customer gets to choose it, or not, I think.

Viva Prat Vegas
02-16-2018, 11:47 AM
:clap: for 7Sisters and his Mad suggestion
:clap: for Alberto Balsom Conditioner for his Keown/Bale fusion

Monty92
02-16-2018, 11:56 AM
There’s a key difference, though.

Gun advocates are unanimous in acknowledging that guns in the hands of the wrong people are dangerous.

Whereas you would never hear an Allan apologist acknowledging that Islam in the hands of the wrong people is dangerous.

Seems to me that mental illness is a very handy distraction for all sides whenever there’s a fùcking great elephant in the room that they don’t want to mention.

redgunamo
02-16-2018, 12:07 PM
There’s a key difference, though.

Gun advocates are unanimous in acknowledging that guns in the hands of the wrong people are dangerous.

Whereas you would never hear an Allan apologist acknowledging that Islam in the hands of the wrong people is dangerous.

They say that all the time, I thought? Religion of peace and a' that.

Monty92
02-16-2018, 12:12 PM
Not quite. They deny the role of Islam entirely BECAUSE it is a religion of peace.

It is either mental illness, western foreign policy, or poverty and alienation.

They say that all the time, I thought? Religion of peace and a' that.

redgunamo
02-16-2018, 01:11 PM
Not quite. They deny the role of Islam entirely BECAUSE it is a religion of peace.

It is either mental illness, western foreign policy, or poverty and alienation.

Sure, but they would say that, wouldn't they. Just like the NRA can justifiably claim to be the Sad Moody Loners With Handguns association of peace, despite getting similarly bantered off whenever something like this happens, despite the fact none of their membership has ever been involved.

redgunamo
02-16-2018, 01:18 PM

In fact, the chap's M.O. is lifted and blocked directly from "Heat", practically movement for movement :-\