PDA

View Full Version : So we have 11 league games left, of which all but two are basically nailed-on wins

Monty92
02-12-2018, 03:58 PM
While Spurs still have the rigors of the FA Cup and Champions League to contend with, not to mention the inevitable Harry Kane to Madrid rumours to destabilise them.

Power shift indeed :hehe:

World's End Stella
02-12-2018, 04:02 PM
While Spurs still have the rigors of the FA Cup and Champions League to contend with, not to mention the inevitable Harry Kane to Madrid rumours to destabilise them.

Deflection - man up and admit you look an idiot after your 'we'll only be a few points behind Spurs' posts and let one and all know that even a servile dimwit like you now recognizes that he needs to go.

Nice try, though. :-)

Monty92
02-12-2018, 04:25 PM
Deflection - man up and admit you look an idiot after your 'we'll only be a few points behind Spurs' posts and let one and all know that even a servile dimwit like you now recognizes that he needs to go.

Nice try, though. :-)

"Needs to go" :hehe:

I bet he's also "lost the plot", right?

And don't forget "time for change"

You're so.....artless

World's End Stella
02-12-2018, 05:05 PM
"Needs to go" :hehe:

I bet he's also "lost the plot", right?

And don't forget "time for change"

You're so.....artless

More deflection - you would have felt differently had I said 'is no longer capable of motivating the players or implementing the sort of tactical discipline needed to compete against teams like Man City and Chelsea'?

C'mon Monty, man up and accept how badly wrong you've been. I'm sure we're generous enough to only laud it over you for a few days.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-12-2018, 07:03 PM
More deflection - you would have felt differently had I said 'is no longer capable of motivating the players or implementing the sort of tactical discipline needed to compete against teams like Man City and Chelsea'?

C'mon Monty, man up and accept how badly wrong you've been. I'm sure we're generous enough to only laud it over you for a few days.

You really are the most frightful bully WES. You know damn well that Monty, despite all the bluff, bluster and arrant bóllocks, is a pitifully insecure individual who is now blubbing like a scolded girl-child at your cruel barbs.

There is an unwritten rule here that we allow Monty to believe that, in addition to being a respected and globally published football author, he is some kind of soothsayer of the game with a Guardiolesque eye for where a match is won and lost.

You say sorry right now!

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-12-2018, 07:07 PM

I have to admit, i fell for it I really did. Sat back in the knowledge that good old Monty knows his football, an expert no less, and we would be one point ahead of Spurs coming into the weekend.

This is what you get for trusting experts.

Peter
02-12-2018, 07:30 PM

Nailed on wins :hehe::clap:

SWv2
02-13-2018, 09:44 AM

I will be straight up with you M, I am not really sure what your point is.

The concept of a power shift is a red top media term, I would like to think it is not an everyday conversational term used by any person that frequents this place.

Naturally the fundamental point of what you have written is to stir and seek a reaction, so well done.

World's End Stella
02-13-2018, 09:58 AM
I will be straight up with you M, I am not really sure what your point is.

The concept of a power shift is a red top media term, I would like to think it is not an everyday conversational term used by any person that frequents this place.

Naturally the fundamental point of what you have written is to stir and seek a reaction, so well done.

Of course it was just stirring, but still hard to pass up pointing out to Monty how horribly wrong he's been all along.

Besides, I honestly believe that deep inside him he still thinks that Wenger will eventually vindicate him. :hehe:

It's quite sweet, really.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-13-2018, 10:13 AM

I’ll play along. We will be focusing on the Europa so will draw/lose more than 2 of those 11 :shrug:

SWv2
02-13-2018, 10:42 AM
I’ll play along. We will be focusing on the Europa so will draw/lose more than 2 of those 11 :shrug:

Steady on Swedish, even without a focus on Europe our form would suggest points being dropped in a few matches.

Monty is a dick.

Burney
02-13-2018, 10:44 AM
Steady on Swedish, even without a focus on Europe our form would suggest points being dropped in a few matches.

Monty is a dick.

I like how Monty has become the new modd. We'll be dancing in the streets of Islington come May.

Monty92
02-13-2018, 10:56 AM
doubling down on my (now laughable) suggestion about two weeks ago that we'll probably be ahead of them in the table by now? :shrug:

As for Wenger, I literally reckon I must have said 300 times over the past few years that there's every chance that replacing him is the right decision, so I'm not sure what I've been "horribly wrong" about...

Of course it was just stirring, but still hard to pass up pointing out to Monty how horribly wrong he's been all along.

Besides, I honestly believe that deep inside him he still thinks that Wenger will eventually vindicate him. :hehe:

It's quite sweet, really.

World's End Stella
02-13-2018, 11:05 AM
doubling down on my (now laughable) suggestion about two weeks ago that we'll probably be ahead of them in the table by now? :shrug:

As for Wenger, I literally reckon I must have said 300 times over the past few years that there's every chance that replacing him is the right decision, so I'm not sure what I've been "horribly wrong" about...

I think you're being generous to yourself - I think it was much less than 300 times and only really since we didn't make the CL last year. Prior to that, you spent a good portion of the previous 5-6 years denigrating the intellect, literacy, football knowledge and even social class of anyone who dared to question Wenger despite there being overwhelming evidence that he was under-performing.

And it is for this that you must pay. :-)

SWv2
02-13-2018, 11:20 AM

Perhaps the almost blanket ability to spot your ruse indicates in general what a tedious prick you are*?

*perhaps a nice chap in person, probably not.

Tony C
02-13-2018, 11:36 AM
+20 years of Arsene and people still misjudge him.

Forget Top4 Wenger probably thinks we can still win the league :-|

Said a while back we should’ve swapped the teams around ie play the kids in the league until the end of the season and focus the 1st 11 on the 3 Cups.

At the very least you walk out of this season with a fine batch of young players ready for a crack at the league next season.