PDA

View Full Version : Weird experience watching Real v PSG last night

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 09:04 AM
Actually enjoying a game of football. wd PSG and Real. Neymar is a ****

Sir C
02-15-2018, 09:08 AM

Yes, it was proper 1,000 mile an hour stuff interlaced with the sort of skill you used to see once a season. wd football.

Neymar should have been off for the dive on the halfway line. ****.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 09:31 AM
Yes, it was proper 1,000 mile an hour stuff interlaced with the sort of skill you used to see once a season. wd football.

Neymar should have been off for the dive on the halfway line. ****.

he should have been - didn't realise at the time he had been booked. ****.

That Marcelo pass for Ronaldo in the first half :love: and there are few things more funny than a keeper stopping the ball with his face

Sir C
02-15-2018, 09:36 AM

That Marcelo pass for Ronaldo in the first half :love: and there are few things more funny than a keeper stopping the ball with his face

Cor, that Isco is a player isn't he? Cor.

PSG must be kicking themselves. They should have got out with a draw imo.

IUFG
02-15-2018, 09:36 AM

Marcelo's gol fue un poco especial

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 09:41 AM
Cor, that Isco is a player isn't he? Cor.

PSG must be kicking themselves. They should have got out with a draw imo.

I can't get passed the fact that he looks like Joe Cole and Jamie Redknapp's lovechild, but yes he is some player. Asensio will be as well

Sir C
02-15-2018, 09:43 AM
I can't get passed the fact that he looks like Joe Cole and Jamie Redknapp's lovechild, but yes he is some player. Asensio will be as well

Ha! Yes, I thought he looked like Redknapp but hadn't seen the Joe Cole bit. You're quite right la.

I got so engrossed in it I forgot to watch Endeavour. Imagine.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 09:55 AM
Ha! Yes, I thought he looked like Redknapp but hadn't seen the Joe Cole bit. You're quite right la.

I got so engrossed in it I forgot to watch Endeavour. Imagine.

It was that good :nod:

I've never seen Endeavour but I notice it has Roger Allam in so must be good (but confusing as he was a bad guy in one Morse episode - the one with Richard Briers ). Also there are NINE series of Lewis - I've only seen about four episodes

Sir C
02-15-2018, 10:00 AM

I've never seen Endeavour but I notice it has Roger Allam in so must be good (but confusing as he was a bad guy in one Morse episode - the one with Richard Briers ). Also there are NINE series of Lewis - I've only seen about four episodes

It's true, I must go back and re-wtahc the Lewises. Ol' wossisname, Laurence Fox, he was ace.

SWv2
02-15-2018, 10:22 AM

Should have been booked prior to his actual booking for another dive when trying to con the referee into booking Nacho for a complete non-foul.

He's a snide wee fúck for sure but a wonderful footballer.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 10:26 AM
Should have been booked prior to his actual booking for another dive when trying to con the referee into booking Nacho for a complete non-foul.

I'm not a fan tbh, sw. Very good footballer but falls short of the Mess/Ronaldo/Iwobi class

Sir C
02-15-2018, 10:31 AM
I'm not a fan tbh, sw. Very good footballer but falls short of the Mess/Ronaldo/Iwobi class

:nod: He's like a slightly more effective Gervinho.

World's End Stella
02-15-2018, 10:37 AM

Quite the dive from Modric to win that free kick as well. But I note no one complaining about that, presumably because he's a whitey.

You lot disgust me with your traditional, establishment based, white oriented views of the world.

#jorgelivesandbreaths

SWv2
02-15-2018, 10:39 AM

I concur but then 2 of the 3 you have named are stellar talents the world does not often see and who we are fortunate to have seen in the flesh, as such.

Ronaldo is not bad either. Boom boom.

I suspect the Brazilian is permanently playing with a chip on his shoulder, he is not the acclaimed world number 1 that the above duo have argued over for years, his move to PSG was I suspect the result of pure greed and bad professional advice and he really needs to deliver the WC this summer to be viewed in his homeland in the same way as the many fabulous talents that have gone before him

Personally speaking I would rather have a Kevin de Bruyne strutting his stuff in N5 instead of Neymar Jnr, I haven’t watched him once this season and came away with anything resembling dislike and quite often it is simply awe.

World's End Stella
02-15-2018, 10:42 AM
I concur but then 2 of the 3 you have named are stellar talents the world does not often see and who we are fortunate to have seen in the flesh, as such.

I suspect the Brazilian is permanently playing with a chip on his shoulder, he is not the acclaimed world number 1 that the above duo have argued over for years, his move to PSG was I suspect the result of pure greed and bad professional advice and he really needs to deliver the WC this summer to be viewed in his homeland in the same way as the many fabulous talents that have gone before him

Personally speaking I would rather have a Kevin de Bruyne strutting his stuff in N5 instead of Neymar Jnr, I haven’t watched him once this season and came away with anything resembling dislike and quite often it is simply awe.

De Bruyne is the best footballer I have seen this year. Salah and Kane slightly behind.

And two of those three were sold by Jose 'greatest manager in the history of the game ever ever ever' Mourinho. :hehe:

SWv2
02-15-2018, 10:43 AM
Quite the dive from Modric to win that free kick as well. But I note no one complaining about that, presumably because he's a whitey.

You lot disgust me with your traditional, establishment based, white oriented views of the world.

#jorgelivesandbreaths

Schoolboy error Wes as Jorge would never criticise Modric.

Sure hasn’t he been following his career and championing him as a talent since his loan season with Zrinjski Mostar in 2003, back in the days when he sat outside a coffee shop in Bradford with an espresso while reading the Gazetta.

God bless J.

I for one miss him.

World's End Stella
02-15-2018, 10:46 AM
Schoolboy error Wes as Jorge would never criticise Modric.

Sure hasn’t he been following his career and championing him as a talent since his loan season with Zrinjski Mostar in 2003, back in the days when he sat outside a coffee shop in Bradford with an espresso while reading the Gazetta.

God bless J.

I for one miss him.

Yes, even I would admit that his 'spice' added to this place. Although the desire I frequently felt to find him and kill him was probably not a good thing.

Shame that Burney bullied him off the board, really. Although I don't recall feeling that way at the time.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 10:52 AM

I concur with all of that. Of all the players on show last night there are a few I would have before him. Including Modric and Kroos

Sir C
02-15-2018, 10:53 AM
Yes, even I would admit that his 'spice' added to this place. Although the desire I frequently felt to find him and kill him was probably not a good thing.

Shame that Burney bullied him off the board, really. Although I don't recall feeling that way at the time.

He hardly bullied him, did he? Unless 'telling the truth' is bullying. He may, perhaps, have been a trifle blunt, but he told no untruths.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 10:56 AM
De Bruyne is the best footballer I have seen this year. Salah and Kane slightly behind.

And two of those three were sold by Jose 'greatest manager in the history of the game ever ever ever' Mourinho. :hehe:

Far be it from me to defend Mourinho but it took de Bruyne quite some time to "get it". It was about halfway through a season with Wolfsburg when he suddenly realised he could pass the ball rather than just hog it and shoot all the time, since which time he has developed into one of the best five players in the world. Given the generally cretinous nature of football fans - without going all Full Monty, no one wants that - he simply wouldn't have been afforded the patience at a "big" club to work out his weaknesses, hence I can understand Mourinho's reluctance/lack of patience

World's End Stella
02-15-2018, 10:57 AM
I concur with all of that. Of all the players on show last night there are a few I would have before him. Including Modric and Kroos

Kroos also guilty of an embarrassing dive trying to win a pen, I think.

SWv2
02-15-2018, 11:00 AM
Kroos also guilty of an embarrassing dive trying to win a pen, I think.

Foreigners you see.

Unlike Alli who uses cunning.

I hate that wee **** and I don't often hate footballers. Last one was Stephen Hunt.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 11:03 AM
Foreigners you see.

Unlike Alli who uses cunning.

I hate that wee **** and I don't often hate footballers. Last one was Stephen Hunt.
I was reading Hunt's column in the Irish Independent a couple of weeks back - it was actually quite good. Not a big fan of Mourinho.

**** all the same

SWv2
02-15-2018, 11:07 AM
I was reading Hunt's column in the Irish Independent a couple of weeks back - it was actually quite good. Not a big fan of Mourinho.

**** all the same

I wouldn't read it. Ken Early is the only Irish columnist I may go out of my way to seek down his work.

On a seperate but similar issue I was stood on Tuesday morning in the coffee shop queue right next to Mr E Dunphy. I was tempted to engage him in some light CL based banter but I fear I may just have had to call him a **** thus ruining the ambience and setting the day off on a bad foot.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't read it. Ken Early is the only Irish columnist I may go out of my way to seek down his work.

On a seperate but similar issue I was stood on Tuesday morning in the coffee shop queue right next to Mr E Dunphy. I was tempted to engage him in some light CL based banter but I fear I may just have had to call him a **** thus ruining the ambience and setting the day off on a bad foot.
You should have just tapped him on the shoulder and reminded him Liam Brady is the greatest footballer Ireland has ever produced and walked out

SWv2
02-15-2018, 11:17 AM
You should have just tapped him on the shoulder and reminded him Liam Brady is the greatest footballer Ireland has ever produced and walked out

Guess who he is talking about here.

""That was one moment but if you were to put together, as we often did on RTE before games, his showreel. It's wonderful. Wonderful precision in his passing. Wonderful support for his teammates on the ball. He was a fabulous players and I think the crowd loved him because he was reminiscent of a different era. He was a street footballer.

"He had the same kind of skillset as Lionel Messi. I'm not suggesting he was as good as Lionel Messi but the same skillset. A little wriggle of the hips and he'd lost you.

"He was a joy to watch and I can only imagine a joy to play with as well."

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 11:40 AM
Guess who he is talking about here.

""That was one moment but if you were to put together, as we often did on RTE before games, his showreel. It's wonderful. Wonderful precision in his passing. Wonderful support for his teammates on the ball. He was a fabulous players and I think the crowd loved him because he was reminiscent of a different era. He was a street footballer.

"He had the same kind of skillset as Lionel Messi. I'm not suggesting he was as good as Lionel Messi but the same skillset. A little wriggle of the hips and he'd lost you.

"He was a joy to watch and I can only imagine a joy to play with as well."

Roy Keane?

SWv2
02-15-2018, 11:45 AM
Roy Keane?

Wes Houlihan.

Yes, the Norwich player.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-15-2018, 11:47 AM

Every time I watch PSG it makes me sad we didn’t try and sign Rabiot before he broke into the team. Excellent player.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 12:12 PM
Wes Houlihan.

Yes, the Norwich player.
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: He had quite the crush in him I remember

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 12:14 PM
Every time I watch PSG it makes me sad we didn’t try and sign Rabiot before he broke into the team. Excellent player.

Indeed - terrible hair though.

On another note - thank **** Hughes is back for next week. Need a proper No 8 in there. Be interesting to see if Daly goes straight back in. Harsh to drop May after two tries but Daly is different class (if fit)

Billy Goat Sverige
02-15-2018, 12:41 PM
Indeed - terrible hair though.

On another note - thank **** Hughes is back for next week. Need a proper No 8 in there. Be interesting to see if Daly goes straight back in. Harsh to drop May after two tries but Daly is different class (if fit)

I was having nightmares he’d put Haskell in there at 8. I think you have to pick Daly if he’s fit. Could always try him next to Farrell if he wants to keep May in there.

Ash
02-15-2018, 12:46 PM

:nod: Roger Allam is excellent as DI Fred Thursday. The real star of the series, in the same way that Laurence Fox was the star of Lewis.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 12:47 PM
I was having nightmares he’d put Haskell in there at 8. I think you have to pick Daly if he’s fit. Could always try him next to Farrell if he wants to keep May in there.

Forgot about Haskell... I think Daly at 13 is a risk. JJ against the Scottish should be fun. Think May has to miss out. I know he'll stick with Brown but really looking forward to the time when he plays Nowell, Watson, Daly as a back three

Rich
02-15-2018, 12:51 PM

Do you think we can ever be as good as either of them? Wouldn't it be exhilarating to be a supporter of their's?

Instead we're stuck with watching Welbeck run about like a headless chicken on an astroturf pitch in the middle of Sweden on a Thursday evening :-(

Rich
02-15-2018, 12:53 PM

Kane is not what I would describe as a tremendous footballer. Nor is he anywhere close to being as good as De Bruyne. He's exceptional at what he does well but not a lot else.

Tony C
02-15-2018, 12:54 PM
Ronaldo’s 2nd goal was better than Salah’s IMO

one chance at it and computed the correct adjustments for the cushioned shot off the lower thigh.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-15-2018, 12:56 PM

appalled him so deeply he decided to leave and never return

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 01:00 PM
Kane is not what I would describe as a tremendous footballer. Nor is he anywhere close to being as good as De Bruyne. He's exceptional at what he does well but not a lot else.

What he does is score goals by the bucketload and wins matches - kind of a big ****ing part of the game, not sure what else you expect from him. He has also improved hugely nearly every aspect of his game since he broke into Spurs side - the ****. Him not you - for once :)

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 01:02 PM
Do you think we can ever be as good as either of them? Wouldn't it be exhilarating to be a supporter of their's?

Instead we're stuck with watching Welbeck run about like a headless chicken on an astroturf pitch in the middle of Sweden on a Thursday evening :-(

Personally no - but then I have long held a dislike for him so I may be biased. Hat-trick for Danny tonight

World's End Stella
02-15-2018, 01:04 PM
Forgot about Haskell... I think Daly at 13 is a risk. JJ against the Scottish should be fun. Think May has to miss out. I know he'll stick with Brown but really looking forward to the time when he plays Nowell, Watson, Daly as a back three

I assume you and BGs both agree that was a try for the Welshers on Saturday? Quite how the TMO misses that I don't know.

He seemed to introduce the idea of having the ball under control when you touched it down, but the rules I read in the papers made no mention of this.

Bizarre.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 01:11 PM
I assume you and BGs both agree that was a try for the Welshers on Saturday? Quite how the TMO misses that I don't know.

He seemed to introduce the idea of having the ball under control when you touched it down, but the rules I read in the papers made no mention of this.

Bizarre.

No - as the replays clearly show Evans' finger touching the ball so the subsequent grounding debate is irrelevant. Though I still think it is debatable - the wording of the rules say "Is first to ground the ball in the opponents’ in-goal, against the opponents’ goal post or its surrounding padding". Merely touching the ball is not grounding it - surely the first person to ground it was Watson under any reasonable definition.

Speaking of which this is the WRU's own definition:

By holding it and touching the ground with it; or

By pressing down on it with a hand or hands, arm or arms, or the front of the player’s body from waist to neck.

Neither of which Anscombe did. Rolland should have shut his cheating hole. He was a terrible referee and a cheat (it was disgraceful he was ever allowed to ref France games - got away with murder)

World's End Stella
02-15-2018, 02:02 PM
No - as the replays clearly show Evans' finger touching the ball so the subsequent grounding debate is irrelevant. Though I still think it is debatable - the wording of the rules say "Is first to ground the ball in the opponents’ in-goal, against the opponents’ goal post or its surrounding padding". Merely touching the ball is not grounding it - surely the first person to ground it was Watson under any reasonable definition.

Speaking of which this is the WRU's own definition:

By holding it and touching the ground with it; or

By pressing down on it with a hand or hands, arm or arms, or the front of the player’s body from waist to neck.

Neither of which Anscombe did. Rolland should have shut his cheating hole. He was a terrible referee and a cheat (it was disgraceful he was ever allowed to ref France games - got away with murder)

Hmmm, that puts you very much in the minority from the reviews I have read. I found it impossible to tell if the ball hit Evans finger or leg, it wasn't clear from the reply imo. And the commentators at the time thought that it clearly hadn't touched his fingers.

'By pressing down on it with a hand' - you don't think Anscombe did this? Looked to me like he did.

I suppose the other side of it is that it was only the Welsh, after. Sorry Mrs SW, just the way it is.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Hmmm, that puts you very much in the minority from the reviews I have read. I found it impossible to tell if the ball hit Evans finger or leg, it wasn't clear from the reply imo. And the commentators at the time thought that it clearly hadn't touched his fingers.

'By pressing down on it with a hand' - you don't think Anscombe did this? Looked to me like he did.

I suppose the other side of it is that it was only the Welsh, after. Sorry Mrs SW, just the way it is.

Watch this link
https://rugbyonslaught.com/update-enhanced-footage-shows-anscombe-try-disallowed-anyway/

Obviously this wasn't the footage available on the day but it clearly shows contact with the hand.

You must have a strange definition of pressing down - that is what Watson did. Anscombe pushed the ball forward if anything. Bottom line is if there is no TMO no way a referee gives that as a try. As you say only the Welsh - and if we really want to analyse the officials on the look at the penalty count (10-2 in favour of Wales) despite their frequent infringements, including one ruck where a Welsh forward committed at least three offences and was deemed to have won the ball fairly. Basically **** em