PDA

View Full Version : So tomorrow, a man is going to rip two wisdom teeth out of my head.

Burney
02-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Will that be fun, would you say?

Reassure me, awimb. :-\

Sir C
02-07-2018, 02:16 PM

I had mine done under general anaesthea. It was fine, didn't feel a thing - except that I went to a party that night and got fired into a bowl of cocaine, which reacted badly to the remaining anasethetics in my system and made my legs twitch uncontrollably for 36 hours.

So I don't recommend that so much.

Burney
02-07-2018, 02:17 PM
I had mine done under general anaesthea. It was fine, didn't feel a thing - except that I went to a party that night and got fired into a bowl of cocaine, which reacted badly to the remaining anasethetics in my system and made my legs twitch uncontrollably for 36 hours.

So I don't recommend that so much.

They haven't actually told me how they're going to anaesthetise me, but I presume they aren't going to give me a general, since they haven't told me not to eat or drink. Ho-hum.

PSRB
02-07-2018, 02:33 PM
They haven't actually told me how they're going to anaesthetise me, but I presume they aren't going to give me a general, since they haven't told me not to eat or drink. Ho-hum.

3 of 4 done with no major pain, had 2 fillings disintegrate in the last week.......that'll be cheap to fix :-(

Burney
02-07-2018, 02:41 PM
3 of 4 done with no major pain, had 2 fillings disintegrate in the last week.......that'll be cheap to fix :-(

Lately, dentists are having quite the party in my mouth. As one of them explained oh-so-tactfully last week, this is because we are all still basically cavemen from an evolutionary point of view and would be dead by now if we lived in a state of nature. And, since our teeth haven't evolved to catch up with our longer lifespans, our teeth tend to conk out at this point, so people in their early-to-mid 40s tend to need a lot of dental work to put their teeth in some kind of shape to see us through to the end.

After imparting this wisdom, he handed me a bill for 800 quid. Cünt.

PSRB
02-07-2018, 02:45 PM
Lately, dentists are having quite the party in my mouth. As one of them explained oh-so-tactfully last week, this is because we are all still basically cavemen from an evolutionary point of view and would be dead by now if we lived in a state of nature. And, since our teeth haven't evolved to catch up with our longer lifespans, they tend to conk out at this point. So people in their early-to-mid 40s tend to need a lot of dental work to put their teeth in some kind of shape to see us through to the end.

After imparting this wisdom, he handed me a bill for 800 quid. Cünt.

I'm expecting a similar size bill :cry:

Pokster
02-07-2018, 02:45 PM

Top or bottom jaw? Top are easier and less risks, bottom they sometimes dislocate your jaw :thumbup:

Burney
02-07-2018, 02:52 PM
Top or bottom jaw? Top are easier and less risks, bottom they sometimes dislocate your jaw :thumbup:

Both top, thankfully.

IUFG
02-07-2018, 03:19 PM

pain. searing, searing pain, b.

HTH

Burney
02-07-2018, 03:24 PM
pain. searing, searing pain, b.

HTH

This is less than helpful, i. :-(

World's End Stella
02-07-2018, 03:55 PM
This is less than helpful, i. :-(

I awoke from having all four removed as a teenager (smarter people have to have them taken out early doors you see) feeling only groggy, no real pain whatsoever. Possibly because I was pumped full of pain killers.

They gave me an entire 5 minutes to recover then basically forced me out to the car where - whilst sat next to my mother - I vomited up a good size bag worth of blood. Apparently you swallow like a litre of blood or something as your sat there.

Enjoy! :thumbup:

Burney
02-07-2018, 04:08 PM
I awoke from having all four removed as a teenager (smarter people have to have them taken out early doors you see) feeling only groggy, no real pain whatsoever. Possibly because I was pumped full of pain killers.

They gave me an entire 5 minutes to recover then basically forced me out to the car where - whilst sat next to my mother - I vomited up a good size bag worth of blood. Apparently you swallow like a litre of blood or something as your sat there.

A litre? As a decent Englishman, I will only be swallowing in pints. Like your mum does.

World's End Stella
02-07-2018, 04:46 PM
A litre? As a decent Englishman, I will only be swallowing in pints. Like your mum does.

Do you know, I have no idea what the pints to gallons conversion is. 4 litres to the gallon, more or less.

Pints? Jaysus man join the modern world.

Ash
02-07-2018, 04:50 PM
Do you know, I have no idea what the pints to gallons conversion is.

Pints? Jaysus man join the modern world.

8 pints in a gallon. I thought everyone knew that.

Do you ask for 0.568 litres of beer at the pub?

Peter
02-07-2018, 05:33 PM

I had all four done at once. A very light version of a general anaesthetic with loads of injections. Took an hour with a LOT of drilling but it was fine. ****ing painful about three hours later when the injections wore off but then the pills he gave me kicked in. Uncomfortable for a week (and you look a bit of a ****) but otherwise its no big deal.

Mine were deep but crooked. If yours are already coming out they literally just give it a tap and the whole thing takes ten minutes. If they are deeper its the full monty....

Peter
02-07-2018, 05:34 PM

That would have been in the seventies, presumably?

World's End Stella
02-08-2018, 09:58 AM
That would have been in the seventies, presumably?

:vsign:

80s, thank you. Early 80s. :old:

And in Canada, where dentistry is about 20 years ahead of the UK.

Peter
02-08-2018, 10:40 AM

Really? Mine was in the mid 90s. No blood was swallowed and the operation was performed by two Arsenal supporters. Beat that with a stick.

That said, I had no feeling on one side of my tongue for almost a month.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-08-2018, 10:59 AM

. . . . . . .

Burney
02-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Really? Mine was in the mid 90s. No blood was swallowed and the operation was performed by two Arsenal supporters. Beat that with a stick.

That said, I had no feeling on one side of my tongue for almost a month.

Turned out to be a doddle. Local anaesthetic and the teeth popped out painlessly and easily like good little chaps. I was done in less than ten minutes. Anaesthetic’s pretty much worn off now and it’s not even that sore.

Sir C
02-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Turned out to be a doddle. Local anaesthetic and the teeth popped out painlessly and easily like good little chaps. I was done in less than ten minutes. Anaesthetic’s pretty much worn off now and it’s not even that sore.

I advise against drinking a hot beverage, lest the numbness cause a burning of the mouth.

Imagine, you've lost some weight now.

Burney
02-08-2018, 11:47 AM
I advise against drinking a hot beverage, lest the numbness cause a burning of the mouth.

Imagine, you've lost some weight now.

I shall forgo eating and drinking until this evening, I think.

How was last night?

Sir C
02-08-2018, 11:54 AM
I shall forgo eating and drinking until this evening, I think.

How was last night?

Rancid. Out with a mad Glaswegian. Pissed by 6. Walked into the Kings Head where he immediately treated the old boys at the bar in a tirade about 'fúcking Romanians' and the 'fúcking p*ki' who recently ran over his nephew, to whch they reacted by welcoming him into their bosom. Topics of later conversation with this collection of racenteurs included, 'I've owned 106 cars in my lifetime, you might say I'm a petrolhead' and 'England will never do well in a world cup because of all the foreigners.'

By the time we'd moved on to a mixed antipasti platter and a mediocre pizzas, I was too pissed to speak.

I see from my phone that an Uber delivered me home at 2 a.m. :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-08-2018, 11:54 AM

I expect the fact that your teeth are as rotten as tree stumps in a swamp eased their extraction b.

Luis Anaconda
02-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Rancid. Out with a mad Glaswegian. Pissed by 6. Walked into the Kings Head where he immediately treated the old boys at the bar in a tirade about 'fúcking Romanians' and the 'fúcking p*ki' who recently ran over his nephew, to whch they reacted by welcoming him into their bosom. Topics of later conversation with this collection of racenteurs included, 'I've owned 106 cars in my lifetime, you might say I'm a petrolhead' and 'England will never do well in a world cup because of all the foreigners.'

By the time we'd moved on to a mixed antipasti platter and a mediocre pizzas, I was too pissed to speak.

I see from my phone that an Uber delivered me home at 2 a.m. :-(
Early night then

Luis Anaconda
02-08-2018, 12:12 PM

Lucky ******* :thumbup:

World's End Stella
02-08-2018, 12:57 PM
. . . . . . .

Cuisine - no. Casual food in Canada is much better than in the UK. It is only the really high class stuff that is better here and that's only because you imported foreign chefs to teach you how to do it.

Music and culture - yes, definitely better. Why do you think I moved here? :shrug:

Pokster
02-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Cuisine - no. Casual food in Canada is much better than in the UK. It is only the really high class stuff that is better here and that's only because you imported foreign chefs to teach you how to do it.

Music and culture - yes, definitely better. Why do you think I moved here? :shrug:

Had finished shagging all the mooses?

Ash
02-08-2018, 01:20 PM

Well, I'll give you the chips, cheese and gravy. :thumbup:

Peter
02-08-2018, 01:27 PM

Yep. My other half had hers done in ten minutes and she came out laughing.

About three or four hours later she was in quite a lot of pain. You might get away with it but even if you dont, a night of pain or discomfort is hardly something that should rattle a gentleman.

Burney
02-08-2018, 01:43 PM
Yep. My other half had hers done in ten minutes and she came out laughing.

About three or four hours later she was in quite a lot of pain. You might get away with it but even if you dont, a night of pain or discomfort is hardly something that should rattle a gentleman.

Well it’s five hours later and still no particular discomfort. Quite bored of my mouth tasting of blood, though.

Peter
02-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Well it’s five hours later and still no particular discomfort. Quite bored of my mouth tasting of blood, though.

A stiff glass of brandy will take care of that.

I couldnt smile for a week. It wasnt too much of an inconvenience

World's End Stella
02-08-2018, 02:17 PM
Well, I'll give you the chips, cheese and gravy. :thumbup:

Poutine - and it's cheese curds if done properly. Quite the most wonderful comfort food it is, as well. :eat: