PDA

View Full Version : The best thing about my previous job was the banning of eating at desks.

Ash
02-07-2018, 01:46 PM
Having to endure the stench of other peoples' stinky lunches detracts from the quality of my day.

[/fashpost]

Sir C
02-07-2018, 01:47 PM
Having to endure the stench of other peoples' stinky lunches detracts from the quality of my day.

[/fashpost]

I had toast and Marmite. No one could object to the smell of toast and Marmite, surely?

Ash
02-07-2018, 01:53 PM
I had toast and Marmite. No one could object to the smell of toast and Marmite, surely?

I wouldn't mind that at all. It's well known that everyone likes marmite.

Call me a euro-parochial, but I sadly am not keen on many eastern foods, and the smell makes me queasy.

Sir C
02-07-2018, 01:55 PM

Call me a euro-parochial, but I sadly am not keen on many eastern foods, and the smell makes me queasy.

Eastern foods like pie and mash, jellied eels and whelks and that?

Ash
02-07-2018, 01:58 PM
Eastern foods like pie and mash, jellied eels and whelks and that?

And winkles. My great-uncle used to devour them by the pint.

Sir C
02-07-2018, 01:59 PM
And winkles. My great-uncle used to devour them by the pint.

Whereas your mum has no great enthusiasm for the winkle.

Am I doing it right?

Luis Anaconda
02-07-2018, 02:02 PM

It's not uncommon for people to eat a kebab at their desk here - that isn't great. Mind you I had a very nice lump of camembert with my lunch the other day that did not lack in the whiff department

Ash
02-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Whereas your mum has no great enthusiasm for the winkle.

Am I doing it right?

Possibly, but I'm not in the 'your mum' club.

Sir C
02-07-2018, 02:05 PM
Possibly, but I'm not in the 'your mum' club.

Your mum's in the club.

No, I've lost my touch. I need emergency retraining. Where's b, I wonder.

Burney
02-07-2018, 02:09 PM

[/fashpost]

After extensive scientific study, I have come to realise that Salade Niçoise is the single most offensive thing one can eat at one's desk, containing as it does the key stink trifecta of fish, onion and egg.

World's End Stella
02-07-2018, 03:50 PM
Some of the Chinese people at work often reheat last night's leftovers as lunch in the microwave in the kitchen.

And often last night's dinner was made with fish sauce. Reheated in a microwave the next day causes an unholy smell. Literally, vomit inducing stench.

Burney
02-07-2018, 03:53 PM
Some of the Chinese people at work often reheat last night's leftovers as lunch in the microwave in the kitchen.

And often last night's dinner was made with fish sauce. Reheated in a microwave the next day causes an unholy smell. Literally, vomit inducing stench.

Yes. There's a Singaporean Chinese lady here with a penchant for doing that. However, being Singaporean Chinese, she doesn't give a shít. No matter how many times people complain, she carries on regardless. :hehe:

Quite some of the rudest people on earth, your Singaporean Chinese are.