PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout those Hotspurs, huh?

Sir C
02-05-2018, 09:43 AM
It's not often I watch our dear neighbours, but I've seen them a couple of tiems recently and they really are a most unpleasant set of kicky, cheaty thugs, aren't they?

It's nice when there's an objective reason to hate them as well as the emotional one. It's a sort of BOGOF deal.

Burney
02-05-2018, 09:51 AM
It's not often I watch our dear neighbours, but I've seen them a couple of tiems recently and they really are a most unpleasant set of kicky, cheaty thugs, aren't they?

It's nice when there's an objective reason to hate them as well as the emotional one. It's a sort of BOGOF deal.

I simply don't watch them. I thought young McTernan was very good for us on Saturday. Mind you, Everton were pretty fair dogshďt.

Ash
02-05-2018, 09:53 AM

Maurice Pocket appears to be accomplished at the dark arts. I imagine we will be conceding pelanties next weekend.

PSRB
02-05-2018, 09:53 AM

I appear to be the only person (apart from the ref) who thought they were both penalties :shrug:

Thought keeper did well on the first one to realise Kane would go straight down the middle. Seemed the likely thing to do, that close to the end of the game.

Dele Alli's dive was about as blatant as you'll get

Burney
02-05-2018, 09:54 AM
Maurice Pocket appears to be accomplished at the dark arts. I imagine we will be conceding pelanties next weekend.

Argentinian, you see? A vile, sneaky breed much given to thievery, treachery and underhand tactics.

They all ought to be drowned at birth. Naturally, they have historically been attracted to Tottenham Hotspur.

Sir C
02-05-2018, 09:58 AM
I simply don't watch them. I thought young McTernan was very good for us on Saturday. Mind you, Everton were pretty fair dogshďt.

Yes, it's unusual for me to see them, especially twice in a short period, but it was instructive and pleasingly enraging. I also noted that they play with an extraordinary intensity for the whole 90 minutes, displaying, beyond any doubt at all, that they're being doped to the eyeballs.

Everton were poor, of course, but we looked quite phenomenal going forward and will give most teams a good scare at the back. Sadly, our defence looks almost miraculously porous. It's like we have human beings through whom other human beings can magically run. Almunia used to display this quality when the ball would somehow pass straight through his body, but Koscielny and Mustafi appear to have taken it to a whole new level.

Ash
02-05-2018, 09:58 AM

The Welsh did well too. I expect WES will be giving the place a miss today.

Sir C
02-05-2018, 09:59 AM

Yes, and furthermore they will kick the living shít out of us.

I assume Mike Riley will be 'in charge'.

Burney
02-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Yes, it's unusual for me to see them, especially twice in a short period, but it was instructive and pleasingly enraging. I also noted that they play with an extraordinary intensity for the whole 90 minutes, displaying, beyond any doubt at all, that they're being doped to the eyeballs.

Everton were poor, of course, but we looked quite phenomenal going forward and will give most teams a good scare at the back. Sadly, our defence looks almost miraculously porous. It's like we have human beings through whom other human beings can magically run. Almunia used to display this quality when the ball would somehow pass straight through his body, but Koscielny and Mustafi appear to have taken it to a whole new level.

Yes. Mind you, I was spectacularly grateful for Mustafi's tackle preventing Walcott from scoring.

Sir C
02-05-2018, 10:04 AM

He wants to leave, according to some bloke on Twitter, mainly because of his treatment by our fans.

Obviously, this bloke on Twitter is trustworthy.

Luis Anaconda
02-05-2018, 10:05 AM
I appear to be the only person (apart from the ref) who thought they were both penalties :shrug:

Thought keeper did well on the first one to realise Kane would go straight down the middle. Seemed the likely thing to do, that close to the end of the game.

hmm - no problems with the first one (apart from the ludicrous offside rule) but the second was beyond soft. Hilarious though

Rich
02-05-2018, 10:06 AM
Yes, and furthermore they will kick the living shít out of us.

I assume Mike Riley will be 'in charge'.

I'm hoping that Arsene's rather vociferous protests* against him will mean that the FA wouldn't dare do that.

* - calling him a cheat.

Sir C
02-05-2018, 10:09 AM
I'm hoping that Arsene's rather vociferous protests* against him will mean that the FA wouldn't dare do that.

* - calling him a cheat.

It won't make any difference, sadly. The drugged-up automata will kick us off the pitch, run us into the ground, dive for free kicks and penalties and finally gub us 3 or 4-0.

So is it written.

PSRB
02-05-2018, 10:11 AM
hmm - no problems with the first one (apart from the ludicrous offside rule) but the second was beyond soft. Hilarious though

It's a weird one, there are 2 angles for that 2nd penalty, the front on one looks no way a penalty but if you see the side on one then VVD clearly kicks Lamela in the back of the leg.

Yes, the offside rule is ridicules but we've known that for years

Burney
02-05-2018, 10:11 AM
It won't make any difference, sadly. The drugged-up automata will kick us off the pitch, run us into the ground, dive for free kicks and penalties and finally gub us 3 or 4-0.

So is it written.

Did you get my text, btw? Quite freaked me out, that did.

Sir C
02-05-2018, 10:12 AM
Did you get my text, btw? Quite freaked me out, that did.

I did not. When was that?

Rich
02-05-2018, 10:12 AM

So is it written.

I read that we have only won 2/3 league games away from home all season (in the league). It is embarrassingly poor. I really don't understand how being at home can be such an advantage. The pitch is roughly the same size, the same rules apply etc.

Anyway, ITKs tell me that Arsene is handing over to Joachim Low after the World Cup. His remit with this 2 year deal was a slow transition; starting with the infrastructure and ending with the manager. This should mitigate the risk of a post-Sir Alex type scenario.

Burney
02-05-2018, 10:13 AM

Sent it about half an hour ago.

Sir C
02-05-2018, 10:13 AM

It's just appeared. How bizarre!

Ugly bugger.

Sir C
02-05-2018, 10:14 AM
I read that we have only won 2/3 league games away from home all season (in the league). It is embarrassingly poor. I really don't understand how being at home can be such an advantage. The pitch is roughly the same size, the same rules apply etc.

Anyway, ITKs tell me that Arsene is handing over to Joachim Low after the World Cup. His remit with this 2 year deal was a slow transition; starting with the infrastructure and ending with the manager. This should mitigate the risk of a post-Sir Alex type scenario.

I'm not fan of the elderly German armpit-sniffer.

Burney
02-05-2018, 10:14 AM
It's just appeared. How bizarre!

Ugly bugger.

You agree it's a striking likeness, then? You haven't been on a train from Thatcham this morning, I take it?

Sir C
02-05-2018, 10:15 AM
You agree it's a striking likeness, then? You haven't been on a train from Thatcham this morning, I take it?

It's remarkable, actually. I don't remember being on such a train, but these days I do struggle with short term memory a bit.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-05-2018, 10:15 AM

Did you see the rugby? Great set of wheels on the big lad at no.8 :yikes: When are they going to drop Mike Brown? I can’t remember the last time I thought he had a good game.

Luis Anaconda
02-05-2018, 10:17 AM

* - calling him a cheat.

I thinbk the fact that Riley retired in 2009 is a bigger obstacle to him reffing the match tbf

Burney
It's remarkable, actually. I don't remember being on such a train, but these days I do struggle with short term memory a bit.

Surely not to the extent that you'd forget being in Berkshire at 6.58 this morning, though?

I think we need to find this person. He could quite easily steal your identity/wife/cats.

PSRB
Did you see the rugby? Great set of wheels on the big lad at no.8 :yikes: When are they going to drop Mike Brown? I can’t remember the last time I thought he had a good game.

I was astonished by the fact that Jonny May has never scored a 6 Nations try!

Sir C
02-05-2018, 10:18 AM
I thinbk the fact that Riley retired in 2009 is a bigger obstacle to him reffing the match tbf

Is it Dean I mean? Dean, that's him.

They're the same person really anyway, imo.

Sir C
Surely not to the extent that you'd forget being in Berkshire at 6.58 this morning, though?

I think we need to find this person. He could quite easily steal your identity/wife/cats.

Or I could steal his...

Luis Anaconda
Was very impressed with Simmonds - seems more suited to 7 than 8 but seriously quick. Love the Ford/Farrell access. Agree about Brown. With Nowell fit he might drop out. Ideal back three for me would be Nowell, Watson, Daly. With May on the bench (though he did well yesterday.

Luis Anaconda
02-05-2018, 10:19 AM
Is it Dean I mean? Dean, that's him.

They're the same person really anyway, imo.

Pretty much, yes. I have a feeling we'll get Anthony Taylor. Result

Burney
02-05-2018, 10:20 AM
Or I could steal his...

Oooh, good plan.It would seem a shame to pass up the chance. It's not like one discovers one's doppelgänger every day. There's definitely the opportunity for 'Prince and the Pauper'-type escapades in this.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-05-2018, 10:24 AM
I was astonished by the fact that Jonny May has never scored a 6 Nations try!

That’s the difference between him and some of the others, he has got the speed but he’s not really a good finisher. That’s why he’s often the one playing the final pass before the try is scored.

World's End Stella
02-05-2018, 10:58 AM

A tap in from 2 yards, a lucky deflection and a finish you would expect from a professional footballer. All while endlessly pushing forward which against a better team would kill us. All the credit for the goals goes to Mikkie and Ozil.

:-)

Luis Anaconda
02-05-2018, 10:58 AM
That’s the difference between him and some of the others, he has got the speed but he’s not really a good finisher. That’s why he’s often the one playing the final pass before the try is scored.

That is a bit of a shocker

Pokster
02-05-2018, 11:15 AM

I agree with you about the pens....crap defending mind

Pokster
02-05-2018, 11:16 AM
He wants to leave, according to some bloke on Twitter, mainly because of his treatment by our fans.

Obviously, this bloke on Twitter is trustworthy.

WES wants to leave? Let him go imo

Sir C
02-05-2018, 11:21 AM
WES wants to leave? Let him go imo

Apparently both Juventus and Real Madrid are after him. They really ought to have WES explain to them that he's shít.

Pokster
02-05-2018, 11:23 AM
Apparently both Juventus and Real Madrid are after him. They really ought to have WES explain to them that he's shít.

He can then tell them that there national food is ****e and he knows a nice place in Dubai that cooks it better

World's End Stella
02-05-2018, 12:45 PM

Just give me their numbers and I'll get right on it :thumbup:

And Aaron Ramseyless Arsenal :cloud9:

Sir C
02-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Just give me their numbers and I'll get right on it :thumbup:

And Aaron Ramseyless Arsenal :cloud9:

Who would you see replacing him in the squad who would improve us?

World's End Stella
02-05-2018, 01:00 PM
Who would you see replacing him in the squad who would improve us?

4-3-3

Monreal Kos Mustafi Bellerin
Elneny Wilshere Mikkie
Ozil Aubamayeng Iwobi

Ideally, Elneny to be replaced by a better DM in the summer as well as a new keeper and a new CB. Elneny, Xhaka and Ramsey provide depth in midfield. In some games you might play the new DM, Elneny and Wilshere in midfield and push Mikkie up front on the right.

Sir C
02-05-2018, 01:03 PM
4-3-3

Elneny Wilshere Mikkie
Ozil Aubamayeng Iwobi

Ideally, Elneny to be replaced by a better DM in the summer as well as a new keeper and a new CB. Elneny, Xhaka and Ramsey provide depth in midfield. In some games you might play the new DM, Elneny and Wilshere in midfield and push Mikkie up front on the right.

Right. And you see such as squad being stronger with Ramsey gone?

Interesting. Certifiably mental, but interesting.

World's End Stella
02-05-2018, 01:07 PM

No, I wasn't being entirely serious. :rolleyes:

I can live with Ramsey in the squad as long as he is not automatically selected for the fist 11 regardless of how badly he is playing and regardless of how out of position he is played. As long as the current manager is in place, I'm afraid I think that will continue to be true.

I'm quite happy to have him spend most of his time on the bench providing some depth in case Mikkie or Mesut get injured or need a breather. :-)

Luis Anaconda
02-05-2018, 01:08 PM

He seems unable to get his full backs on the right side as well. But stoopid really

Viva Prat Vegas
02-05-2018, 01:09 PM
LA "He seems unable to get his full backs on the right side as well. But stoopid really"

Maybe he has gone for an adventurous 3-3-4 formation

Luis Anaconda
02-05-2018, 01:10 PM
LA "He seems unable to get his full backs on the right side as well. But stoopid really"

Maybe he has gone for an adventurous 3-3-4 formation
Possibly - he is a nutter

Ash
02-05-2018, 01:13 PM

If he doesn't want to sign a new contract then we probably have to sell him in the summer to avoid another final year saga. There are other clubs where he would face less competition and a preferred role, and other clubs again where he might not be guaranteed what he wants on the pitch, but more monies and glory could be on the cards. Also he'd be free of the element of the fan-base determined to hate on him.

He'll probably command a decent fee, which we could reinvest in the fabled midfielder we've needed since ....

Pokster
02-05-2018, 01:16 PM
Possibly - he is a nutter

Not playing a keeper either....must be a new offside tactic

IUFG
02-05-2018, 02:13 PM
4-3-3

Elneny Wilshere Mikkie
Ozil Aubamayeng Iwobi

**** off, with your Iwobi.

You ****ing mentalist

World's End Stella
02-05-2018, 03:33 PM
**** off, with your Iwobi.

You ****ing mentalist

Yes, fair enough. But you can't have everyone be top class, IUFG. We went undefeated with Ralph at RB, and take look at a few of the slugs in ManU's treble team.

And I like the lad, he's getting better, I think. Perhaps the Bordeaux chappie or something similar.

But we should be optimistic after that display. We have a player that might keep Ramsey out of the team, even with Wenger as manager. And if you add a keeper, DM and CB and a new manager we might actually challenge for something.

WES the Optimist :-)

Luis Anaconda
02-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Pretty much, yes. I have a feeling we'll get Anthony Taylor. Result

:( Be careful what you wish for

https://www.premierleague.com/news/617259