PDA

View Full Version : I'm out on the piss tonight.

Sir C
02-07-2018, 04:21 PM
I'm going to be found frozen to death on a park bench somewhere :-(

Burney
02-07-2018, 04:21 PM

Where are you going?

World's End Stella
02-07-2018, 04:22 PM

If it's near Fleet St I'll drag you into the Cheshire Cheese to warm you up. Maybe even near the fire.

Sir C
02-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Where are you going?

Bexley village.

Yes. Bexley village.

Ash
02-07-2018, 04:23 PM
If it's near Fleet St I'll drag you into the Cheshire Cheese to warm you up. Maybe even near the fire.

It would be a fantastic pub that if they served better beers. Sam Smiths is a bit Own Brand Value Range, don't you think?

Burney
02-07-2018, 04:26 PM
Bexley village.

Yes. Bexley village.

Good heavens. The King's Head? The George? The Miller's Arms?

Sir C
02-07-2018, 04:27 PM

The King's Head, then a spot of dinner at Ferraris, then to the bar at the Holiday Inn. I imagine that is how it will go.

:-(

Burney
02-07-2018, 04:29 PM
It would be a fantastic pub that if they served better beers. Sam Smiths is a bit Own Brand Value Range, don't you think?

:nod: It is very cheap, though. Actually, the number of great historic pubs that Sam Smith's has taken over and made a bit seedy is a bit depressing. There's the Cardinal Newman round the back of Westminster Cathedral, the Citie of Yorke on High Holborn and the Chandos on St Martin's Lane.

Burney
02-07-2018, 04:30 PM
The King's Head, then a spot of dinner at Ferraris, then to the bar at the Holiday Inn. I imagine that is how it will go.

:-(

The bar at the Holiday Inn, eh? This is some fancy high life you're pursuing.

Luis Anaconda
02-07-2018, 04:37 PM

The stout is nice - if a bit lethal

World's End Stella
02-07-2018, 04:42 PM

Yes, would be nice if it was a freehouse but having said that, I have had both lager and ale in there and both were very good.

And the crisps appeared to some old style brand I had never seen before that were about 87% salt. :eat:

Ash
02-07-2018, 04:52 PM
:nod: It is very cheap, though. Actually, the number of great historic pubs that Sam Smith's has taken over and made a bit seedy is a bit depressing. There's the Cardinal Newman round the back of Westminster Cathedral, the Citie of Yorke on High Holborn and the Chandos on St Martin's Lane.

I used to drink a bit in the Citteh of Yorke about ten years ago. Change from a fiver for two pints! Not as cheap as that these days though.

IUFG
02-07-2018, 04:59 PM
The stout is nice - if a bit lethal

The pale ale is great, imo

The Rob2
02-09-2018, 02:26 PM

pint of taddies at £3.60...can't complain :thumbup: