PDA

View Full Version : Now I don't really follow this American football malarkey, but it seems that

Burney
02-05-2018, 11:05 AM
Philadelphia's fans are celebrating the Super Bowl triumph of the city of brotherly love by...errr...smashing it up. :hehe:

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/05/rioting-philadelphia-super-bowl-2018-rioting-breaks-7286935/

World's End Stella
02-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Philadelphia's fans are celebrating the Super Bowl triumph of the city of brotherly love by...errr...smashing it up. :hehe:

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/05/rioting-philadelphia-super-bowl-2018-rioting-breaks-7286935/

There is a long and storied history of American sports fans wrecking their cities after winning the Championship. And Philly fans are known as some of the most objectionable around. They relish in the reputation.

If memory serves, the fine citizens of Chicago did a particularly good number on that city after the Bulls won the NBA championship some years back.

PSRB
02-05-2018, 11:13 AM
There is a long and storied history of American sports fans wrecking their cities after winning the Championship. And Philly fans are known as some of the most objectionable around. They relish in the reputation.

If memory serves, the fine citizens of Chicago did a particularly good number on that city after the Bulls won the NBA championship some years back.

Frequently happens to whichever city's team win the Stanley Cup, all very bizarre.

We just had a kickabout across Blackstock Road when we won the league

Burney
02-05-2018, 11:14 AM

Gosh. Who knew?

This chap's dedication to misbehaviour is especially admirable, I think.

https://twitter.com/barstoolhrtland/status/960386779890245632

Sir C
02-05-2018, 11:14 AM

Septics. Silly as árseholes to a man.

Burney
02-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Septics. Silly as árseholes to a man.

:nod: Everyone knows that what you do in these situations is leave the taps running in the opposition's bogs.

Tony C
02-05-2018, 11:40 AM
This is what happens when the City doesn’t have any aids to help them with the post game celebrations imo

Burney
02-05-2018, 11:43 AM
This is what happens when the City doesn’t have any aids to help them with the post game celebrations imo

I can't help but feel that Rocky ought to be out there exhorting them to be better people, t.

Right. Apart from William Penn, the Liberty Bell and the Declaration of Independence, that exhausts my knowledge of Philadelphia.

Ash
02-05-2018, 11:46 AM
I can't help but feel that Rocky ought to be out there exhorting them to be better people, t.

Right. Apart from William Penn, the Liberty Bell and the Declaration of Independence, that exhausts my knowledge of Philadelphia.

Soft cheese.

Burney
02-05-2018, 11:47 AM
Soft cheese.

The alternative being hard cheese, which is presumably what Bostonians are currently enduring?

IUFG
02-05-2018, 12:17 PM
... that exhausts my knowledge of Philadelphia.

Bruce Springsteen wrote and sang a really **** song about The Streets of...

:thumbup:

redgunamo
02-05-2018, 12:22 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/34/ce/b8/34ceb848a7d747430dd648413dc2200f--fly-eagles-fly-will-smith.jpg

Luis Anaconda
02-05-2018, 12:23 PM

I went to a wedding there once. Nice station, church should have had air conditioning. Finished up in a bar in the middle of nowhere where the bride (my cousin) turned up but not the groom. Ended up playing pool in her basement (stop it - not a euphemism) with the lad who drove us home. He was so pissed he could barely hold a cue, which given we had got back through some quite windy roads perplexed me. That's my Philadelphia Experiment anyway

redgunamo
02-05-2018, 12:26 PM
I went to a wedding there once. Nice station, church should have had air conditioning. Ended up in a bar in the middle of nowhere where the bride (my cousin) turned up but not the groom. Ended up playing pool in her basement (stop it - not a euphemism) with the lad who drove us home. He was so pissed he could barely hold a cue, which given we had got back through so quite windy roads perplexed me. That's my Philadelphia Experiment anyway

I've got a cousin there too, called Isabel :rubchin:

Sir C
02-05-2018, 12:31 PM
Bruce Springsteen wrote and sang a really **** song about The Streets of...

:thumbup:

Won an Oscar, that did.

wd bs.

Burney

Well it seems there's much more to Philadelphia than I realised.

Burney
Won an Oscar, that did.

wd bs.

What was it about?

Luis Anaconda
02-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Isabel? Tall girl, Well-shaped? Pretty? If so - PIC?

Sir C
02-05-2018, 12:37 PM
What was it about?

Geezer dying of the bad aids.

"Night has fallen, I'm lyin' awake,
I can feel myself fading away,
So receive me brother with your faithless kiss..."

Bit bitter, imo.