PDA

View Full Version : What's there to do in this dump? London.

eastgermanautos
02-14-2018, 07:00 PM
The earth did fresh array,
So fresh they seemed as day,
Even as their bridal day, which was not long:
Sweet Thames, run softly, till I end my song.

As I like to say. Seriously, dudes, hook me up. Imma get so sh!tfaced in your town here.

Sir C
02-14-2018, 07:22 PM

As I like to say. Seriously, dudes, hook me up. Imma get so sh!tfaced in your town here.

Well, what would you like to do? This is LONDON, not some hick ****hole like LA; you can do whatever you desire.

What do you desire?

Tony C
02-14-2018, 07:41 PM
Adultwork.com

Enjoy....

eastgermanautos
02-14-2018, 09:46 PM
Adultwork.com

Enjoy....

:nod: :thumbup:

SWv2
02-15-2018, 08:59 AM

Some answer about it being the greatest city in the world etc.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 09:03 AM

Fúck off to the airport and go home I would say

SWv2
02-15-2018, 09:28 AM
Fúck off to the airport and go home I would say

Somebody stayed too long in the pub last night.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2018, 09:29 AM
Somebody stayed too long in the pub last night.

Actually went home right after the final whistle. We did start drinking in work at 5 though

Ash
02-15-2018, 02:03 PM
What's there to do in this dump? London.

You can phucking walk around the place for a start, which is more than can be said for that total utter fùcking shíthole Dead Loss Angeles.

eastgermanautos
02-15-2018, 02:07 PM
You can phucking walk around the place for a start, which is more than can be said for that total utter fùcking shíthole Dead Loss Angeles.

Nope, you make a good point. It's not even socially acceptable to walk in LA. Many's the time I've chosen to jog because I could not face the stigma actually of walking in LA.

But that's what I'm gonna do here, between meetings and stuff. What's some good walking neighborhoods up in this burgh? The only thing is I'm absolutely going to be crushed by a bus because you idiots drive on the wrong side.

Ash
02-15-2018, 02:14 PM
Nope, you make a good point. And that's what I'm gonna do. Between meetings and stuff. The only thing is I'm absolutely going to be crushed by a bus because you idiots drive on the wrong side.

Good walking neighborhoods in this burgh?

:hehe: All of it. Git yourself a London Hidden Walks book from Stanfords on Long Acre, Covent Garden.

Or just wander round Bloomsbury, Soho, Holborn, St Giles, Temple, Fitzrovia, Marylebone, The City, Islington, Highgate, Hampstead, Chelsea, Spitalfields, Chiswick, Wapping, Westminster, Clerkenwell, Bermondsey, Pimlico, Camden, Belgravia, Clapham etc etc

SWv2
02-15-2018, 02:22 PM
:hehe: All of it. Git yourself a London Hidden Walks book from Stanfords on Long Acre, Covent Garden.

Or just wander round Bloomsbury, Soho, Holborn, St Giles, Temple, Fitzrovia, Marylebone, The City, Islington, Highgate, Hampstead, Chelsea, Spitalfields, Chiswick, Wapping, Westminster, Clerkenwell, Bermondsey, Pimlico, Camden, Belgravia, Clapham etc etc

Or just wander round all of them

#ashonasaturdaywhennogameison

Ash
02-15-2018, 02:27 PM
Or just wander round all of them

#ashonasaturdaywhennogameison

:nod: Planning to walk home from Uxbridge on Saturday.

Viva Prat Vegas
02-15-2018, 02:28 PM
Perhaps Eastgermanautos could hook up with Ash
Or follow him
(He normally starts in Highgate Cemetary :thumbup: )

Ash
02-15-2018, 02:31 PM

That's where I'd quite like to end up.

Not yet though.

SWv2
02-15-2018, 02:32 PM
:nod: Planning to walk home from Uxbridge on Saturday.

Good Jesus A, a routine search on the AA suggests this distance to be approx. 19.9m.

Essentially a marathon.

Mind you I did put in Holloway instead of Upper Holloway.

Burney
02-15-2018, 02:39 PM
Perhaps Eastgermanautos could hook up with Ash
Or follow him

Are you suggesting a is some sort of revenant who rises from the grave in order to pursue his peregrinations around the capital? :sherlock:

Now I think about it, I have never seen him in daylight. :rubchin:

Ash
02-15-2018, 03:00 PM
Good Jesus A, a routine search on the AA suggests this distance to be approx. 19.9m.

Essentially a marathon.

Mind you I did put in Holloway instead of Upper Holloway.

It isn't a marathon because you don't have to run the damn thing, and you don't need three alcohol-free months of training for it, as a friend is currently enduring in preparation for the London Marathon.

We did 20 miles back from Epping and it did get a bit slow on the final haul up the Holloway Road. This one could be a bit further because the route you saw probably wen't straight down the A40, and having walked a stretch of it before it isn't a route we'd prefer to do again. So some route to the north of it will be taken. There will be an early start and many pit stops.