PDA

View Full Version : I wouldn't call myself a Homophone but

Ash
02-15-2018, 02:48 PM
I would actually if we can assume that the words pronounced the same with different meanings can have the same, rather than different spellings.

So I am both a type of tree and the remains of a burned thing. Also, a place-name in Kent and probably elsewhere given that it is not only a Saxon word but also the tree in Slavic languages.

Also a ton of meanings for words pronounced in some accents with a silent/dropped H. Cannabis resin, typographic symbol, cakey-thing etc

How homophonic are you?

Burney
02-15-2018, 02:50 PM
I would actually if we can assume that the words pronounced the same with different meanings can have the same, rather than different spellings.

So I am both a type of tree and the remains of a burned thing. Also, a place-name in Kent and probably elsewhere given that it is not only a Saxon word but also the tree in Slavic languages.

Also a ton of meanings for words pronounced in some accents with a silent/dropped H. Cannabis resin, typographic symbol, cakey-thing etc

How homophonic are you?

My name is a homophone for a cloth spread over a coffin and a dark cloud.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 02:51 PM

How homophonic are you?
In the US I am both a toilet and the client of the prostitute. No wonder Donald Trump got confused in Moscow ALLEGEDLY

Burney
02-15-2018, 02:55 PM
In the US I am both a toilet and the client of the prostitute. No wonder Donald Trump got confused in Moscow ALLEGEDLY

Sir C's got it worse imo. :-(

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 02:59 PM
Sir C's got it worse imo. :-(

That's what I've heard