PDA

View Full Version : :Boxsetwimb: Black Sails on Amazon Prime

7sisters
02-13-2018, 01:41 PM
Very watchable and loads of guts, gore and dirty sexy stuff, during the Golden age of Piracy.
I'm into the second season of four and it's not bad at all.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2018, 01:49 PM
Very watchable and loads of guts, gore and dirty sexy stuff, during the Golden age of Piracy.

Does that have Toby Stephens in? Heard it was good - must check it out

Sir C
02-13-2018, 01:50 PM

I heard Michael Bay had something to do with it.

Michael fúcking Bay.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2018, 01:54 PM
I heard Michael Bay had something to do with it.

Michael fúcking Bay.
He made Bad Boys and The Rock - he’s ace man

Sir C
02-13-2018, 01:56 PM
He made Bad Boys and The Rock - he’s ace man

Mark Kermode told me his gender politics are all over the place.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2018, 01:57 PM

Well he looks like a poor man’s Michael Bolton so that might explain a lot

Burney
02-13-2018, 02:14 PM

Mark Kermode is a tedious lefty prick whose sanctimonious sermonising forced me to stop listening to a podcast I had previously enjoyed in spite of him.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2018, 02:22 PM
Mark Kermode is a tedious lefty prick whose sanctimonious sermonising forced me to stop listening to a podcast I had previously enjoyed in spite of him.

Having been to many screenings where he has been present and would hold court among his fellow “important” critics, tedious really isn’t the word. Almost put me off the free beer and food, which was generally my reason for being there

Sir C
02-13-2018, 02:30 PM

I think he's been told to wind back the leftiness recently, actually.

Burney
02-13-2018, 02:34 PM
I think he's been told to wind back the leftiness recently, actually.

Too late for me, I'm afraid. I just got sick of having to switch to something else while he said things like 'ALTERNATIVE FACTS' in the manner of a fourth former who thinks he's being awfully clever. Tit.

I bet he's still drooling over all and any lefty 'message' movie, though, isn't he?

Sir C
02-13-2018, 02:35 PM
Too late for me, I'm afraid. I just got sick of having to switch to something else while he said things like 'ALTERNATIVE FACTS' in the manner of a fourth former who thinks he's being awfully clever. Tit.

I bet he's still drooling over all and any lefty 'message' movie, though, isn't he?

Oh, absolutely. Trotkskyist nob.

Burney
02-13-2018, 02:40 PM
Oh, absolutely. Trotkskyist nob.

I think the beginning of the end came when I had to listen to the pair of them essentially fellating Ken Loach while supposedly reviewing 'I, Daniel Blake'. :puke:

Billy Goat Sverige
02-13-2018, 02:42 PM

My girlfriend started watching that on Netflix. I couldn’t really get into it. It’s no Sharpe.

Burney
02-13-2018, 02:48 PM
My girlfriend started watching that on Netflix. I couldn’t really get into it. It’s no Sharpe.

Sharpe was ace. Sean Bean would have beef with a posh chap and eventually take him down a peg or two. Then he'd have it off with a lady (usually after saving her from rape), then they'd batter the French and then that old chap would sing something through his nose. Credits.

Smashing.

7sisters
02-13-2018, 04:21 PM

It took me a few episodes but then those big t'itted whores in the Nassau brothel lured me in.

Luis Anaconda
02-14-2018, 09:11 AM
It took me a few episodes but then those big t'itted whores in the Nassau brothel lured me in.
You're selling this quite well, 7s