PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'm bored of being on my notice period now.

Burney
02-02-2018, 11:39 AM
I'm not allowed out of the office, can't work from home (fair enough really as I'd be on my allotment if I were) and have nothing meaningful to do except prepare a 'handover document' of dubious value.

BOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRREDDDDDDDD! :yawn:

Pokster
02-02-2018, 12:39 PM
I'm not allowed out of the office, can't work from home (fair enough really as I'd be on my allotment if I were) and have nothing meaningful to do except prepare a 'handover document' of dubious value.

Just post endless stuff on Awimb...... oh

Pat Vegas
02-02-2018, 12:48 PM

in my last job it was so boring I just ended up reading endless wikipedia pages. would click the links within the article and see where it would take me.

barrybueno
02-02-2018, 12:51 PM

You can answer my question from the other day then, are you going back to Selsdon?

Burney
02-02-2018, 01:14 PM
You can answer my question from the other day then, are you going back to Selsdon?

No. Dartford.

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2018, 01:23 PM
No. Dartford.

I've got to write 200 words on airplane cabins if you fancy doing that

7sisters
02-02-2018, 01:23 PM
I say B. Well done on the new job and all that. Does this mean you'll now be engaged in a proper job. The type of role that requires one to be a tad more engaged with actually putting in some graft within working hours; as opposed to being afforded the luxury of spending unlimited amounts of time, posting **** on here. ?

7sisters
02-02-2018, 01:27 PM

Don't say anymore la. You'll ruin the image you've cultivated of being on overseas delegation, while working at the cutting edge of news and current affairs..

Sir C
02-02-2018, 01:29 PM

Airplane? Airfúckingplane? Are you a septic?

What about aircraft cabins?

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2018, 01:32 PM

Depends on which Aeroline has them

Burney
02-02-2018, 01:32 PM

200 words? Piece of píss imo.

Sir C
02-02-2018, 01:33 PM
No. Dartford.

We can lunch. Down Farningham, like in the old days.

Sir C
02-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Depends on which Aeroline has them

Riddle me this. Which airline first put lie flat beds into business class and changed the whole paradigm at one fell swoop? God bless whoever it was, anyway.

Burney
02-02-2018, 01:35 PM

I think he should call the piece ‘Plane Speaking’ just to annoy you.

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2018, 01:35 PM
Riddle me this. Which airline first put lie flat beds into business class and changed the whole paradigm at one fell swoop? God bless whoever it was, anyway.

Qatar? I'm sorry I have a cold

Ash
02-02-2018, 01:36 PM

I had a pint in the pub next to the river there while walking the Darent Valley.

Luis Anaconda
200 words? Piece of píss imo.

It is but I lack motivation. It's almost beer time

Burney

:nod: I was thinking this.

Sir C
02-02-2018, 01:38 PM
I think he should call the piece ‘Plane Speaking’ just to annoy you.

Believe it or not, that's the name of the Old Elthamian's magazine. Because of the big plane tree outside Central Hall.

A pun. They're using a pun. :-(

Burney
02-02-2018, 01:39 PM
It is but I lack motivation. It's almost beer time

Just blurb on for a bit, chucking in some factoids you got off the internet like everyone else. :shrug:

It’s not like anyone reads the thing, is it?

Sir C
02-02-2018, 01:39 PM
I had a pint in the pub next to the river there while walking the Darent Valley.

Just by the bridge there? I remember a beautiful summer's evening having a meal there with b and his gl and his daughter, who was a tiny wee thing. :cry: Why does everything have to change, a? :cry:

Sir C
02-02-2018, 01:40 PM
Just blurb on for a bit, chucking in some factoids you got off the internet like everyone else. :shrug:

For a brief period I used to actually open it just to see la's name. Now it goes, unopened, straight into the bin, of course.

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2018, 01:41 PM

I was thinking more of waiting til Monday and getting my colleague to do it

Sir C
Qatar? I'm sorry I have a cold

I'm sure it was a transatlantic carrier.

Burney

The Lion? Nice garden, but the Pied Bull’s better.

Ash
02-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Just by the bridge there?

Yes. My Dad was supposed to pick us up but couldn't find us despite living only about seven miles away for the last 40 years. Then it rained rather hard but he found us eventually. In March he'll drop us off there and we'll finish off the valley up to the The River.

Sir C
02-02-2018, 01:43 PM
:nod: I was thinking this.

That time a few years ago, just before christmas...

:hehe: No, that's wrong. :cry: No, that's not right either.

Oh God I'm getting the regrets and the nostalgias again. I'm off to the bathroom for a weep.

Peter
02-02-2018, 01:43 PM

What about the cabins? This sounds much more interesting than my work....

Burney
02-02-2018, 01:58 PM
That time a few years ago, just before christmas...

:hehe: No, that's wrong. :cry: No, that's not right either.

Oh God I'm getting the regrets and the nostalgias again. I'm off to the bathroom for a weep.

Yes, that would have been it. 2012.

Burney
02-02-2018, 01:59 PM
Just by the bridge there? I remember a beautiful summer's evening having a meal there with b and his gl and his daughter, who was a tiny wee thing. :cry: Why does everything have to change, a? :cry:

20 next birthday. :yikes: