PDA

View Full Version : So it's Valentine's Day and Real Madrid play PSG tonight

World's End Stella
02-14-2018, 09:46 AM
:-|

and :-| again.

I have a bottle of Bollinger, some expensive choccies and shall buy a card later today (against my will) but you think there is any chance I get to watch the game?

Nope. :-(

SWv2
02-14-2018, 01:00 PM

I have a bottle of Bollinger, some expensive choccies and shall buy a card later today (against my will) but you think there is any chance I get to watch the game?

I honestly don’t mean to come across as a curmudgeonly non-romantic but do you honestly ‘celebrate’ the day?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-14-2018, 01:12 PM

Mercy me WES are all you moose botherers hen pecked wretches or are you a rarity?

One doesn't ask permission to watch the football. One simply cracks open one's tin of lager, assumes a surly and macho demeanour in one's favourite chair and commences watching. One must then exude menace which will deter her from interrupting one's sporting experience.

World's End Stella
02-14-2018, 01:39 PM
I honestly don’t mean to come across as a curmudgeonly non-romantic but do you honestly ‘celebrate’ the day?

Always - bottle of nice bubbly (Bollinger this year), a nice meal in and some posh chocolates. Also, a card each.

And later today I shall be buying the aforementioned card and chocs. I hope. :-(

SWv2
02-14-2018, 01:47 PM
Always - bottle of nice bubbly (Bollinger this year), a nice meal in and some posh chocolates. Also, a card each.

And later today I shall be buying the aforementioned card and chocs. I hope. :-(

I suppose what harm if it is a mutually enjoyable evening. I / we don't bother with it at all though the wife does leave a card for both kids.

Now I expect Sir C to mosey along in due course and ridicule your choice of champagne, that being his style.

p.s. I would just go now and get said chocs/card. You don't want to be halfway home and remember.

Sir C
02-14-2018, 01:48 PM
I suppose what harm if it is a mutually enjoyable evening. I / we don't bother with it at all though the wife does leave a card for both kids.

Now I expect Sir C to mosey along in due course and ridicule your choice of champagne, that being his style.

p.s. I would just go now and get said chocs/card. You don't want to be halfway home and remember.

Nothing wrong with Bolli. :shrug: A little obvious, perhaps, but he's American, so what do you expect?

SWv2
02-14-2018, 01:50 PM
Nothing wrong with Bolli. :shrug: A little obvious, perhaps, but he's American, so what do you expect?

You just couldn't help yourself could you.

:hehe:

I like the pink one, Laurent Perrier? I'm not gay all the same.

Monty92
02-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Hang on, your wife leaves Valentines cards for your children?

World's End Stella
02-14-2018, 01:58 PM
You just couldn't help yourself could you.

:hehe:

I like the pink one, Laurent Perrier? I'm not gay all the same.

Both were 25% off at Waitrose, not too late SW!

I went with Bolli as we had the LP rose at Xmas

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-14-2018, 02:05 PM

They're irishers m. They often swap their children for food.

SWv2
02-14-2018, 02:07 PM

She does. It is what is commonly referred to as "a joke".

The 10 year old boy takes it quite badly as the concept of a girl wanting to smooch him makes him feel sick. I am not sure how the girl reacts.

I expect you don’t because to do so would be to pigeon hole your children as being one gender or another, or to put them in a position of vulnerability or whatever which is not of their choosing.

Monty92
02-14-2018, 02:11 PM

The 10 year old boy takes it quite badly as the concept of a girl wanting to smooch him makes him feel sick. I am not sure how the girl reacts.

I expect you don’t because to do so would be to pigeon hole your children as being one gender or another, or to put them in a position of vulnerability or whatever which is not of their choosing.

Listen, I may well be a ****, but that kind of **** I am not

Burney
02-14-2018, 02:12 PM

:nod: You know his missus bought him hand cream, right? That's either an acknowledgement that he is a soft-handed fairy boy or a less than subtle signal to him that if he wants sexual release over the next year he's going to have to take care of himself.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-14-2018, 02:36 PM
:nod: You know his missus bought him hand cream, right? That's either an acknowledgement that he is a soft-handed fairy boy or a less than subtle signal to him that if he wants sexual release over the next year he's going to have to take care of himself.

poove by Liberace.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-14-2018, 02:37 PM

There is absolutely nothing special about today so there should be no special reason whatsoever that you shouldn't watch the game.

Ash
02-14-2018, 02:54 PM
There is absolutely nothing special about today so there should be no special reason whatsoever that you shouldn't watch the game.

Other than the fact that it's on Bee fecking Tea of course.

Burney
02-14-2018, 02:58 PM

I get Mobile subscriptions to both BT and Sky Sports Mobile absolutely free. Not really sure how this came about, but it's quite good.

SWv2
02-14-2018, 03:46 PM
I get Mobile subscriptions to both BT and Sky Sports Mobile absolutely free. Not really sure how this came about, but it's quite good.

I get all BT Sports including HD absolutely free, not sure how. Some tie in with Eircom.

Wd BT.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-14-2018, 03:58 PM

That's just a regular reason