PDA

View Full Version : I do like how barking mad Noel Edmonds is these days. Not content with banging on

Burney
02-12-2018, 02:58 PM
about how we're all made from vibrating energy and having plastic surgery that makes him look like a sad Yorkshire terrier, he's now opened a radio station with the sole intention of having a go at Lloyd's Bank.

:clap: Top batshíttery.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42963128

Ash
02-12-2018, 02:59 PM
about how we're all made from vibrating energy and having plastic surgery that makes him look like a sad Yorkshire terrier, he's now opened a radio station with the sole intention of having a go at Lloyd's Bank.

:clap: Top batshíttery.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42963128

Sounds good. Has he got into reptilians yet?

Burney
02-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Sounds good. Has he got into reptilians yet?

Not as far as I know, but it can't be long. I suppose in his defence he's about the only Radio 1 DJ of the 70s/80s who as far as we know didn't have sex with children, so we should cut him some slack.

Actually, I was thinking about David Icke the other day. Why is it OK to laugh at his claim that he's the son of God, but not OK to laugh at a hairy-arsed bloke who tells you he's a woman? Why are some mental aberrations OK and others not?

Monty92
02-12-2018, 03:22 PM
What would you do if you met a transer who you knew wanted to be referred to by their non-biological pronoun?

Or, to put it another way, are there any contexts you can dscribe in which you would refuse to refer to them as they preferred?

Not as far as I know, but it can't be long. I suppose in his defence he's about the only Radio 1 DJ of the 70s/80s who as far as we know didn't have sex with children, so we should cut him some slack.

Actually, I was thinking about David Icke the other day. Why is it OK to laugh at his claim that he's the son of God, but not OK to laugh at a hairy-arsed bloke who tells you he's a woman? Why are some mental aberrations OK and others not?

Burney
02-12-2018, 03:30 PM
What would you do if you met a transer who you knew wanted to be referred to by their non-biological pronoun?

Or, to put it another way, are there any contexts you can dscribe in which you would refuse to refer to them as they preferred?

I would address them by the name by which they were introduced and I would endeavour to avoid causing unnecessary offence by not referring to their sex within their earshot. However, I will not lie or connive in a lie by calling a man 'she' or acquiescing in the absurd pretence that what I have in front of me is an actual woman/man when it is plainly not.

World's End Stella
02-12-2018, 03:33 PM
I would address them by the name by which they were introduced and I would endeavour to avoid causing unnecessary offence by not referring to their sex within their earshot. However, I will not lie or connive in a lie by calling a man 'she' or acquiescing in the absurd pretence that what I have in front of me is an actual woman/man when it is plainly not.

What if it isn't plainly obvious what it is? Bloke/bird on one of those Jordan Peterson debates I watched on youtube was not plainly one or the other.

Gave me the shivers just listening to it.

Monty92
02-12-2018, 03:36 PM

Really? I don't have any objection at all to calling them what they are plainly not, if that's what they want.

Just as if someone with an objectively terrible voice told you they have ambitions of being a singer, I'm sure you'd nod, smile and wish them the best of luck (which would be tantamount to lying).

Burney
02-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Really? I don't have any objection at all to calling them what they are plainly not, if that's what they want.

Just as if someone with an objectively terrible voice told you they have ambitions of being a singer, I'm sure you'd nod, smile and wish them the best of luck (which would be tantamount to lying).

If it were a one-off case of lying to spare someone's feelings or because they're a bit mental, that would be one thing. However, where it becomes (as it has) a lie that's coerced out of one by social (or even legal) pressure as part of a systematic programme of 're-education', I'm afraid I'm going to insist on digging my heels in. As I said earlier, once you make people accept blatant and demonstrable lies as unarguable truths, you're on the path to totalitarianism. To accept that for the sake of a quiet life is an act of moral cowardice.

Burney
02-12-2018, 03:46 PM
What if it isn't plainly obvious what it is? Bloke/bird on one of those Jordan Peterson debates I watched on youtube was not plainly one or the other.

Gave me the shivers just listening to it.

There are very few where you can't tell - at least the western ones. Some of the asian ones can be worryingly convincing, mind. And my view is that, if you're not sure, at least they've made an effort and you can play along more readily. But most of them these days are just ugly men in frocks who don't want to accept that they like cock and so have to pretend they're actually birds.

Monty92
02-12-2018, 03:49 PM
If it were a one-off case of lying to spare someone's feelings or because they're a bit mental, that would be one thing. However, where it becomes (as it has) a lie that coerced out of one as part of a systematic programme of 're-education', I'm afraid I'm going to insist on digging my heels in. As I said earlier, once you make people accept blatant and demonstrable lies as unarguable truths, you're on the path to totalitarianism. To accept that for the sake of a quiet life is an act of moral cowardice.

Agree entirely about the requirement to lie being imposed by systematic (be it state or cultural) forces - that's the line in the sand for me too.

I danced with one at a wedding once. It was one of those totally unconvincing transers too - six foot, shoulders like a scrum half, terrible wig..........sucked a mean cóck, mind.

Monty92
02-12-2018, 03:50 PM
There are very few where you can't tell - at least the western ones. Some of the asian ones can be worryingly convincing, mind. And my view is that, if you're not sure, at least they've made an effort and you can play along more readily. But most of them these days are just ugly men in frocks who don't want to accept that they like cock and so have to pretend they're actually birds.

I heard a gay chap once say that if he'd grown up today, he's pretty sure he'd have (wrongly) assumed he must be born in the wrong body, rather than simply fancying men.

IUFG
02-12-2018, 03:57 PM

I'm doing my bit, b.

I said "Thanks, mate" to a rather tall, stocky Store Assistant at Tesco this lunchtime.

Although, she didn't look too pleased that I used a non-gender specific pronoun towards her.

There's no pleasing some people...

Burney
02-12-2018, 03:58 PM
I heard a gay chap once say that if he'd grown up today, he's pretty sure he'd have (wrongly) assumed he must be born in the wrong body, rather than simply fancying men.

It's such a blindingly obvious truth and yet no-one wants to concede it. All that's actually been achieved here is that a generation of young gay (mostly) men have had the process of learning to deal with their sexuality severely impaired and retarded by giving those who are struggling with it a spurious and damaging option of pretending they're actually women. There'll be hell to pay for it in 20 years' time.

Luis Anaconda
02-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Agree entirely about the requirement to lie being imposed by systematic (be it state or cultural) forces - that's the line in the sand for me too.

I danced with one at a wedding once. It was one of those totally unconvincing transers too - six foot, shoulders like a scrum half, terrible wig..........sucked a mean cóck, mind.
Scrum halfs tend to be small chaps

Monty92
02-12-2018, 04:26 PM
Scrum halfs tend to be small chaps

I thought I might have got that wrong :-(

Aren't they the ones who take the ball from the scrum and then get flattened by all the other ****s?

Burney
02-12-2018, 04:34 PM

Aren't they the ones who take the ball from the scrum and then get flattened by all the other ****s?

:nod: I used to play scrum half until I was about 15. It sort of worked because it rewarded sneakiness and a modicum of physical courage but didn't require one to be particularly quick. Then the forwards started growing to enormous heights while I remained resolutely of average height, so I thought 'bugger that' and have never stepped onto a rugby field again.

Peter
02-12-2018, 07:35 PM

True. Funny that you mention Icke right after the whole BBC ***** thing. You know icke was called mad for saying all of that was happening about 10-15 years ago? And that politicians like Cyril smith and ted Heath were involved along with saville?

What a loony :)

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2018, 08:59 AM

Pretty much - you get some sizeable ones but it is probably the last rugby position left that a small fella can play in. We used to have one at our club who was so short he could actually run through some other players' legs

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2018, 09:04 AM
:nod: I used to play scrum half until I was about 15. It sort of worked because it rewarded sneakiness and a modicum of physical courage but didn't require one to be particularly quick. Then the forwards started growing to enormous heights while I remained resolutely of average height, so I thought 'bugger that' and have never stepped onto a rugby field again.

Scrum halves are also usually loud, opinionated buggers who never shut up. Not you at all, b ;)

Sir C
02-13-2018, 09:12 AM
Scrums are also usually loud, opinionated buggers who never shut up. Not you at all, b ;)

I sat next to Matt Dawson at a charity dinner once and he was absolutely delightful company. Also at the table were Will Carling and wossisname, the big lad. Martin Johnson. Both Dawson and Johnson referred to Carling with the moniker 'Bum Face', I remember, which was entirely appropriate.

Grand bunch of lads.

I got horrifically píssed and bid £1,000 for the use of a Bentley for a weekend, which prize I never colllected. Why the fúck would I want a Bentley for the weekend?

I hate drinking.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2018, 09:21 AM
I sat next to Matt Dawson at a charity dinner once and he was absolutely delightful company. Also at the table were Will Carling and wossisname, the big lad. Martin Johnson. Both Dawson and Johnson referred to Carling with the moniker 'Bum Face', I remember, which was entirely appropriate.

Grand bunch of lads.

I got horrifically píssed and bid £1,000 for the use of a Bentley for a weekend, which prize I never colllected. Why the fúck would I want a Bentley for the weekend?

I hate drinking.

Johnson is indeed the big lad. Had the misfortune of watching Question of Sport over Christmas and Dawson just struck me as someone trying to hard to be "funny" or a "character - although the fact that he has to try suggests he may just be a nice lad when the camera isn't on him.

I hope it was a worthwhile charity - were there any, um, attractive females in short black dresses at this event by any chance

Sir C
02-13-2018, 09:24 AM
Johnson is indeed the big lad. Had the misfortune of watching Question of Sport over Christmas and Dawson just struck me as someone trying to hard to be "funny" or a "character - although the fact that he has to try suggests he may just be a nice lad when the camera isn't on him.

I hope it was a worthwhile charity - were there any, um, attractive females in short black dresses at this event by any chance

It was some rugby charity. I've no idea, really. I think I got bullied into going.

The glw spent all evening discussing literature with Johnson. He is apparently quite well read.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2018, 09:31 AM
It was some rugby charity. I've no idea, really. I think I got bullied into going.

The glw spent all evening discussing literature with Johnson. He is apparently quite well read.

He hides it well. Although I doubt I would say that to his face

Burney
02-13-2018, 09:34 AM
He hides it well. Although I doubt I would say that to his face

And what a face it is. It appears to have been assembled from a collection of discarded, non-matching spare parts.

Burney
02-13-2018, 09:38 AM

I'll tell you who is a nice fellow - and very amusing - is Martin Bayfield. Absolutely enormous, of course, but actually quite charming. He told a particularly good story about his time in the police force where they raided a gay drug dealer's house where - to the enormous amusement of his colleagues, they discovered a full length poster of 'Bayfs' on the ceiling above the chap's bed. :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2018, 09:45 AM
And what a face it is. It appears to have been assembled from a collection of discarded, non-matching spare parts.

Wouldn't look out of place on Easter Island tbf

Sir C
02-13-2018, 09:47 AM
I'll tell you who is a nice fellow - and very amusing - is Martin Bayfield. Absolutely enormous, of course, but actually quite charming. He told a particularly good story about his time in the police force where they raided a gay drug dealer's house where - to the enormous amusement of his colleagues, they discovered a full length poster of 'Bayfs' on the ceiling above the chap's bed. :hehe:

Never heard of the fellow. The only rugby players with whom I am familiar are Billy Beaumont and Victor Ubogu.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2018, 09:49 AM
I thought he was a copper - back in the days when it was almost a requirement for an England. Richards, Dooley, Ackford - sure there were a couple of others.

He's a very good presenter, though I think ITV were taken the piss a bit on Saturday putting Shane Williams between him and Lawrene Dallaglio (also a much nicer bloke than he comes across on the telly)

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2018, 09:50 AM
Never heard of the fellow. The only rugby players with whom I am familiar are Billy Beaumont and Victor Ubogu.

You weren't a patron of Shoeless Joe's were you?

Burney
02-13-2018, 09:54 AM

Ubogu seems a niche shout.

Sir C
02-13-2018, 09:54 AM
You weren't a patron of Shoeless Joe's were you?

Not as far as I recall, no.

Sir C
02-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Ubogu seems a niche shout.

It was his cut glass RP that impressed me. You know, from a chap who looked so... rugged.

Burney
02-13-2018, 09:56 AM
It was his cut glass RP that impressed me. You know, from a chap who looked so... rugged.

I think you've spelt 'black' wrong there, old chap.